Quaden Bayles

Status
Not open for further replies.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok I'm going there, now I'm not buying into the whole he is 18 thing or don't deny he was having a rough time. But is this the right way to deal with things and what bar is it setting?
Do the parents really have the kids best interest at heart or they can see an opportunity to cash in?
Something is not sitting right with his mother about me ,people love to be outraged on social media platforms and it's not hard to get them up in arms .the social media bleeding hearts love to display how much the care .Nearly a million dollars raised for " disneyland"
What example is this really setting ? Everyone cops a bit of bullying once in a while and back in the day 9 times out of 10 if you flogged the bully the problem was solved pretty quick, but the do gooders who do no good decided that this was not the right way.
Is crying on social media (with the possibility of a small fortune) really standing up for yourself?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yup I have been following this story, I thought someone would have made a post about it sooner being Aussie news. he also ran out with the boys in the all stars game too..!! I also don’t buy into the whole .. he’s 18 thing an has lots of cash etc, and apparently they have raised over $600k to take him to Disneyland and giving the rest to charity?!!

I do feel sorry for him if this is the case of corse, but again you have to wonder if it’s a money thing or if it’s genuine, it’s a hard one and I am in the fence about it, because there are so many opportunists, and if It is the money thing ? then you can’t blame him, mother would be using his short comings (no pun intended) to her advantage.

will keep following but yea, I have absolutely no idea either way. It’s a strange one alright

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve been suss on it from the outset.

The mother seems very hungry for attention and fame for him. Just have a look at the Instagram she runs for him. Also runs a StarNow profile.

Something about the video of him in distress doesn’t sit right with me either. For a start I have no idea what sort of parent thinks to pull out the camera phone to capture their child in that sort of state, let alone egg him on the whole time to release more anger and detail.

Just doesn’t sit right with me whatsoever. But well done to them, they’ve fooled the media and the majority of the public.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it's great people dontate to causes ,but are they donating from outrage? Do people donate where they can't get a "like" will be interesting to see in the next few months new stories popping up

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’ve been suss on it from the outset.

The mother seems very hungry for attention and fame for him. Just have a look at the Instagram she runs for him. Also runs a StarNow profile.

Something about the video of him in distress doesn’t sit right with me either. For a start I have no idea what sort of parent thinks to pull out the camera phone to capture their child in that sort of state, let alone egg him on the whole time to release more anger and detail.

Just doesn’t sit right with me whatsoever. But well done to them, they’ve fooled the media and the majority of the public.
100%
I'd also question a parent who is so concerned about this issues at hand to alough a kid under 10 to have social media

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's just the same as doing fundraising for a sick kid, people wouldn't be talking if he raised $8,000. Good for the kid and his family.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it's great people dontate to causes ,but are they donating from outrage? Do people donate where they can't get a "like" will be interesting to see in the next few months new stories popping up
I can understand raising a shit tonne of cash for somebody who can have a medical operation or something like that but I don't really know what money is going to solve in this situation.. I just hate how these celebrities always seem to pop up for these types of things when for the rest of their lives do not want a bar of the general public

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The whole age rumor thing has been shut down, so let's move on from that.

Regarding the mum recording him in that state, she obviously reached the end of what she feels she could do to the normal rules. School has been useless and she's been cornered into having no choice.

It's so easy for everyone on their armchairs with much easier lives to say what they'd do differently in this situation, but this is reality and this is what the mother did under pressure. She's made the right choice in my opinion.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Regarding the mum recording him in that state, she obviously reached the end of what she feels she could do to the normal rules. School has been useless and she's been cornered into having no choice.

