Premium Member
Reaction score
No way in hell you risk DWZ on a trial

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
No way in hell you risk DWZ on a trial
If DWZ is TOTALLY cleared by the team medicos, then I would absolutely play him. Even if it is only for a half, otherwise we are going to have zero trials with our best players either playing out of position themselves and/or with their surrounding/support players not there.

Go Dogs

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah I agree if and only if DWZ is cleared then I would play him , at least one quarter to get back in the swing of things with his team.

Assuming the squad is named later today ?

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Elliot at his Grandfathers funeral yesterday Not travelling with team today but probably fly up later

Last edited:

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Can't wait to see how he goes this year. Big fan of his and looked like he's had a good off season
Might have a lot better of a year outside hoppa! More tries for him this year

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You would think Canberra would name a pretty strong squad with this being their only trial.

This will be a tough test against last years Grand Finalists whether it's a trial or not.. This game should give a better indication than last week of what shape the team is in heading into Round 1.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeah he is injured. I read it somewhere, but can't remember what the injury was.
Hamstring tear... I dunno what grade though, assume it's probably 3-5 weeks

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Our boy DWZ if cleared an happy to play he should play, I know it’s risky and would not want another injury and only if he feels confident of corse. even if just a quarter of per half, an see how he’s feeling.but with him in the team a win is very possible, game changer, brings confidence just being on the field with the boys, and the effort goes up a notch or two..!!

mans wakeham needs to be named to start of pay has an sense.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Our boy DWZ if cleared an happy to play should play, I know it’s risky and would not want another injury but he’s a machine and it won’t happen again (fingers crossed) but with him in the team a win is very possible, game changer, brings confidence just being on the field with the boys, and the effort goes up a notch or two..!!

mans wakeham needs to be named to start of pay has an sense.
It’s also important to form combinations which is one of the main reasons of trials so I hope he plays too if fit

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If what the club put out is actually what's wrong with DWZ I think he will get game time. His injury is essentially a bruise so its not like he could do anymore damage to it like a hammy tear or something.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs have named a 22-man squad for their match against the Canberra Raiders in Port Macquarie on Saturday February 29.

This weekend's trial match will be the clubs final hit out before their opening game of the 2020 NRL Premiership Season against the Parramatta Eels at Bankwest Stadium on Thursday March 12.

Captain Josh Jackson has been named and cleared to play after recovering from a broken nose. He will be joined by forward Adam Elliott in this weekend's line-up after picking up a minor leg injury from a training session a fortnight ago.

Outside back Christian Crichton will also feature in the Port Macquarie trial after overcoming a knee injury.

Corey Harawira-Naera and Dallin Watene-Zelezniak have both been included in the squad after featuring in last weekend's NRL All Stars fixture.

Watene-Zelezniak will be assessed before this Saturday's trial match against the Raiders.

Please note the starting 13 will be confirmed an hour before kick-off.

The Bulldogs head into this weekend's meeting with the a Raiders following a 30-18 victory over the Cronulla Sharks in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea.

The visit to Port Macquarie is part of a five-year partnership agreement with the Far North, with the Bulldogs creating a partnership with the area that will provide funding and coaching assistance.

2020 NRL Trial: Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs vs Canberra Raiders, 4:30pm, Saturday 29 February – Port Macquarie Regional Stadium, Port Macquarie

Tickets: General Admission Tickets available for purchase here.

Live-Stream: Available via Bulldogs.com.au or the Bulldogs App.

Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 22-man Squad
Adam Elliott, Aiden Tolman, Brandon Wakeham, Christian Crichton, Corey Hawira-Naera, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, Dean Britt, Dylan Napa, Isaiah Tass, Jack Cogger, Jake Averillo, Jayden Okunbor, Joe Stimson, Josh Jackson, Kerrod Holland, Lachlan Lewis, Morgan Harper, Ofahiki Ogden, Reimis Smith, Renouf To'omaga, Sione Katoa, Will Hopoate.

Players Unavailable Due to Injury
Chris Smith (Knee), Jeremy Marshall-King (Shoulder), Kieran Foran (Shoulder), Marcello Montoya (Knee), Nick Meaney (Hamstring), Raymond Faitala-Mariner (Ankle), Sauaso Sue (Knee).

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2020/02/25/jackson-returns-for-bulldogs-final-hit-out/

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Have a lot stronger line up this trial. We should go alright! I hope Meaney is fit for round 1!