[Match thread] Bulldogs 30 def Sharks 18

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Are you referring to me? I am not one of those fans and I don’t actually think there is any on here tbh
Not specifically but you're certainly very pro everything the club does (post Dib that is). There's certainly 3 or 4 on here that almost everyone could identify easily as fitting into that category.

I know you've said to me you're not a blind follower but I'd struggle to think of anything you haven't liked under Pay and the current board.

I don't particularly care about people being that way, as long as others can have their say (who are being reasonable).

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We will never see eye to eye on this one and I'm sure the discussion would go back and forth for a long time, but I just cbf..
For what it’s worth mate I am not waving the Hodgo and Grub flags and to be honest I never rated Hodgo as a gun. But to label two footballers with rep honours and 325 FG games between as shit is pretty poor.

Yes there is radical views on both sides of the team selection debate. But some of you blokes are kidding yourselves with the ferocity of your expert opinions after 80 mins of a trial game.

Seriously, old mate Sancho2020 must have been working on his material the entire off season, sweating on the 1st oppitunity to publicly stab his Lewis doll..

FMD... get a grip.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not specifically but you're certainly very pro everything the club does (post Dib that is). There's certainly 3 or 4 on here that almost everyone could identify easily as fitting into that category.

I know you've said to me you're not a blind follower but I'd struggle to think of anything you haven't liked under Pay and the current board.

I don't particularly care about people being that way, as long as others can have their say (who are being reasonable).
I think everyone is the same in the way once they set their mind a certain way they view and perceive things to fit their original opinion. A recent example of this was the knock on and penalties by Elliott and Chris Smith as opposed to CHN which was proven statistically wrong. If you don’t like someone you see all the worst in them. Most would know this in the workplace etc.

If you read my posts I’ve actually been critical of the board, coach, players & club staff. I am also very fortunate to see a lot behind the scenes, training & talking to people actually involved with the club. I think too many speculate after reading a few lines in the media or base their opinion on a rumour.

I don’t see a lot of constructive criticism and usually it’s an option that’s just not viable. Despite being told actual facts it’s just easier for people to say we are too pro club or have our heads in the sand. We are all entitled to our opinions and I respect yours mate

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
For what it’s worth mate I am not waving the Hodgo and Grub flags and to be honest I never rated Hodgo as a gun. But to label two footballers with rep honours and 325 FG games between as shit is pretty poor.

Yes there is radical views on both sides of the team selection debate. But some of you blokes are kidding yourselves with the ferocity of your expert opinions after 80 mins of a trial game.

Seriously, old mate Sancho2020 must have been working on his material the entire off season, sweating on the 1st oppitunity to publicly stab his Lewis doll..

FMD... get a grip.
Sancho (as well as 80% of the forum) labelled the signings of Britt and Katoa as pathetic and shit-canned them and the club for months about it until he actually had a glimpse of them in the 9s and Trial and all of a sudden changes his mind and decides they’re actually reasonable acquisitions. Blokes opinion should be taken with a grain of salt.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll give Pay until round 5, by then we should be able to gage where our year is heading, also trials I don't take seriously there trials, Pay will fix what needs fixing, and time will tell.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

FMD... get a grip.
I don't need to work on shit, these are the same deficiencies that have existed for years and I'm just on repeat. Don't know what's wrong with you guys to so strongly defend a bloke that is clearly not a halfback, guess you've gotten used to losing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Absolutely 100% spot on GDR.

You can be faithful to something without having blind faith.

I love the club and want what's best, that doesn't mean burying my head in the sand and not being critical about the board, coach or players. It doesn't make me less of a supporter than those who cheer for everything done.

If anything people that bring up constructive criticism want to see the club move ahead and be better, yes there's people that just whinge about everything, that's different.
That’s the point though mate - constructive. I don’t think anyone takes issue with that and asking questions etc is important. A lot of the posts from so called supporters are anything but constructive however - that’s the part that should improve...

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sancho (as well as 80% of the forum) labelled the signings of Britt and Katoa as pathetic and shit-canned them and the club for months about it until he actually had a glimpse of them in the 9s and Trial and all of a sudden changes his mind and decides they’re actually reasonable acquisitions. Blokes opinion should be taken with a grain of salt.
Similar to you "shit-canning" toomaga and wakeham... Stop with the hypocrisy man.. and you generalisation are over the top.. btw where did you get the 80% stat, I'm a mod and I don't even have that access..

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A recent example of this was the knock on and penalties by Elliott and Chris Smith as opposed to CHN which was proven statistically wrong
That was NEVER said. People accepted CHNs mistakes but at the least they weren't massive mistakes like Elliots (e.g darting out of the line CHB at least makes contact whereas Elliot misses completely)

And at the least CHN contributes POSITIVELY to our attack on a consistent basis.

