Opinion Brandon Wakeham vs Sharks Trial

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I totally agree with that as I loved watching Wakeham set up the structures and sus out the options. Lewis can hit runners but he can also fcuk up that ball royally. Needs a show and go the dickhead and I think the halves are good.
Yeah me too, Ive been critical of Lewis alot, but all he has to do is play a simple game at 6 like J.Sutton use to. Obviously he can't be as physical, but dig into the line and play short, grubber when it's on. If he does that I'll leave him alone for once lol

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Was the best of the halves but was only a trial against Sharks Reggie’s.
Well then what does that say about Lewis then? Considering a reserve grade sharks dominated him in attack and defence..

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well then what does that say about Lewis then? Considering a reserve grade sharks dominated him in attack and defence..
Not sold on the prince, he’s not for us..!!

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thread is about Wakeham not Lewis,that’s why I didn’t comment on Lewis.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sad thing for lewis is all he really has is his defence yet last night it was awful

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I would rather Lewis distribute the ball to Wakeham personally so Wakeham can pull the trigger which he did... Would hate to see Wakeham just giving the ball to Lewis to do the creating part.

Then again would like to see Wakeham direct and set up the attacking structures....

Did u catch Averillo get a stint at FB... Didn't go bad at all.
Lewis will just provide garbage service to Wakeham and it will hold back the side. He just isn't good enough and doesn't belong in the halves, the fact that Pay has declared him the halfback really show how fucking shit Pay is.

Yes Averillo looked suited to fullback, hopefully he plays the season there in ISP and gets an opportunity in the NRL at some stage.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Sad thing for lewis is all he really has is his defence yet last night it was awful
Lewis fan club: "he's better than Cogger as Jack can't tackle and Lachys attack will come. Then after last night's game when Lewis let's in 2 tries and does SFA in attack we get "oh it's only a trial". Given our start to the season last year and how we finished the season I hoped for a better showing from both starting halves... quite concerning

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Lewis will just provide garbage service to Wakeham and it will hold back the side. He just isn't good enough and doesn't belong in the halves, the fact that Pay has declared him the halfback really show how fucking shit Pay is.

Yes Averillo looked suited to fullback, hopefully he plays the season there in ISP and gets an opportunity in the NRL at some stage.
I hope there are some good coaches available for us if the change becomes absolutely necessary. Will give him the first 4 weeks to see if we regressed again after a good finish to the previous season

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I hope there are some good coaches available for us if the change becomes absolutely necessary. Will give him the first 4 weeks to see if we regressed again after a good finish to the previous season
Yh the whole Lewis debacle just kills me, pretty much wasted another preseason because Pay declared him the halfback ffs.

You watching the WCC? Hopefully Thompson has a good game because I'm not in a good mood hahaha

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think Lewis will be given countless opportunites by Pay and think it's more likely he drops Cogger to make way for Wakeham..

Either way, Wakeham should start round one..

On a side note, Tricky junior is just as dangerous as his old man was and looks like a great prospect. With how much Townsend and Johnson struggled last year and with SJ injured often, you'd think Trindall might get a chance this season.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yh the whole Lewis debacle just kills me, pretty much wasted another preseason because Pay declared him the halfback ffs.

You watching the WCC? Hopefully Thompson has a good game because I'm not in a good mood hahaha
Yeah watching man, Walmsley been quite good. Thompson just scored baby