[Match thread] Bulldogs 30 def Sharks 18

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You do know as a halfback Wakeham organises the spacing and positioning it's not something that magically happens plus on the last try Wakeham's pass creates the space.
Lmao

Go Dogs

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Way off the mark. The players that came into the game were the difference, not some sudden wake up call 60 minutes into the game.
I just think our regular first graders were there for a practice match while the young sharks were there to stake a claim for first grade. When our young blokes came on, our enthusiasm lifted for the same reason. I’m not taking much out of the game but I’m pissed our main guys didn’t play with more effort.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I just think our regular first graders were there for a practice match while the young sharks were there to stake a claim for first grade. When our young blokes came on, our enthusiasm lifted for the same reason. I’m not taking much out of the game but I’m pissed our main guys didn’t play with more effort.
Will be interesting to see what the trial against the raiders shows. A few more of the regular first graders will be back, also interested to see who starts as the halves. Hopefully the boys take this one a bit more seriously considering its the last hit out before the season. Also hope the raiders put up a decent side.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see what the trial against the raiders shows. A few more of the regular first graders will be back, also interested to see who starts as the halves. Hopefully the boys take this one a bit more seriously considering its the last hit out before the season. Also hope the raiders put up a decent side.
Probably going to be the same team named with CHN and possibly Jackson added. Hopefully To'omaga keeps his starting spot, this is a move I didn't think Pay would make but I'll be absolutely stoked if he's named there again and then again in round 1.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know it wont happen but i actually wouldn't mind this as our backline.

7-Wakeham
6-Hoppa
5-Remis
4-Harper
3-Averillo
2-Meaney
1-Dwz
A very fast backline but it would be a test for their defence..
Thoughts??

Reactions: GDR

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

7-Wakeham
6-Hoppa
5-Remis
4-Harper
3-Averillo
2-Meaney
1-Dwz
Thoughts??
That would have plenty of points in it for us and the opposition. It would be great in attack but in defence it would struggle.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

7-Wakeham
6-Hoppa
5-Remis
4-Harper
3-Averillo
2-Meaney
1-Dwz
Thoughts??
Not bad but clearing/long kicks would be non existent. Don’t think I’ve ever seen Hoppa kick, or organise.

I’m not prepared to write off Lewis after a bad trial game. I’d like to see him and Wakeham with the full strength side

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not bad but clearing/long kicks would be non existent. Don’t think I’ve ever seen Hoppa kick, or organise.

I’m not prepared to write off Lewis after a bad trial game. I’d like to see him and Wakeham with the full strength side
Yeah i haven't seen Hoppa kick before but he has great hands.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Elliots filled in at hooker before..
As has Tolman. I'd personally not rather have Elliott touch the ball more than he needs to...while on the other hand moving Tolman our of first receive could be a blessing lol. Either way our options and depth aren't great.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

7-Wakeham
6-Hoppa
5-Remis
4-Harper
3-Averillo
2-Meaney
1-Dwz
Thoughts??
It be happy with Wakham @ 7 and DWZ @ 1. Don't really care/mind about the other spots.

But wouldn't mind Harper in the centres either.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol...I've still been reading, just not posting.
Once the season starts my emotions will go nuts and I'll get drawn in again..lol
You can always stick to the Liverpool thread for the time being, not much to argue about there haha.