[Match thread] Bulldogs 30 def Sharks 18

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
What about the To'omaga Jizz Train? If anything, with the way he's played since that thread you created, they need to run more services for the Jizz Train because he's come on leaps and bounds since then...

The point is, you have your favourite players and ones that you don't rate as highly just like anyone else.

You can be as negative towards certain players like To'omaga, Ogden, Wakeham etc as you can be supportive of Lewis, Cogger, Elliott etc. It goes both ways so in that respect, you're just as subjective as any other fan on here..
I’m more than happy to put my hand up if I’m proven wrong on anything. And if To’Omaga, Ogden and Wakeham can put together a full season of consistency and establish themselves then I’ll happily face the music.

Yet to date my unpopular information and opinion provided regarding both off and on field matters such as Holbrook, Thompson, JMK etc have proven spot on. I’m still waiting on vocal members who have been spectacularly proven wrong to put their hands up. Don’t mind if I provide an example;

28D999E5-C2F7-419E-8D82-296090D1A4F2.png

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m more than happy to put my hand up if I’m proven wrong on anything. And if To’Omaga, Ogden and Wakeham can put together a full season of consistency and establish themselves then I’ll happily face the music.

Yet to date my unpopular information and opinion provided regarding both off and on field matters such as Holbrook, Thompson, JMK etc have proven spot on. I’m still waiting on vocal members who have been spectacularly proven wrong to put their hands up. Don’t mind if I provide an example;

View attachment 13235
When have players who you support unwaveringly like Lewis or Elliott ever put together five games consistently at any level, let alone a whole season of FG?

You do realise you set a very high bar for young players like Ogden, Renouf and Wakeham etc yet a very low bar for Lewis, Cogger, Elliott, Tolman etc?

Unlike you I actually admit when I'm wrong and said as much as soon as it was announced that we signed Thompson. Check my comments in those threads announcing his signing.

My point is you attack certain players and favour others just like most people on here. You're not always right. Nor am I.

Just admit you're as biased as anyone else and play favourites like anyone else and are as irrational at times as anyone else. You're no worse or better than most on here. Nor am I. Everyone has to stop with this holier than thou bullshit and just talk footy instead.

Last edited:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah not really , one was busted, slow and uninspiring. The other was erratic unpolished and inconsistent.. the evidence of this is how their careers have panned out since.. great halves don't have careers like these 2.
JR played in 2 GF'S, for City, for NSW, and for Prime Ministers 13. 150 First grade games

TH played in 1 GF, for City, for NSW. 175 First grade games

Thats what shit halves look like?

Mate, regardless of your view of with our current halves and their performance in a trial, calling grub and Hodgo shit is a bit loose..

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
A lot of experts who have played for australia don’t agree with that opinion though mate
Take what the media and X footballers say with a grain of salt especially when the kids surname is Lewis.. I can guarantee they don't analyse the Bulldogs games as closely as the Bulldogs faithful do.. don't get me wrong, I appreciate and respect the optmistic/positive approach that you and a few others show, but Lewis really concerns me.. other than Lewis, I think we have a solid team that can really rattle some cages...

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Take what the media and X footballers say with a grain of salt especially when the kids surname is Lewis.. I can guarantee they don't analyse the Bulldogs games as closely as the Bulldogs faithful do.. don't get me wrong, I appreciate and respect the optmistic/positive approach that you and a few others show, but Lewis really concerns me.. other than Lewis, I think we have a solid team that can really rattle some cages...
I agree mate but bulldogs faithful is a big stretch in this place in recent times

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree mate but bulldogs faithful is a big stretch in this place in recent times
Don't confuse constructive criticism and band wagon supporters..

Granted not everything is constructive, but for the most part it is..

Yes there is a few morons that like to hastag idiotic slogans without adding anything constructive, but other than that, most people on here have the teams best interests at heart.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Yes there is a few morons that like to hastag idiotic slogans without adding anything constructive, but other than that, most people on here have the teams best interests at heart.
Fair enough. I must’ve read the wrong posts today, especially after the trial.
I’m looking forward to seeing a lot of support for the team come round 1 when the real season starts

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

Yes there is a few morons that like to hastag idiotic slogans without adding anything constructive, but other than that most people on here have the teams best interests at heart.
Absolutely 100% spot on GDR.

You can be faithful to something without having blind faith.

I love the club and want what's best, that doesn't mean burying my head in the sand and not being critical about the board, coach or players. It doesn't make me less of a supporter than those who cheer for everything done.

If anything people that bring up constructive criticism want to see the club move ahead and be better, yes there's people that just whinge about everything, that's different.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
JR played in 2 GF'S, for City, for NSW, and for Prime Ministers 13. 150 First grade games

TH played in 1 GF, for City, for NSW. 175 First grade games

Thats what shit halves look like?

