Opinion We need experience in the halves..

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we really need to use that 350k to sign up a Blake Greene type of player on a 1 year deal to partner our young halves and show them the way. I think we will win alot more games than lose if have some experience in the spine. We saw the impact Foran had on the team towards the backend of the year. Our halves are just not mature enough to lead our team this year. Lewis who is supposed to be our most experienced doesn't really offer anything and would probably play better around an experienced playmaker. I like Wakeham but he's just too inexperienced at this stage and it would be benefitial for him if he had an older head around him and not Lewis or Cogger.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think we really need to use that 350k to sign up a Blake Greene type of player on a 1 year deal to partner our young halves and show them the way. I think we will win alot more games than lose if have some experience in the spine. We saw the impact Foran had on the team towards the backend of the year. Our halves are just not mature enough to lead our team this year. Lewis who is supposed to be our most experienced doesn't really offer anything and would probably play better around an experienced playmaker. I like Wakeham but he's just too inexperienced at this stage and would it benefitial if he had an older head around him and not Lewis or Cogger.
I know people will jump on me here but I don’t really care as it’s my opinion, but it would have been nice to sign Nikorima before the warriors got their filthy hands on him. He’s an awesome little player.. would have been great for us in the halves.. and when I watch the games he plays, and he sets up tries with kicks or scores tries, I say his name really loud !!! and it sounds so good haha.

NIKORIMA.!!!! Rolls off the tongue nicely lol.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Unfortunately we’ve got 1 on the books but can’t get him on the paddock.

If the young blokes don’t go to the next level this year then I’m sure we’ll be in the market for an established half for 2021.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think we really need to use that 350k to sign up a Blake Greene type of player on a 1 year deal to partner our young halves and show them the way. I think we will win alot more games than lose if have some experience in the spine. We saw the impact Foran had on the team towards the backend of the year. Our halves are just not mature enough to lead our team this year. Lewis who is supposed to be our most experienced doesn't really offer anything and would probably play better around an experienced playmaker. I like Wakeham but he's just too inexperienced at this stage and it would be benefitial for him if he had an older head around him and not Lewis or Cogger.
Funny thing is Brodie Croft signed with the Broncos for $350k for the next two seasons. I think he would have fit in nicely partnering either Wakeham or even Lewis.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Wakeham and Cogger (both listed as off contract) are fighting for the right to wear the 7 for years to come, if one has to go hopefully Wakeham stays. Averillo should have a shot at 6 at some stage, but that's were we will likely need to recruit if he lands a starting role at centre or fullback instead.
I'm not to concerned about experience as the best targets there are already locked up in Munster and Keary... The only 'expirienced' 6 I'd take a punt on is Milford and thats only if we could get him cheap.
For the future though, id like us to target either Matt Burton or Jarome Luai from Penrith, whoever they dont start we should target, problem is they aren't off contract until the end of 2021.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wakeham and Cogger (both listed as off contract) are fighting for the right to wear the 7 for years to come. Averillo should have a shot at 6 at some stage, but that's were we will likely need to recruit if he lands a starting role at centre or fullback instead.
I'm not to concerned about experience as the best targets there are already locked up in Munster and Keary... The only 'expirienced' 6 I'd take a punt on is Milford and thats only if we could get him cheap.
For the future though, id like us to target either Matt Burton or Jarome Luai from Penrith, whoever they dont start we should target, problem is they aren't off contract until the end of 2021.
Luai yes!!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Luai yes!!
Hes got that raw talent man, just pure instinct! Something we have lacked for a long time. I feel that's the man Penrith will keep though.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hes got that raw talent man, just pure instinct! Something we have lacked for a long time. I feel that's the man Penrith will keep though.
Yup his style is awesome. We do have that in wakeham also too. As long as we can target someone to partner him, and hope we don’t lose him, we will be looking good in the future.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I know people will jump on me here but I don’t really care as it’s my opinion, but it would have been nice to sign Nikorima before the warriors got their filthy hands on him. He’s an awesome little player.. would have been great for us in the halves.. and when I watch the games he plays, and he sets up tries with kicks or scores tries, I say his name really loud !!! and it sounds so good haha.

