The Kids and Newbies.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All got decent run tonight and they certainly didn't let us down..

At one stage Kalache, Roumanos, Wakeham and Topine were defending on the line together like it was finals footy... Future looking bright. Patience.

Kalache - Impressed.. Finally a cut above reggie players, Hopefully finally coming good?

Roumanos - Solid work horsing through the middle and was great as a duo with kalache up the middle, helped swing momentum.

Ogden - Pushing hard for a spot, looking massive this season.

RT - Break out season looming, bout effin time son!

Averillo - Kid will be a sure thing sooner rather than later. Kids a live wire and his short stint at FB fairly entertaining.

Tass - Strong runs, still yet to see X factor from the kid though solid hit out.

Harper - Decent tough centre, footy smarts and leadership values. Should get a decent run in 2020.

R.Smith - Took a while to settle at centre though can add something once his confident.

Doorey - Strong start to hopefully a long career at the club. Big bodied hard running and defending, good combo with Wakeham.

Topine - Needs time to fill in but this kid has tough and energy written all over him. Future Bulldog leader highly likely.

Tui Katoa - Handled the occasion well and didn't let down. If he can hold the ball and stay injury free he might get a run this season if the wing opens up.

Okunbor - Best game in blue and white. Keep it up and he'll put egg on plenty of our faces.

Simpson - Hardworking, sloppy but hardworking. Good goal kicking

S.Katoa - Yeah, definitely added something out of the ruck. Better than the Leech.

Britt - Continuing good form from 9's, looking a certain spot in the 17 with his versatility and consistency.

Odo - Will need time.

Wakeham - Directs better, creates more, lifts team.

Didi I miss anyone?

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You missed Stimson :tonguewink: .

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
*harper - KEEP
*wakeham - keep
*averillo - keep
*Tass - potential
*Katoa - see promise

above all standouts for mine, will wait an see how the rest go, as the year plays out, they all put in a good showing. but those 5 impressed.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Something always seems to happen when Harper is on the scene. I think the only reason he's not already a regular first grader is that he lacks a little bit in the power department, but I think he will force his way in
Averillo is a natural, he just moves so well and is a great finisher, he's destined for FG
Wakeham best on park when he came on (along with Renouf) and as I've harped on already, took the reins and helped guide us to victory
Katoa a big improvement on what we have had, it was actually noticeable that we had a hooker on the field for once.

The big take away from the game for me was that although this team can look scrappy a lot of the time with the ball, when we have at least one good half on the field, we look like an NRL squad

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Great summary KLil..

We have a tonne of talent coming through at the moment, especially in the forwards.

I think Renouf should be starting or if he's playing off the bench he should be playing 40 minutes every game. He's our most dangerous prop by far. I loved what Ogden showed last season and hope he isn't stuck in Reserves all season. He'd be in my 17 every week..

Averillo looks like a genuine talent. Wakeham looks ready to take over at halfback.. Harper deserves a start in Round 1 with Reimis back to the wing as Okunbur scares the shit out of me..

All of the other young forwards you mentioned hopefully have big seasons in the lower grades and some of them get an opportunity later in the season..

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I loved those PNG commentators they sounded like a couple of old lebos

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Great summary KLil..

We have a tonne of talent coming through at the moment, especially in the forwards.

I think Renouf should be starting or if he's playing off the bench he should be playing 40 minutes every game. He's our most dangerous prop by far. I loved what Ogden showed last season and hope he isn't stuck in Reserves all season. He'd be in my 17 every week..

Averillo looks like a genuine talent. Wakeham looks ready to take over at halfback.. Harper deserves a start in Round 1 with Reimis back to the wing as Okunbur scares the shit out of me..

All of the other young forwards you mentioned hopefully have big seasons in the lower grades and some of them get an opportunity later in the season..
Definitely agree 120% about the,wakeham,Harper and averillo and Okunbor bit..!!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

At one stage Kalache, Roumanos, Wakeham and Topine were defending on the line together like it was finals footy... Future looking bright. Patience.

Kalache - Impressed.. Finally a cut above reggie players, Hopefully finally coming good?

Roumanos - Solid work horsing through the middle and was great as a duo with kalache up the middle, helped swing momentum.

Averillo - Kid will be a sure thing sooner rather than later. Kids a live wire and his short stint at FB fairly entertaining.

Tass - Strong runs, still yet to see X factor from the kid though solid hit out.

Harper - Decent tough centre, footy smarts and leadership values. Should get a decent run in 2020.

R.Smith - Took a while to settle at centre though can add something once his confident.

Doorey - Strong start to hopefully a long career at the club. Big bodied hard running and defending, good combo with Wakeham.

Topine - Needs time to fill in but this kid has tough and energy written all over him. Future Bulldog leader highly likely.

Tui Katoa - Handled the occasion well and didn't let down. If he can hold the ball and stay injury free he might get a run this season if the wing opens up.

Okunbor - Best game in blue and white. Keep it up and he'll put egg on plenty of our faces.

S.Katoa - Yeah, definitely added something out of the ruck. Better than the Leech.

Britt - Continuing good form from 9's, looking a certain spot in the 17 with his versatility and consistency.

Odo - Will need time.

Didi I miss anyone?
Thanks for the update.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Odo - Will need time.

Didi I miss anyone?
Great summary mate. For mine, I really thought Averilo, Harper, Wakeham and To'omaga shone for us. Overall we were pretty rusty, but it was a good hit out for the whole squad, and I think all of our grades are going to have good seasons. Even fg.
We are getting back to the ways of old where we compete in every grade. This is a massive tick to the board, coach and club for making it happen.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought dooreys runs were very good he looks very promising

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any reason wakeham hasn't been extended yet ? seems a strange one to me given our lack of halves

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Any reason wakeham hasn't been extended yet ? seems a strange one to me given our lack of halves
If you were Wakeham would you sign with us right now?

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on what the club is offering and the level of external interest, neither of which I have any idea. I would like to see him extended and given a prolonged run in the top grade, he looks good to go.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I heard we were in talks of a lengthy extension with wakeham

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
If you were Wakeham would you sign with us right now?
Says he’s a fanatical Dogs supporter and doesn’t want to play for anyone else. So why not? You think he’s waiting for a confirmed spot in FG at 20 years old?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Says he’s a fanatical Dogs supporter and doesn’t want to play for anyone else. So why not? You think he’s waiting for a confirmed spot in FG at 20 years old?
Wakeham is a player right now and not a supporter, sure he might want to play for us but playing for your childhood club isn't always the dream some players think it's going to be.

Halfback is also a position that's in high demand and attracts stupid offers, doubt the advice he's receiving right now is to sign the rumoured contract on offer to him by us before a ball has been kicked and before he has been given a chance to string some games together.