[Match thread] Bulldogs 30 def Sharks 18

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If your mate cogger is so much better, how come 1. Hasn't been resigned, 2.received no other offers from other nrl clubs or Super league clubs mind you 3. Not even when the swap was on with Melbourne and addo carr, bellamy wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.
Because he under contract... and Munster and Smith run the show there and Bellamy just wants a plain white bread half that will make his tackles and cause little disruption to his game plan. But nice try.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We all know he'll be conservative though mate. It's just the way it is .. unfortunately.

Is it concerning about different aspects of our game seemingly being off? Yes. But at the same time I really can't judge the team on a performance where the teams changed at half time, we were missing some key players etc etc.

Honest question. Had we flogged the Sharks by 40 and we were on fire, would you be confident against Parra in the opening game? I wouldn't. Honestly, trials for me are always about getting some fitness. Understand your concerns, and share them, but will wait for a few games at least before I start calling for blood.
I agree trial results aren't worth getting worked up over and no one should be calling for blood yet.. We have to see how the first month of the season goes first...

But to struggle so much initially against a Reserve Grade Cronulla team isn't ideal, especially when we played most of our top 30 excluding those at the All-Stars...

Those that were so flat and poor in the first half would want to rip in and atone next week against the Raiders whether it's a trial or not.

I think many people are still dubious about Pay's tactics and selections but I'll wait and see how they play in the opening rounds first before judging.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well.your right he is a speed hump, and cannot make his tackles
Because he under contract... and Munster and Smith run the show there and Bellamy just wants a plain white bread half that will make his tackles and cause little disruption to his game plan. But nice try.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Well.your right he is a speed hump, and cannot make his tackles
I'm talking about Lewis in my reply but yes I get what you are implying... And so far this pre season Cogger is currently a better defender than Lewis lol let that sink in for a minute

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cogger won't be resigned.

I'm talking about Lewis in my reply but yes I get what you are implying... And so far this pre season Cogger is currently a better defender than Lewis lol let that sink in for a minute

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Cogger won't be resigned.
Might not be and it doesn't change the fact that Lewis is a shit half... I don't think Cogger is the next Joey John's I just prefer him heaps over Lewis as you know he actually plays like a halfback.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No mate Gold Coast. Have something on this morning. Why did you tag me?
Because Pay has been massively exposed by gifting Lewis the halfback position when infact he has absolutely no business playing there.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Because Pay has been massively exposed by gifting Lewis the halfback position when infact he has absolutely no business playing there.
What does that have to do with me? We were watching some of the game on a laptop but didn’t see all.
Did he play really bad?

I don’t have time to read through everything but seems people whinged because we didn’t have two trials last year but it turns out some didn’t even know the purpose of a trial anyway.

By the way, Pay’s pet Smith was playing very well last night until he got injured wasn’t he

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
What does that have to do with me? We were watching some of the game on a laptop but didn’t see all.
Did he play really bad?

I don’t have time to read through everything but seems people whinged because we didn’t have two trials last year but it turns out some didn’t even know the purpose of a trial anyway.

By the way, Pay’s pet Smith was playing very well last night until he got injured wasn’t he
Was he that bad? Lol yes. Missed two simple one on one tackles that lead to tries yet all we've been hearing is that we've focused on defence and that Lewis is the greatest defender. Bloke is a horrendous halfback and Pay is a huge fraud for if Wakeham isn't in the 7 come round 1. Team was infinitely better once he was off the park.

Yh Smith looked good, but there were about a million interchange made in that match but I'd take him over the fat **** Stimson.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Was he that bad? Lol yes. Missed two simple one on one tackles that lead to tries yet all we've been hearing is that we've focused on defence and that Lewis is the greatest defender. Bloke is a horrendous halfback and Pay is a huge fraud for if Wakeham isn't in the 7 come round 1. Team was infinitely better once he was off the park.

Yh Smith looked good, but there were about a million interchange made in that match but I'd take him over the fat **** Stimson.
Fair enough. I’ll watch it back when I’m back home. So we won with a lot of our good players out and still played a lot of youngsters? Why is everyone crying?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fair enough. I’ll watch it back when I’m back home. So we won with a lot of our good players out and still played a lot of youngsters? Why is everyone crying?
Because Lewis has been gifted the halfback position and he's absolutely horrendous. Yes this is only a trial but all it did was highlight all his deficiencies in his game and if Pay still can't see who is better for the team at halfback then that's a major concern moving forward.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Against a Canterbury cup side.... and those kids shat all over ours.... plain as fkn day.... but its a trial. Fuck that excuse...
I don't care about winning or losing tonight, but from what i saw out there tonight, some players like Lewis are no where near fg material .

We looked like the Canterbury Cup team till the final 30... It's very obvious that our start to the season, and probably Dean's coaching career depend on which way he decides to go in the halves... it was two very different teams last night from first to second half

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It was weird though Moe, Dogs juniors shat all over them when they got the chemistry right in the final 3rd.
Exactly and if u watch again, the juniors threw away Pays playbook of 5 hitups and kick. These kids played Whats in front of them and carved Sharks up. Pays tactics have not changed 1 bit and that's our downfall as well.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Because Lewis has been gifted the halfback position and he's absolutely horrendous. Yes this is only a trial but all it did was highlight all his deficiencies in his game and if Pay still can't see who is better for the team at halfback then that's a major concern moving forward.
Obviously the coach and coaching staff don’t agree with your opinion but let’s see what happens. Trials are all about combinations and testing/fine tuning plays in a real game situation. I don’t know why everyone is blowing up but hey it’s the kennel

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Obviously the coach and coaching staff don’t agree with your opinion but let’s see what happens. Trials are all about combinations and testing/fine tuning plays in a real game situation. I don’t know why everyone is blowing up but hey it’s the kennel
Yh because Pay has HIS team he wants to select and he will start the season with them no matter what, just as I have been saying all along.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Because we are all getting a sense of deja vu.. starting the season with the wrong side.. I can't actually believe any thinks Lewis is a good half..