Quaden Bayles

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think the problem starts at the top for mine... what do we see every day? people in prominent positions, politicians, presidents, prime ministers and the likes acting like school bullies, people on TV and in movies being nasty and narcissistic.. people spend hours a day watching drama fuelled reality TV, and then everybody freaks out when we hear about kids being nasty.. unfortunately kids will always mimic what they are exposed to and giving this kid a bunch of money is not going to change anything
Pretty much all so-called "reality" TV is faker than Caitlin Jenner on Christmas anyway and serves no purpose whatsoever.

#banrealitytv

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I think the problem starts at the top for mine... what do we see every day? people in prominent positions, politicians, presidents, prime ministers and the likes acting like school bullies, people on TV and in movies being nasty and narcissistic.. people spend hours a day watching drama fuelled reality TV, and then everybody freaks out when we hear about kids being nasty.. unfortunately kids will always mimic what they are exposed to and giving this kid a bunch of money is not going to change anything
Disagree entirely.

Yes we should always aim to expect more from people who put themselves out as leaders.

However, biologically children are hard wired to pressure other kids and challenge other kids and sometimes this is displayed via bullying.

Of course there are different degrees of bullying, and IMO the very serious cases which end up in actual serious bodily harm are the direct product of parents who don't fulfill their responsibilities.

Also, the mother of this 9 year old kid has now exposed her kid to the world of social media and to the world at large. Does she really think this is a good thing for a 9 year old kid?

I think people should be asking far more questions of the mother than they are.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pretty much all so-called "reality" TV is faker than Caitlin Jenner on Christmas anyway and serves no purpose whatsoever.

#banrealitytv

makes me so angry that shit.. every time I see somebody watching it it's just people arguing or people bitching about other contestants... and then we get up in arms when kids act the same way because of what their parents exposed them to

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Disagree entirely.

Yes we should always aim to expect more from people who put themselves out as leaders.

However, biologically children are hard wired to pressure other kids and challenge other kids and sometimes this is displayed via bullying.

Of course there are different degrees of bullying, and IMO the very serious cases which end up in actual serious bodily harm are the direct product of parents who don't fulfill their responsibilities.

Also, the mother of this 9 year old kid has now exposed her kid to the world of social media and to the world at large. Does she really think this is a good thing for a 9 year old kid?

I think people should be asking far more questions of the mother than they are.

disagree all you like but go and spend 10 minutes on facebook and tell me that the over saturation of this stuff has not done a number on society... yeah sure kids are hard wired a certain way but I would certainly argue that they would be a lot less worse if they weren't exposed to the kinds of filth they are in the modern day

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised if the kid ends up with an even bigger target on his head now.

What is $1 million going to change in terms of the kid being bullied?

It's extremely creepy that the Mum decided to film him having a meltdown rather than comforting him. Although it's not surprising. These days many parents with young kids seem to spend most of their day trying to take photos and videos of their kids instead of actually spending time parenting them.
Yeah it's true there's a bigger target now, but at the same time he has a bigger supporter base. I can tell you right now, you wouldn't want to be the first bully caught giving the kid a bad time after all this.

End of the day I don't know what I'd have done in the same situation. All I know is if this has been an ongoing thing for years and years, you eventually run out of good ideas and get desperate.

I agree money means very little in resolving the issues here.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
disagree all you like but go and spend 10 minutes on facebook and tell me that the over saturation of this stuff has not done a number on society... yeah sure kids are hard wired a certain way but I would certainly argue that they would be a lot less worse if they weren't exposed to the kinds of filth they are in the modern day
Possibly.

I think it's questionable whether social media has resulted in more good or more bad for society. So I would agree with you if you are saying that social media has resulted in some negative outcomes for children (including the fact kids can be bullied outside of school hours via social media now).

However, my personal view is bullying has always happened and it will always continue to happen. The nature of it and medium (e.g. social media) has changed, however, kids have always been bullied.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah it's true there's a bigger target now, but at the same time he has a bigger supporter base. I can tell you right now, you wouldn't want to be the first bully caught giving the kid a bad time after all this.

End of the day I don't know what I'd have done in the same situation. All I know is if this has been an ongoing thing for years and years, you eventually run out of good ideas and get desperate.

Yeah I don't know the details of this particular situation. My theorietical ideas if I had a kid in the situation would be:

- Talk to my child after I'd heard about the first instance of bullying and ask them how they feel and how they will react if it happens again
- If it happens again I would contact the other kids parents (if possible) and attempt to resolve the situation with them
- If it still continues then I go to the school and make a formal report
- If the behaviour continued (and if it included violence) then I would document everything formally with pictures and statements see whether the police could step in

After that, the question is whether you would:

Tell your kid to defend himself with minimum level of violence (if possible)
Pull your kid out of the school and go elsewhere
Question yourself whether your kid was bringing the bullying on himself somehow

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I've never heard a 9 year old saying they want to kill themselves or come to suicide as a conclusion for anything... Seems really sus and off honestly
I've been working in mental health for a little while now, and it is actually horrifying to discover how many kids out there have attempted suicide. They aren't all from dysfunctional families either. First one I ever knew about first hand was 4 years ago, an 8 year tried to hang himself in his back yard, he was stopped just before he was about to make the attempt. The scary thing is that no one could identify where he got the information from to try and do that. Fact is his attempt would never have worked because of the materials he was going to use, but the basic concept was spot on.