It's so easy for everyone on their armchairs with much easier lives to say what they'd do differently in this situation, but this is reality and this is what the mother did under pressure. She's made the right choice in my opinion.
Agree raysie

And also lets remember the VITAL piece of information, she did not set up the go fund me. It was another celebrity with dwarfism who saw the video and set up the go fund me page.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Defiantly not 18.....
Poor kid got hammered a lot, but mum’s an attention seeker and has loved the attention
I feel for the kid, he just wants to be as normal as possible without the kids hanging shit on him
But me thinks mum is going to be his worst problem

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree raysie

And also lets remember the VITAL piece of information, she did not set up the go fund me. It was another celebrity with dwarfism who saw the video and set up the go fund me page.
I never said she so did set it up , these days some One will shit themselves and have a go fund me set up for them. And I'm pretty sure sure once that shit went viral a few thoughts crossed her mind.
My point is ,is this the future of things to comes when someone is down? And how many people will see it as an opportunity. It was seen with bush fires ,fake go fund me set ups for people cashing in
We are at a scary age where people are self obsessed .is anything being learnt? Is this the best example to teach children that if things are tough get your mother to post something on Facebook where they get the sympathy and reaction they want?
Is it the healthiest most effective way?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

The right choice for his mental health or financial gained?
If the kid was so wound up wouldn't you take him straight to the principles office and say this is getting sorted now? It was a environment that could be contained.instead she is exposing her kid in one of the most savage places that can exist ,the internet that shits there for ever .you don't think within the next 48 hrs there will be cruel memes made up about him countless fucked up comments that will be always there and he will find when he is older?
Did she honestly do the right thing?I may be missing something but I don't see it at all

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I never said she so did set it up , these days some One will shit themselves and have a go fund me set up for them. And I'm pretty sure sure once that shit went viral a few thoughts crossed her mind.
My point is ,is this the future of things to comes when someone is down? And how many people will see it as an opportunity. It was seen with bush fires ,fake go fund me set ups for people cashing in
We are at a scary age where people are self obsessed .is anything being learnt? Is this the best example to teach children that if things are tough get your mother to post something on Facebook where they get the sympathy and reaction they want?
Is it the healthiest most effective way?

She literally said she wanted to bring awareness to the community to stop bullying of her kid.

And yes for it to go viral is a good thing to bring awareness.

As far as the go fund me stuff, before the internet there was the starlight foundation to raise money to bring joys to either terminal kids or disabled kids. It's nothing new. No one is forcing people to donate they choose to do it.

As far as the money raised for this kid, at the very least it shows him that there are thousands of people who support him which goes a long way to negating the effects of bullying

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bullying is never ok.
I hate it.
Schools always side with the bully and never the victims.
So many kids become suicidal.

The school needs to be named and shamed

I doubt this boy will ever be bullied again after all this.

Good luck to them if they cash in.

The mother seems dodgy to me and some things I have seen show me this kid is being filled lies and hatred by people around him.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
She literally said she wanted to bring awareness to the community to stop bullying of her kid.

And yes for it to go viral is a good thing to bring awareness.

As far as the go fund me stuff, before the internet there was the starlight foundation to raise money to bring joys to either terminal kids or disabled kids. It's nothing new. No one is forcing people to donate they choose to do it.

As far as the money raised for this kid, at the very least it shows him that there are thousands of people who support him which goes a long way to negating the effects of bullying
A good thing you don't have kids do you? You think putting a kid on the internet to be exposed to millions more bullies is a good thing.
I've stated various times great things can happen when people rally together but is this the best way ?
And how many people will become opportunist?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think it's all above board from most but the NRL are definitely cashing in on it.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A good thing you don't have kids do you? You think putting a kid on the internet to be exposed to millions more bullies is a good thing.
I've stated various times great things can happen when people rally together but is this the best way ?
And how many people will become opportunist?
She was at her wits end man. She said she already tried everything else, including speaking with the school.

She's even been on tv about her son 4 years ago.

It was her last resort

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
She was at her wits end man. She said she already tried everything else, including speaking with the school.

She's even been on tv about her son 4 years ago.

It was her last resort
I can understand that .but time will tell .is a small financial gain was what her kid in now going to endure

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That money will stop the bullying and he won't have anymore suicidal thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.