Chris Smith Injury

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
This is one of the biggest reasons we are where we are. As soon as we limit our "honest toiler" type of players in our 17, the more we'll improve
You know it wasn't a choice ("honest toilers") don't you? It was, and is still being, forced on us by the Salary Cap issues which end this year. So we can then afford something better, but not in every position obviously.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You know it wasn't a choice ("honest toilers") don't you? It was, and is still being, forced on us by the Salary Cap issues which end this year. So we can then afford something better, but not in every position obviously.

Go Dogs
They have already re-signed C Smith, Jackson and signed up Britt for next year with a clear cap plus they offered Elliott a deal.

This would suggest to me Pay likes the toilers and its not a cap thing.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
This is one of the biggest reasons we are where we are. As soon as we limit our "honest toiler" type of players in our 17, the more we'll improve
Hopefully To'omaga starting in the trials is a sign of what's to come while Ogden also potentially grabs a bench spot. A fit RFM also offers plenty so I hope to see him back at some stage.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
They have already re-signed C Smith, Jackson and signed up Britt for next year with a clear cap plus they offered Elliott a deal.

I think every club with a salary cap likes honest toilers. In saying that I’d be happy if we had one or two less in the 17 next year

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think every club with a salary cap likes honest toilers. In saying that I’d be happy if we had one or two less in the 17 next year
That's the thing it's not such a big problem having them in the squad it's when you have too many in the 17.

The injury to Smith is bad for him and I hope he has a quick recovery but a silver lining to it is we might get to see a bit of a different player replace him.

Jackson, Elliott and Smith are just way to similar to each other to be in the same side for mine

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
That's the thing it's not such a big problem having them in the squad it's when you have too many in the 17.

The injury to Smith is bad for him and I hope he has a quick recovery but a silver lining to it is we might get to see a bit of a different player replace him.

Jackson, Elliott and Smith are just way to similar to each other to be in the same side for mine
Agreed. I’d like some bigger forwards who have skills but can also defend

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
looks like Montoya will get a start in the forwards, Deano will fit him in there somewhere

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Hence why we have the back row variety in CHN, Stimson and Britt. Then add in to the pack Napa, Ogden, RFM and To'omaga plus Thompson for next year. There's plenty of variety of builds, skills and playing styles in that 11 and as such it looks to be a very well balanced rotation to me.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hence why we have the back row variety in CHN, Stimson and Britt. Then add in to the pack Napa, Ogden, RFM and To'omaga plus Thompson for next year. There's plenty of variety of builds, skills and playing styles in that 11 and as such it looks to be a very well balanced rotation to me.

Go Dogs
Let’s see what players get used before jumping the gun and saying we have a mixed rotation.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed. I’d like some bigger forwards who have skills but can also defend
don't have to be be big necessarily ... a bit of foot work and a decent offload would do me .. Murray isn't a big forward but I rate him highly.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
don't have to be be big necessarily ... a bit of foot work and a decent offload would do me .. Murray isn't a big forward but I rate him highly.
He’s a top player. Just for balance I’d like someone big and mobile as Tolman, Jacko & Elliott are quite small

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Murray is an absolute gun but he defenitely needs stronger prop forwards to work off and be at his absolute best. Will be interesting to see how he goes on the edge this season.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He’s a top player. Just for balance I’d like someone big and mobile as Tolman, Jacko & Elliott are quite small
tolmans not big .. actually I think both Jackson and Elliot would be more built..

tolman may be taller, but that's it.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
tolmans not big .. actually I think both Jackson and Elliot would be more built..

tolman may be taller, but that's it.
I meant all the three of them are small (short) for forwards these days. All around 6 foot or 6’1” max

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I meant all the three of them are small (short) for forwards these days. All around 6 foot or 6’1” max
I think Jacko holds his own .. but the other 2 do get dominated a fair bit..

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I think Jacko holds his own .. but the other 2 do get dominated a fair bit..
He’s not as effective as he was but I agree he holds his own most of the time still

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Elliott has been offered a deal?
I haven’t heard?