NIKORIMA.!!!! Rolls off the tongue nicely lol.
Nikorima's proven his best position is 14/utility tho. I liked him before he joined the Warriors too but there hasn't been a difference between Broncos Nikorima and Warriors Nikorima. I don't think he's a player we need. I can see him being a massive headache.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yup his style is awesome. We do have that in wakeham also too. As long as we can target someone to partner him, and hope we don’t lose him, we will be looking good in the future.
Agree, that player could be Odo, but he's very raw and error prone ATM, but his time will come

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree, that player could be Odo, but he's very raw and error prone ATM, but his time will come
Also Harper needs To stay an don’t want to lose him to the warriors, he was born in Hamilton an It’s his home town and it’s also where I live an my home town as well, so it’s special having him in a doggies jersey! I may be a little byest , but of corse I’m going to be lol.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Also Harper needs To stay an don’t want to lose him to the warriors, he was born in Hamilton an It’s his home town and it’s also where I live an my home town as well, so it’s special having him in a doggies jersey! I may be a little byest , but of corse I’m going to be lol.
He was pretty good, he seems awkward to tackle and has abit of go in him. We are spoiled for centre options on the coming seasons with the young guys coming through, makes it hard with bloody Smith being moved. Couple that with JAC rumoured... We will have some quality backs not getting a run.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
187 are we really going to play that game?? I mean if you want to give me an x at everything I post feel free, but you will get the same back bud.!!!

x marks the spot after all :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Mighty_Matt

Waterboy
Reaction score
Wakeham and Cogger (both listed as off contract) are fighting for the right to wear the 7 for years to come, if one has to go hopefully Wakeham stays. Averillo should have a shot at 6 at some stage, but that's were we will likely need to recruit if he lands a starting role at centre or fullback instead.
A
Love the averillo call at 5/8... wakeham and averillo partnered each other in the halves for westfields and won the arrive alive cup

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
A

Love the averillo call at 5/8... wakeham and averillo partnered each other in the halves for westfields and won the arrive alive cup
I'm with just cutting our losses with Lewis and Cogger. It's impossible to see them taking the next step for mine (especially Lewis who hasn't found anything like his 2018 form).

Wakeham and Averilo should be encouraged and persevered with in fg.

Pay wanted to put 30-50 games into LewCog but it's just not happening. Another year of forward hitup plays and no halves direction or creativity would be depressing.

We can't stuff around for another year. Ask Shifty who he says has got the most potential and go full on with that.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wakeham has to be the 7 imo he is a much better organiser than Cogger... like what the hell was with that kick at the end of our first set after half time? even bonehead Lewis would have kicked it down town lol

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Funny thing is Brodie Croft signed with the Broncos for $350k for the next two seasons. I think he would have fit in nicely partnering either Wakeham or even Lewis.
I rate Croft.. Sure Storm let him go and people see him as afailure for that reason, but hes still young and theres plenty in his game to like, and the problem areas can easily be improved..

I really expect him to be a success at the Broncos.. His style will compliment Milfords game..

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our halfs will be our down fall this year unless who ever they play has a break out year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We need a halfback playing halfback, that would be a good start. But yh an established player throughout the spine would be nice.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I personally think that Cogger has a lot of upside as our organiser. He hopefully grows a bit more in confidence this year. Lewis didn't stand out in attack last year, but I'll support whoever is picked and hope they do well. Wakeham will get his chances too. It's a good time for the three of them to produce their best on every occasion.

There's always relative scarcity of talented and experienced halves, so it's not simple to recruit the occasional ones that come off contract. And if it winds up costing us a great future prospect it's a step backwards. Hopefully we see better things from those we have with Sherwin in the coaching staff.