Official Dean Pay says NRL is not doing enough to help clubs with salary cap relief

hotdogs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think all rep players should have an insurance garuantee from nrl with rep duties.
If they are injured at start of season then full cap relief is paid out less match fee but injured in SOO say,then whats paid out is average based on how many games are left against players salary less match fee.
This would he fair for all .
It also is a cost to club to provide rehab and support to these players so that would be on the club which would be fair as a duty of care .
Good to hear pay speak about this issue.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always try and keep any rebuttals to the subject at hand, rather than the poster. Apologies in this case as the stupidity of the posts defies logic.

Seriously, wake up guys, telling the NRL that a player was a “big part” is much smarter (ie; maximise the Cap relief) than saying he didn’t really feature in our NRL plans (ie; minimising the Cap relief).

FFS your predetermined bias against anything Pay says or does is just plain ridiculous. It taints almost every post you make, as a result nothing absolutely nothing can ever be a positive. Everything is seen through your eyes as being a negative and therefore always contributes to confirming your biases.

It taints your contribution to this forum because when your posts are read any valid opinions therein get lost in the biased negative vitriol that dominates your thinking and results in prejudged outcomes. I know it’s wasted effort but how about you try just a little bit to occasionally look at something positive as actually being positive based on it’s content, rather than tearing it down because of your biases against the person involved.

Go Dogs
Yeah a lot of users on here are like a woman on her periodic, up and down. It’s like your not even in a dogs forum, I don’t think some people can look outside the box and see things they only have tunnel vision .. pay is hated no matter what. Show some respect he inherited a basket case and yeh he defected to the eels but money talks. He’s a doggie and I support him, I don’t always agree with some things but I still cheer and support

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The nrl should not be playing these nothing games.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I always try and keep any rebuttals to the subject at hand, rather than the poster. Apologies in this case as the stupidity of the posts defies logic.

Seriously, wake up guys, telling the NRL that a player was a “big part” is much smarter (ie; maximise the Cap relief) than saying he didn’t really feature in our NRL plans (ie; minimising the Cap relief).

FFS your predetermined bias against anything Pay says or does is just plain ridiculous. It taints almost every post you make, as a result nothing absolutely nothing can ever be a positive. Everything is seen through your eyes as being a negative and therefore always contributes to confirming your biases.

It taints your contribution to this forum because when your posts are read any valid opinions therein get lost in the biased negative vitriol that dominates your thinking and results in prejudged outcomes. I know it’s wasted effort but how about you try just a little bit to occasionally look at something positive as actually being positive based on it’s content, rather than tearing it down because of your biases against the person involved.

Go Dogs
Here here. Well said.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
nrl is corrupt thats why !! It has the big successful clubs best interests first, just how it goes. All about money first. Hidden agendas etc.

gone are the days of equality lol.
Sounds surprisingly similar to our fucked up, corrupt government.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I wonder how much C Smith is on? I think we’d get the full relief of his contract there... glass half full but I mean there is an opportunity to maybe promote from within on a lower contract and add what’s left over to Forans relief plus whatever else we had available...

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who doesn’t want to replace the player?
Dean pay no point in whinging about getting concessions on the salary if there not actively going to get a replacement with the spare money Forans 350 and Chris Smith now should allow us to find a replacement player but they haven’t done fuck all .

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Dean pay no point in whinging about getting concessions on the salary if there not actively going to get a replacement with the spare money Forans 350 and Chris Smith now should allow us to find a replacement player but they haven’t done fuck all .
Are you sure about that?

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
if c smith is out for the season does that free up a spot in the roster or do you just get the salary cap adjustment ?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
if c smith is out for the season does that free up a spot in the roster or do you just get the salary cap adjustment ?
If granted compensation, you get the squad spot for the replacement player for as long as the injured player is out..

Then you'd have to release the replacement player when the injured player came back, or someone else to create a roster spot if you wanted to keep the replacement player..

Even then, you have to sign the replacement player in the same position as the injured player I think..

It's all very restrictive and is hard to take advantage of even if you are granted compensation.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just wonder what would happen if Latrell copped a long term injury.. the NRL would probably give Souths relief to the exact amount of his contract

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Rugby league
Was The Greatest Game of All
NRL
Now is The Greatest Shame of All

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If granted compensation, you get the squad spot for the replacement player for as long as the injured player is out..

