Change

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I went to Liverpool the other day to start councilling.

I got asked by 5 different pan handlers for spare change.

I'm not originally from Liverpool so not sure if this is a regular thing?

Its no good to ask me for change.
In this scenario I'll always give you a confused psychotic stare, point in the opposite direction and say "oh yes the ATM is in that direction".

If anyone asks me for money who I do not know? I won't give it to you.

The true homeless don't ask strangers for money.

What other areas of Sydney (minus the CBD) have this problem of drug addicts and gamblers pan handling?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

In this scenario I'll always give you a confused psychotic stare, point in the opposite direction and say "oh yes the ATM is in that direction".

What other areas of Sydney (minus the CBD) have this problem of drug addicts and gamblers pan handling?
I was once in Roselands and a lady asked me for money. Not change, she specifically said money.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

I work in livo once a fortnight, and the rest of the time I work in parra, I can tell you Parra is much worse ..

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I was once in Roselands and a lady asked me for money. Not change, she specifically said money.
Was in Melbourne the other week and a guy said, "do you have a spare $50"

I said, "a spare $50? Maybe start a little lower"

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
5F5C5366-D122-41E8-91F6-0C8784776C25.jpeg
AF008CE2-33D7-4F0E-926D-1EA96A3D3251.jpeg

reminds me of this episode lol..!!!

I’ve been asked for a spare $2 for a bus home buy some random, and was asked for $5 for an gave them it an they went straight to the alcohol shop hahah, pathetic really.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's a druggie a few blocks away from where we live, she stops cars in the middle of the road to ask for change. Literally stands in your way and if you let her come down the side of your car and you then drive off, she abuses the shit out of you and kicks out at your car. Which is no biggy as she's always barefoot. And no you wouldn't be tempted to ask her for a blowie, she has teeth like a rotary hoe. She's been arrested multiple times, but she's always back there.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Back in my uni days I used to get this Aboriginal lady who looked about 50 door knocking once or twice a week asking for money to buy milk for her baby. I told her every time to go to the salvation army with her baby and they'd sort out some formula and that I don't keep money in the house. I never saw this baby she allegedly had she always seemed drunk anyway. So I never felt a shred of guilt for failing to fund her substance abuse.

One of the fellows my stepdad went to school with was a professional begger according to my stepdad. There are actually some pretty involved scams that people will use to play on people's emotions and get money from them. His favourite was apparently that he needed money for a bus ticket to get to a family members funeral interstate.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
that the gif link I posted up the top of the thread lOL
Lol, was a little diff :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: and I just replied I didn’t click on it. Wasn’t trying to steal your thunder :tongueclosed::tongueclosed::tongueclosed:

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Heard its a literal job and they make 200 a day

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember this story from last year - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07...ional-beggars-part-of-a-global-trend/11283726

Melbourne's booming tourism industry is the likely reason "professional beggars" targeted the city, and other mainland capitals could also be infiltrated by similar groups, a senior criminologist has said.

Seven members of the alleged syndicate were arrested this week, with police saying the Chinese group were on tourist visas and had transferred Australian dollars into Chinese yuan.

This kind of crap really turns people off donating, I'm a case in point. I will no longer allow a charity to have my banking details for direct debits. I used to donate to 3 to 4 charities every month, but no longer. Try getting them to stop taking money. I had to send one a letter from a lawyer to get them to stop.

And the gall of some of them to ring me back and ask me to donate again because I'm a "valued and generous person...". Talk to the dial tone!

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

At least in v3gas the panhandlers try and offer some sort of entertainment to get a buck out of you. We have lazy panhandlers that just try the out "on my feet" card for a sympathy buck.. they gotta start dancing

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol, was a little diff :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: and I just replied I didn’t click on it. Wasn’t trying to steal your thunder :tongueclosed::tongueclosed::tongueclosed:
that's a classic episode ...

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
One of the best lol.!!
my other favourites are the you got served episode LOL and when randy fight all the drunk dads at the little league games.. gold.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
my other favourites are the you got served episode LOL and when randy fight all the drunk dads at the little league games.. gold.
And the episode.. they took our jobs :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: