CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mate the PS2 was around $750 when they first released in 2000
Really? That sounds absurd, no way my parents would've bought me that if it cost that much haha.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
800 bucks for a console, fuck me. I'll probably still pre-order it :tearsofjoy:
You and me both.

All I would need to hear is, "Last of Us 2 and God of War 2 look slightly better on this"

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Really? That sounds absurd, no way my parents would've bought me that if it cost that much haha.
Yep. It's true. Dropped price pretty quickly but it was ridiculously expensive.

And it was also technically a failure. It lost the console war to Xbox 'cause Xbox was cheaper.

There's statistics on it but every console that has been more expensive, has lost the console war.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yep. It's true. Dropped price pretty quickly but it was ridiculously expensive.

And it was also technically a failure. It lost the console war to Xbox 'cause Xbox was cheaper.

There's statistics on it but every console that has been more expensive, has lost the console war.
I remember going to my mates place and he had a jailbroken Xbox with like every game possible. I was fucking filthy when I got home that night and demanded an Xbox. What a **** I was hahaha.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I shit you not. I brought one at the midnight release. Think I forked out about $1,200 by the time I got a few games and a second controller. Pretty sure the games were $99 each. I was lucky that I had two part time jobs while in high school so I saved up for it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I shit you not. I brought one at the midnight release. Think I forked out about $1,200 by the time I got a few games and a second controller. Pretty sure the games were $99 each. I was lucky that I had two part time jobs while in high school so I saved up for it.
Fuck that haha

A

Alexander the Great

I had one of those. I had to drive to a dodgy joint I'm Cabramatta that were burning the games out the back for 10bucks. Happy fucking days
I remember going to my mates place and he had a jailbroken Xbox with like every game possible. I was fucking filthy when I got home that night and demanded an Xbox. What a **** I was hahaha.

A

Alexander the Great

Good game. I've been hooked since I downloaded it
New(ish) game on Android and iOS called Sega Heroes. It's like a connect 3 puzzle game where when you connect 3 colours, the character assigned to that colour attacks an opposing character. It's pretty fun, I'm at level 42 right now.

Great nostalgia with many awesome Sega characters across multiple platforms over the years return transforming your phone into a handheld console :D

View attachment 12984

^ Banner from their Reddit page: https://www.reddit.com/r/Sega_Heroes/

Official website: https://www.sega.com/games/segaheroes

Gameplay. Simply connect 3 then watch the animated attack/action :grinning:

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Good game. I've been hooked since I downloaded it
Good stuff bro. You'll notice it get hard when you start moving up in campaign mode and also the calendar events. They keep you hanging on though. Save your gems to buy the good chests - hot tip :grinning:

My main deck is Death Adder, Sonic, Shadow and Amy Rose. They all have farmable shards and are all free characters :D

Wahesh

Reaction score
Video game logic: make the video game look real life... and make real life look like a video game.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
So you can customize your Doom Slayer on Doom Eternal. I am looking forward to this game as well as the soundtrack. The last Doom game with it's industrial metal soundtrack was epic!!

Wahesh

Reaction score
I remember that. People camped outside The Games Wizards (lol remember them) for the midnight launch. November 2000... I was at Work Experience and remember discussing it vividly with the staff there that morning.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I remember that. People camped outside The Games Wizards (lol remember them) for the midnight launch. November 2000... I was at Work Experience and remember discussing it vividly with the staff there that morning.
I had to line up for about about 30-40 minutes at EB Games for the midnight launch at my local mall. Surprisingly there wasn't a massive crowd unlike other places.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I had to line up for about about 30-40 minutes at EB Games for the midnight launch at my local mall. Surprisingly there wasn't a massive crowd unlike other places.
Did everyone cheer when it hit midnight?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not that I remember but I was bored and half a sleep by the time the shop opened.
Ever since I found this photo I picture every sort of midnight release to look like this lol