Don't let your Elliot bias come to the surface

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I don't need to work on shit, these are the same deficiencies that have existed for years and I'm just on repeat. Don't know what's wrong with you guys to so strongly defend a bloke that is clearly not a halfback, guess you've gotten used to losing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
‘Years’ - referring to a player who has played a total of approx one season when you take into account FG debut, injury, relegation (yet apparently he’s a Pay pet :-)).

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Similar to you "shit-canning" toomaga and wakeham... Stop with the hypocrisy man.. and you generalisation are over the top.. btw where did you get the 80% stat, I'm a mod and I don't even have that access..
I’ll give the relevant threads a bump. You can see for yourself. It was an absolute carve up

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You almost got a like till you said this..
A lot of the posts from so called supporters are anything but constructive
I honestly believe that is factually incorrect.. some or a few definitely... Not "a lot"

Most people that disagree generally do so with context.. may not always be viable, but there's at least an attempt.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
‘Years’ - referring to a player who has played a total of approx one season when you take into account FG debut, injury, relegation (yet apparently he’s a Pay pet :-)).
So 20's and reserves doesn't count? Okay.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’ll give the relevant threads a bump. You can see for yourself. It was an absolute carve up
What is that going to achieve... Mind you Britt and katoa themselves have achieved nothing yet, so again I ask, what is your point?

Why don't you bump where you shit canned toomaga and wakeham

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
So 20's and reserves doesn't count? Okay.
I’ll have a look through some history and see if your claims can be backed up - interested to test your claim that you ‘don’t need to work on shit’.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
:tearsofjoy:You guys??? Every post of yours when referencing anyone different to your view is pigeon holed as part of a Lewis Love group or fan club.

You are kidding yourself Sancho2020, you are so mentally fucked up about 1 player that he is your focus as to why we are not premiers. You have been sweating on any opportunity to rant your crap..

Get some help bud

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
:tearsofjoy:You guys??? Every post of yours when referencing anyone different to your view is pigeon holed as part of a Lewis Love group or fan club.

You are kidding yourself Sancho2020, you are so mentally fucked up about 1 player that he is your focus as to why we are not premiers. You have been sweating on any opportunity to rant your crap..

Get some help bud
Yes you guys. Jerking yourselves silly over a bloke that is clearly not capable of playing that position. But for whatever reason you lot have decided he gets "time" to improve certain aspects and poor old Wakeham has to sit on the sideline and wait for someone to get injured before he gets a run despite it being crystal clear that he is by far the superior halfback.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
What is that going to achieve... Mind you Britt and katoa themselves have also achieved nothing yet, so again I ask what is your point.

Why don't you bump where you shit canned toomaga and wakeham
I think you’re missing the point I was getting at from my original post.

I was questioning the validity of someone’s opinion who can mercilessly bag a signing for months but then change their mind after about 30 mins of trial form.

Re: my thread. I never bagged the bloke. I called for calm around the calls for his promotion. I listed deficiencies that I currently see in his game and simply stated that Cogger was a better option. Not once was I slanderous like you see of others when assessing Lewis, Elliot etc. You’re welcome to review it for yourself. It was met with anger cos he’s the kennel pin up boy. Just like posters are met with anger if they say anything positive about Elliott, since he’s the kennel whipping boy.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
That was NEVER said. People accepted CHNs mistakes but at the least they weren't massive mistakes like Elliots (e.g darting out of the line CHB at least makes contact whereas Elliot misses completely)

And at the least CHN contributes POSITIVELY to our attack on a consistent basis.

Don't let your Elliot bias come to the surface
It was literally last week. Look it up. I have no bias towards any of our players

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think you’re missing the point I was getting at from my original post.

I was questioning the validity of someone’s opinion who can mercilessly bag a signing for months but then change their mind after about 30 mins of trial form.

Re: my thread. I never bagged the bloke. I called for calm around the calls for his promotion. I listed deficiencies that I currently see in his game and simply stated that Cogger was a better option. Not once was I slanderous like you see of others when assessing Lewis, Elliot etc. You’re welcome to review it for yourself. It was met with anger cos he’s the kennel pin up boy. Just like posters are met with anger if they say anything positive about Elliott, since he’s the kennel whipping boy.
Opinions make the forum tick... People need to embrace differing opinions ..

Yes people go off half cocked .. that generally happens when you are emotionally invested into something.. I don't agree with judgement of a player before evidence is presented, but that's other people's prerogative..

All I know is I've seen enough evidence from Lewis to know he is not going to provide anything other than defense to our team... Persistence with him will cost us dearly in the long run.. you can quote me on that..