Then you'd have to release the replacement player when the injured player came back, or someone else to create a roster spot if you wanted to keep the replacement player..

Even then, you have to sign the replacement player in the same position as the injured player I think..

It's all very restrictive and is hard to take advantage of even if you are granted compensation.
It is, essentially a club is almost certainly only going to be able to give a junior a top 30 spot, promote from within. They might get lucky and jag a decent first grader replacement, but that is unlikely.

All the more reason the NRL needs to come up with a player loan system. Guys like Harry Grant, who have a contract with a particular club, but are down the pecking order for their position at that club, should be able to be loaned out for half a season to a season, with a clause to call them back if the club they are contracted with gets injury problems of their own.

Instead what we are sometimes seeing is the absolute farce of players and agents pulling stunts to get their players an early release.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
It's unprofessional scheduling any "Rep" games before the season. Trial games is solely on the clubs head and that's ok. We are at a point now where the NRL's intentional ignorance to solve the scheduling issues of the last couple of decades must be looked at and solved. Most likely any and all rep games including origin must be after the season proper. Obviously injuries will still occur and will affect the next season but I see no other option. I said it after Foran and I say it even more after I have been proven further correct, Pay and Lynne must tell the NRL that no more players until they solve the issue!

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds surprisingly similar to our fucked up, corrupt government.
Nick politis seen in dressing sheds with greenberg, politis snd greenberg spotted having breakfast on a few occasions source Buzz rothfield...

just before Xmas greenberg , politis, Vladys (new boss/ex racing boss) all 3 having lunch in Bondi together ...

Greenberg says “roosters just manage the cap way better”
Bullshit **** they are corrupt like you, what’s the bet roosters sign Folau. And I’m not against him coming back I just know only 2 clubs could sign him and that’s Bronx and roosters . 2004 baby ! We beat those grubs

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nick politis seen in dressing sheds with greenberg, politis snd greenberg spotted having breakfast on a few occasions source Buzz rothfield...

just before Xmas greenberg , politis, Vladys (new boss/ex racing boss) all 3 having lunch in Bondi together ...

Greenberg says “roosters just manage the cap way better”
Bullshit **** they are corrupt like you, what’s the bet roosters sign Folau. And I’m not against him coming back I just know only 2 clubs could sign him and that’s Bronx and roosters . 2004 baby ! We beat those grubs
lol ok
so they organised all these illegal things in the view of the public

Todd: Hey Nick... remember our illegal venture together to rort the salary cap and allow you to win every week and year?
Nick: yes, of course
Todd: Lets discuss this, can I meet you in the dressing room as the channel 9 cameras beam us live around the nation?
Nick: Of course, yes.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It's unprofessional scheduling any "Rep" games before the season. Trial games is solely on the clubs head and that's ok. We are at a point now where the NRL's intentional ignorance to solve the scheduling issues of the last couple of decades must be looked at and solved. Most likely any and all rep games including origin must be after the season proper. Obviously injuries will still occur and will affect the next season but I see no other option. I said it after Foran and I say it even more after I have been proven further correct, Pay and Lynne must tell the NRL that no more players until they solve the issue!
I agree with your stance but we’d never sign a decent player again if we didn’t allow them to play rep footy. I hope the NRL have the sense to change the system

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I agree with your stance but we’d never sign a decent player again if we didn’t allow them to play rep footy. I hope the NRL have the sense to change the system
It's to force their hand. If the NRL has club's saying this it would force them to take the issue serious and sort it out.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol ok
so they organised all these illegal things in the view of the public

Todd: Hey Nick... remember our illegal venture together to rort the salary cap and allow you to win every week and year?
Nick: yes, of course
Todd: Lets discuss this, can I meet you in the dressing room as the channel 9 cameras beam us live around the nation?
Nick: Of course, yes.
No . I’m saying if they all friends then friends look after friends , how many other CEO’s or chairman’s catch up with the head of nrl! They rort the system , I’m sure majority on here agree how corrupt the nrl is let alone the infinity salary cap the roosters have