Here is another fact. Between 2006 and 2016 the number of intentional self poisonings (in NSW and Victoria) by people aged between 5 and 19 doubled. In ten years they went up by 100%. Here is some of the research that reveals this.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I bully the bullies ever since i was in primary school, am I a bad guy or good guy?
Depends on why you do it. Fact is kids who get bullied are often targeted because they are unwilling/unable to fight back. On that basis, I would say it is legitimate (though not mandatory) for someone who DOES have the willingness and ability to fight back to step in. So if you do it to defend someone and give a bully a wake up call, seems fair enough. If you do it because beating on other people gives you an ego boost, then it probably isn't healthy for anyone, including you.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

I do my brother. I actually came close to something like this a few years ago. I went to pick up my nieces from after school care - year 4 and year 1. When I was driving back home, the older on said that these twins boys picked on them. One of them hit the elder one with a cricket bat and the other bounced a ball on the smaller ones head - for no apparent reason. I can tell you right now if I saw that myself those twins would've shat bricks if they saw me coming towards them. They're also lucky they left before I arrived.

10 years old... you know better than to do that.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
There should be a schools name and shame register. If your kid gets bullied and the school does nothing, post a review on it.
Sadly it would become ineffective because 90%+ of schools would end up on the list. That doesn't mean the problem doesn't need attention though.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I feel sorry for the kid but his mother is fucked. She is teaching him to hate, which is abhorrent parenting.

I am happy for him to go to Disneyland or whatever, but seriously everyone should be rallying to try and do something about bullying as a whole, not donating half a mil to one bullied kid.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I feel sorry for the kid but his mother is fucked. She is teaching him to hate, which is abhorrent parenting.

I am happy for him to go to Disneyland or whatever, but seriously everyone should be rallying to try and do something about bullying as a whole, not donating half a mil to one bullied kid.
Apparently, they're going to donate the leftover money not used from Disneyland to charity. This pretty much means they can go to Disneyland and spend the money on the best of everything and buy everything then give whatever's left to charity.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy people are standing up for this kid, but agree, as a whole, bullying needs to be addressed. Perhaps in school, kindergarten to year 10 every term they spend 1 lesson (45-60 mins) learning about it and what it does to people.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently, they're going to donate the leftover money not used from Disneyland to charity. This pretty much means they can go to Disneyland and spend the money on the best of everything and buy everything then give whatever's left to charity.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy people are standing up for this kid, but agree, as a whole, bullying needs to be addressed. Perhaps in school, kindergarten to year 10 every term they spend 1 lesson (45-60 mins) learning about it and what it does to people.
That is good if the donating thing is true. Hopefully it goes somewhere useful unlike the bushfires donations.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
FYI this kid has acting profiles online and his mum has been selling him around the TV talk show circuit for a while before this happened (confirmed).

There are also videos of him making racist rants against white kids.

The kid needs mental health guidance more than he needs a fkn trip to disneyland.

My personal opinion is that the kid is still 9 years old and he needs a parent who can actually guide him to a decent adult life. My impression of his Mum based on the above is skeptical.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I've been working in mental health for a little while now, and it is actually horrifying to discover how many kids out there have attempted suicide. They aren't all from dysfunctional families either. First one I ever knew about first hand was 4 years ago, an 8 year tried to hang himself in his back yard, he was stopped just before he was about to make the attempt. The scary thing is that no one could identify where he got the information from to try and do that. Fact is his attempt would never have worked because of the materials he was going to use, but the basic concept was spot on.

Here is another fact. Between 2006 and 2016 the number of intentional self poisonings (in NSW and Victoria) by people aged between 5 and 19 doubled. In ten years they went up by 100%. Here is some of the research that reveals this.
This.

Just because you haven't heard of it, doesn't mean it's not happening.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Cmon bro, No need to label what he may or may not look like, saying what you said he looks like just to get a few likes just puts you into the bully category! Which I’m hoping you’re not like that!
I'm not after any likes or bullying the kid, the fact of it is he looks like a mcnugget which isn't normal to children and they will make this known so what did his mother expect children weren't going to ask or saying things? Children have no self control as they aren't mature or educated in certain subjects like an adult or young adult would be.

My god an 8 year old trying to hang himself the fuck is this world coming too... When I was 8 years old I was eating cornflakes and riding my huffy bike to be honest

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ive read other parents saying that he bullies their kids. Or can’t you be a bully if you’re disabled? Like how blacks can’t be racist?
Reminds me of this guy;

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Any time I see a parent trying to make money off their kid (especially when the kid isn't even 10 years old yet), I am very skeptical about their intentions.

This case is no different.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Depends on why you do it. Fact is kids who get bullied are often targeted because they are unwilling/unable to fight back. On that basis, I would say it is legitimate (though not mandatory) for someone who DOES have the willingness and ability to fight back to step in. So if you do it to defend someone and give a bully a wake up call, seems fair enough. If you do it because beating on other people gives you an ego boost, then it probably isn't healthy for anyone, including you.
More of my soft heart fired me up to teach the bullies a lesson.

Never had an ego problem. No matter how skilled or gifted you are, there are millions who are more skilled and gifted. Just do your best.

Status
Not open for further replies.