News Ben Barba faces new assault charge

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
NRL bad boy Ben Barba has been charged over an alleged pub attack on his wife's brother.

The Dally M medalist turned banned ex-player allegedly punched his wife's brother in the face in a pub in Mackay.

Barba’s Cowboys contract was torn up after allegations he had been violent towards his partner in January last year.

Barba has a history of bad behaviour, initially being released by the Cronulla Sharks after testing positive to cocaine four days after their maiden grand final win in 2016. This was Barba’s second drug-related incident, with the first breach occurring outside the NRL.

Source: Daily Telegraph 27th of February 2020

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Blokes like Barba don't just start doing this overnight he would have been doing it when he was at the Dogs and it shows you how good or bad (depending on which way you look at it) Greenturd is at covering things up.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
What a goose. Bloke had the world at his feet and could have been anything but threw it all away. Glad we got rid of him when we did!!

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has the worst case of little mans disease I've ever seen.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Absolute twat.. was a kid that could have had it all, fame, money, everything.. so many would do anything to have the opportunity he had. Took it all for granted and just fucked it all up.

No respect for people like this. Very very sad.!!!

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ben Barba, the definition of "wasted talent". Guy could have been anything but chose to just be a fuckwit instead. It will come back to haunt him in later life when or if he looks back at what could have been instead of what was.

Motorhead

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
2 x Tipping Champ
Reaction score
Just put a bullet in this piece of fungus. He should get a tattoo on his forehead saying "I'm a deadshit".
Sounds like he needs a good beatdown to pull him up a little bit.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He was one of my favourite most exciting players for the dogs, unfortunately he is now a wasted talent. He needs God, such a let down.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
He was one of my favourite most exciting players for the dogs, unfortunately he is now a wasted talent. He needs God, such a let down.
Yep, was such a shame. 2012 he was fantastic for us and I had high hopes we had a genuine superstar on our hands....then the rest is history.

If only we could find another Ben Barba but without all the hang ups. He was so unpredictable and could make something from nothing. I miss that in our team.

Last edited:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Has the worst case of little mans disease I've ever seen.
this has got nothing to do with little man, im little including a little penis and im normal

this guy is just a fuck and has always been, I knew it from the start and was all over him

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
One good season of footy a life time of stupidity...
everyone thought barba carried the team in 2012, but the team conceded 369pts that year which is premiership winning in normal situations except we had barba in the grand final, if we played Perrett in the 2012 gf we would win

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What a fucken idiot.
This has to be the greatest example of pissing everything up a wall, ever.
This ****’s fucked.
He should do us all a favor and drive off a tall bridge.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
What a fucken idiot.
This has to be the greatest example of pissing everything up a wall, ever.
This ****’s fucked.
He should do us all a favor and drive off a tall bridge.
Question is, how long til he actually gets locked up. Can't keep assaulting people time and time again without being given some time.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
everyone thought barba carried the team in 2012, but the team conceded 369pts that year which is premiership winning in normal situations except we had barba in the grand final, if we played Perrett in the 2012 gf we would win

Lol what? we lost that game because we came up against a team with two, possibly 3 future immortals, including the goat

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol what? we lost that game because we came up against a team with two, possibly 3 future immortals, including the goat
I personally think the game was lost on the back of losing Ennis. Mbye wasn't terrible in the game, but it seemed like our forwards just never got going quite as well and that had a flow on consequence everywhere else. Barba was seen as the reason we did well that year, but our forwards all had second phase play and our whole backline and most of our forwards were doing a magnificent job of offering support play. It's no coincidence that the following year changes to obstruction rules came in and destroyed the strategy that we implemented based around having a support runner on either side of the ball carrier on every run. It was a simple strategy that really made any elusive support runner hard to manage. Opposition teams were committing three to a tackle to try to nullify the offloads, so any ball that was offloaded to someone with some pace or elusive ability was usually giving them a bit of space to work with. The case in point was that Reynolds and Keating had cracker seasons too. Their playmaking ability wasn't spectacular, but their support play was great and the platform the forwards provided took full advantage of it.

I'm not downplaying the fact that Barba was great that year. But the game plan that year perfectly matched his skill set. He never had a season close to as good as 2012 because the NRL really killed off the forwards dominated strategy with the obstruction rules being tightened.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I personally think the game was lost on the back of losing Ennis. Mbye wasn't terrible in the game, but it seemed like our forwards just never got going quite as well and that had a flow on consequence everywhere else. Barba was seen as the reason we did well that year, but our forwards all had second phase play and our whole backline and most of our forwards were doing a magnificent job of offering support play. It's no coincidence that the following year changes to obstruction rules came in and destroyed the strategy that we implemented based around having a support runner on either side of the ball carrier on every run. It was a simple strategy that really made any elusive support runner hard to manage. Opposition teams were committing three to a tackle to try to nullify the offloads, so any ball that was offloaded to someone with some pace or elusive ability was usually giving them a bit of space to work with. The case in point was that Reynolds and Keating had cracker seasons too. Their playmaking ability wasn't spectacular, but their support play was great and the platform the forwards provided took full advantage of it.

I'm not downplaying the fact that Barba was great that year. But the game plan that year perfectly matched his skill set. He never had a season close to as good as 2012 because the NRL really killed off the forwards dominated strategy with the obstruction rules being tightened.

I don't remember losing Ennis for that game.. assuming you're thinking of the 2014 team for Mbye? by all means am I not saying we didn't have a good team across the park... I think that 2012 beats most premiership teams of the decade and even other premiership Storm teams but we just had the worst luck in the fact that they had every member of the big 3 play that game and they all had blinders... I will say that if any players looked better with Benny there it was Keating and Josh Reynolds