News World Club Challenge: Bulldogs fans’ chance to see $2m signing Luke Thompson against NRL opposition

Hristofas

Waterboy
Reaction score
Buzz? Don't know her. On another note anyone got a VL Commodore for sale

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really want Thompson to be the best prop in the world of course but we have to be realistic about the game this morning. Thompson's teammate created his try. All Thompson had to do was fall over the line from close range basically. Walmsley had to barge through about 3 players for his try. Taukeiaho make the line break for Keary's try. I'm unsure about JWH but I thought both Taukeiaho and Walmsley had better games than Thompson. There was a story a while ago remember that Andrew Hill was trying to sign both Thompson AND Walmsley. Walmsley is much bigger than Thompson but yes he'd be a little old at 30 in 2021 to be trying to crack it in the NRL. I wonder how much Taukeiaho re-signed for with the Chooks recently ?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting that the article quotes him at 95kg. I've seen that figure somewhere before too, but I've also seen him quoted at 106-108kg in a couple of places.
Yup, Looks a little bigger than 95kg too me..!!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Haha buzz is a dumb ****. Graeme Hughes would get into him for this dribble.
It’s a shame heaps has been axed from controversy corner despite it being his idea he pitched to foxtel. Hopefully someone else gives it to buzz the old tosser

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Interesting that the article quotes him at 95kg. I've seen that figure somewhere before too, but I've also seen him quoted at 106-108kg in a couple of places.
The link is dead so I can’t read it but he’s definitely closer to 110. Big boy

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
As I posted previously plenty of clubs have tried plenty of times over many years to get Walmsley here but he has knocked them all back, every time. In the NRL he could earn 3 or 4 times what he can get in the ESL, but plainly the money isn’t enough to get him to move. Maybe his family is more important or he knows he wouldn’t be able to handle the pace of NRL games particularly at his age, maybe he’s just plain happy playing in the ESL, where he is proven to be a quality player, who knows.

Thompson on the other hand is much younger, has a motor for many minutes and can definitely handle the pace of the game here and wants to test himself. Still he took some convincing to make the move because he too has been chased by many.

Go Dogs

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As I posted previously plenty of clubs have tried plenty of times over many years to get Walmsley here but he has knocked them all back, every time. In the NRL he could earn 3 or 4 times what he can get in the ESL, but plainly the money isn’t enough to get him to move. Maybe his family is more important or he knows he wouldn’t be able to handle the pace of NRL games particularly at his age, maybe he’s just plain happy playing in the ESL, where he is proven to be a quality player, who knows.

Thompson on the other hand is much younger, has a motor for many minutes and can definitely handle the pace of the game here and wants to test himself. Still he took some convincing to make the move because he too has been chased by many.

Go Dogs
Isn't he like 30 years old? Without a doubt from what I have heard he is a good player but at his age he wouldn't be a neccessary buy. We are better off using one of our juniors.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
LOWLIGHT

MONDAY BUZZ

We’re wondering if Canterbury have signed the wrong front-rower. Inexplicably, new signing Luke Thompson was named St Helens’ man of the match. He ran the footy for only 80m and was outplayed by Jared Waerea-Hargreaves and Siosiua Taukeiaho. The Saints’ best player was Thompson’s front-row partner Alex Walmsley. He ran for a game-high 170m.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It’s a shame heaps has been axed from controversy corner despite it being his idea he pitched to foxtel. Hopefully someone else gives it to buzz the old tosser
What Graeme was axed? He was the best on that show. Not worth watching now imo

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
on paper thompsons stats may not have looked as good as walmsley but his effort areas like kick chase, pressure on kickers and his runs were much better than him in my opinion. Noticed a fair few times he was the first player making the tackle on the fullback after last tackle which is pretty unheard of for a prop. different style of player but equally effective

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
What Graeme was axed? He was the best on that show. Not worth watching now imo
Yep, he’s gone mate. Apparently a budgetary decision by Fox. I won’t watch it anymore either

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yep, he’s gone mate. Apparently a budgetary decision by Fox. I won’t watch it anymore either
Agree. I can't see anyone shutting down Booz like Heaps did. The other panelists tend not to lean in that much either. If it's going to become a platform for Booz to spread his toxins definitely not worth the time.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fox has bigger issues then cutting Heaps to save a buck. They will be lucky to still be around by this time next year.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Fox has bigger issues then cutting Heaps to save a buck. They will be lucky to still be around by this time next year.
I haven’t heard much about it mate. Why is that?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I haven’t heard much about it mate. Why is that?
Their whole platform is struggling and they're bleeding money.

They're struggling to compete with Netflix etc for $12 a month when they charge $100 a month for Foxtel. That's why they created Kayo. To try and stop the bleeding. But I think it's inevitable they go under with how much money they're losing and how cheap the competition is.

If it weren't for the NRL, AFL and HBO programming, they would have been dead already.