Mate, regardless of your view of with our current halves and their performance in a trial, calling grub and Hodgo shit is a bit loose..
We will never see eye to eye on this one and I'm sure the discussion would go back and forth for a long time, but I just cbf..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You won’t get that out of him. I pressed him multiple times last year to reveal his bulletproof winning formula and it was met with crickets each time.
I bet your fingers twitching in anticipation of smashing that report button aye.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

100 fucking percent... agreed GDOG..!!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Absolutely 100% spot on GDR.

You can be faithful to something without having blind faith.

I love the club and want what's best, that doesn't mean burying my head in the sand and not being critical about the board, coach or players. It doesn't make me less of a supporter than those who cheer for everything done.

If anything people that bring up constructive criticism want to see the club move ahead and be better, yes there's people that just whinge about everything, that's different.
Are you referring to me? I am not one of those fans and I don’t actually think there is any on here tbh

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
When have players who you support unwaveringly like Lewis or Elliott ever put together five games consistently at any level, let alone a whole season of FG?

You do realise you set a very high bar for young players like Ogden, Renouf and Wakeham etc yet a very low bar for Lewis, Cogger, Elliott, Tolman etc?

My point is you attack certain players and favour others just like most people on here.
THIS ... Bravo..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Sancho

Why dont you name us your preferred side for round 1? For all to see
I think I would prefer something like this for the time being.

1. DWZ
2. Smith
3. Harper
4. Hoppa
5. Meaney
6. Cogger
7. Wakeham
8. To'omaga
9. Katoa
10. Napa
11. CHN
12. Jackson
13. Tolman

14. Britt
15. Ogden
16. Elliott (RFM when fit)
17. Whoever can cover hooker and unfortunately that looks to be Holland right now, but at least he offers cover for a lot of positions.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I think I would prefer something like this for the time being.

1. DWZ
2. Smith
3. Harper
4. Hoppa
5. Meaney
6. Cogger
7. Wakeham
8. To'omaga
9. Katoa
10. Napa
11. CHN
12. Jackson
13. Tolman

14. Britt
15. Ogden
16. Elliott (RFM when fit)
17. Whoever can cover hooker and unfortunately that looks to be Holland right now, but at least he offers cover for a lot of positions.
Holland should never be in the side ‍♂jmk will be utility if he isn’t starting

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Man oh man. And it still goes on .... from both sides.

Considering that our team has been working hard in the off season implementing a playing system according to what the coach wants, you'd expect the opening trial to reflect some of that system. The concern, which I believe is completely valid, that many have on here is that for the opening 60 min or so there didn't seem to be any system or distinct playing style amongst the team. In fact, there didn't seem like to be any improvement at all on last year's performance which is extremely worrying. What have they been doing in the pre-season when we can't even have a clear vision of how to play?

Criticism of Lewis is valid to the point that he played all last year, so there shouldn't be any 'settling in period' especially when he's apparently our #1 pick for the halves. The half should be the one steering the team around the park, so when he seems clueless the rest of the team do which many of us have pointed out with the change in team momentum when Wakeham took the pitch. People's concerns over this were only emphasised because Pay apparently told him he's the first pick before any trials which seems a little odd. So I do understand what people are talking about here.

That being said, it was only 1 trial game in PNG. It wasn't a good start by all accounts, but at the same time that's the point of playing trial games to get a little bit of match fitness and to dust the cobwebbs off a little bit. Those saying to hold off on the criticism largely I believe are simply pointing this out. Let's wait until after the Parra game to make a more informed evaluation of the team?

Largely I can see both sides in all of this and don't take a majority of comments as either being overly negative or positive but people just expressing their views. It just seems like sometimes people are so caught up in taking sides they can't see other people's views.

My 2 cents worth ....

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Man oh man. And it still goes on .... from both sides.

Considering that our team has been working hard in the off season implementing a playing system according to what the coach wants, you'd expect the opening trial to reflect some of that system. The concern, which I believe is completely valid, that many have on here is that for the opening 60 min or so there didn't seem to be any system or distinct playing style amongst the team. In fact, there didn't seem like to be any improvement at all on last year's performance which is extremely worrying. What have they been doing in the pre-season when we can't even have a clear vision of how to play?

Criticism of Lewis is valid to the point that he played all last year, so there shouldn't be any 'settling in period' especially when he's apparently our #1 pick for the halves. The half should be the one steering the team around the park, so when he seems clueless the rest of the team do which many of us have pointed out with the change in team momentum when Wakeham took the pitch. People's concerns over this were only emphasised because Pay apparently told him he's the first pick before any trials which seems a little odd. So I do understand what people are talking about here.

That being said, it was only 1 trial game in PNG. It wasn't a good start by all accounts, but at the same time that's the point of playing trial games to get a little bit of match fitness and to dust the cobwebbs off a little bit. Those saying to hold off on the criticism largely I believe are simply pointing this out. Let's wait until after the Parra game to make a more informed evaluation of the team?

Largely I can see both sides in all of this and don't take a majority of comments as either being overly negative or positive but people just expressing their views. It just seems like sometimes people are so caught up in taking sides they can't see other people's views.

My 2 cents worth ....
Whack! You just hit the nail on the head!