[Match thread] Bulldogs 30 def Sharks 18

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m not twisting it nor am I suggesting he’s some sort of demigod. I just don’t get all the hate and the assumptions.
Hate and assumptions? That’s drawing a very long bow there. Given Lewis’ form last year and showing last night I think there would have to be some concerns if Pay already has him in the side. Given Lewis’ quote and the fact he started last night he’s in the team. Do you think there’s any doubt about Jacko, DWZ, CHN or Hoppa starting in round 1 becuase Pay hasn’t come out and said it?

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm seriously worried about our halves troubling full strength teams this year, Cogger/ Lewis combo looked clueless against a nsw cup team. Its gonna be really frustrating like the first 15 rounds of last year.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Probably his work ethic in defense but his attack can improve by reading the play and making decisions faster for some individual brilliance.
So fake reasons? Okay.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lewis is an example of a player living off his surname. Might have the odd good game here and there but certainly not consistent enough to be an NRL halfback.

Pay should have stuck with his original judgement when he told him to look elsewhere when he first arrived at the club.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think all this Lewis hate is taking the heat off of Cogger... I mean Lewis is a mess I won't deny that, but at least he has offered SOMETHING from time to time... Cogger has offered very little at all and doesn't really seem like he wants to take ownership of the team, where as a little Fijian bloke thrives on doing just that

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
That directly lead to two tries ? No just Lewis oh Holland missed one

Blows Lewis best defensive argument out of water
What about the other try,who you blaming for that? Harper or Okunbor?Agree with you that Lewis had a bad game defensively that’s a no brainer but he is a good defender and proved that last year,just ask Sam Burgess.
If you want to get rid of every player that misses tackles that lead to tries then we are going to run out of players very quickly.
We have coaches to rectify these problems and as a coach the buck stops there.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What about the other try,who you blaming for that? Harper or Okunbor?Agree with you that Lewis had a bad game defensively that’s a no brainer but he is a good defender and proved that last year,just ask Sam Burgess.
If you want to get rid of every player that misses tackles that lead to tries then we are going to run out of players very quickly.
We have coaches to rectify these problems and as a coach the buck stops there.
Lewis is shit halfback, end of. Blokes getting shredded because his fan club always talked up his amazing defence and that defence was a focus yet he missed two straightforward tackles that lead to tries. There's also a difference between tackling a forward and a more nimble half/back, wonder if a few clubs have copped on and will run a few more nimble blokes at him instead did trying to run over him with forwards. But like I said,shit halfback.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Didn’t think so. Good-o. I’ll reserve judgement until after next week. Planning to attend in person so should get a good look at the team then.
Go for it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I wonder if stats for this game will ever be available...NRL match centre hasn't updated :(