DWZ update

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
‪Dallin Watene-Zelezniak hospitalised with back haematoma (via Courier Mail). If deep enough can be concerns for fracture/internal organ injury, hence hospital trip. If just haematoma (bruise) usually quick recovery (1-3 weeks, pain tolerance), fracture or organ injury more complex‬

NRL physio

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
‪Dallin Watene-Zelezniak hospitalised with back haematoma (via Courier Mail). If deep enough can be concerns for fracture/internal organ injury, hence hospital trip. If just haematoma (bruise) usually quick recovery (1-3 weeks, pain tolerance), fracture or organ injury more complex‬

NRL physio
Fucking rep game. Would have been safer playing with us against sharks.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Damn it! Hopefully he rests up well and gets all the treatment required before round 1.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ohh yum.. Called stress fracture when I saw it. Hopefully a fukn bruise FARK!

Hoppa at FB, Harper in.

Averillo will get extended game time at FB against the Raiders... kid looked good from the back tonight, livewire.

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't call that waste of time a rep game.

Hope it's all good for him.
Thats true. We cant not let our best players play rep. Thats how they improve and become bigger and better players. Injuries are just a part of the game.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Hopefully it’s just a bruise.
He did play strongly for the whole half after that try so could be a good sign. Put on some big hits and hard runs.
Fingers crossed!!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thats true. We cant not let our best players play rep. Thats how they improve and become bigger and better players. Injuries are just a part of the game.
Meh. Prefer he didn’t play all stars. it’s good to watch yes, but unless it’s Aussie v Kiwis or SOO I’m not that interested unless it’s the bulldogs, and again. Have it at the end of the year, not right before season start. But hey that’s just my two cents, and like you I’m entitled too it, no one is right or wrong here..!!!

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meh. Prefer he didn’t play all stars. it’s good to watch yes, but unless it’s Aussie v Kiwis or SOO I’m not that interested unless it’s the bulldogs, and again. Have it at the end of the year, not right before season start. But hey that’s just my two cents, and like you I’m entitled too it, no one is right or wrong here..!!!
Agree mate. End of year for rep footy except origin.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree mate. End of year for rep footy except origin.
It’s not that rep games don’t have their place, but the all stars game are more important to the png fans, that’s the majority, yes injury’s are apart of the game. But risking him for that particular rep game ?? Nah not the one.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
tough one, no room at the end of the year with the schedule at the moment and good luck trying to tell these blokes that they cant represent their heritage. Unfortunate but couldve happened in a trial game or even at training. Just luck i suppose

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Like I said, I wouldn't call this waste of time a rep game.

I know you're from Newcastle, but try to follow :p

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's negligent of the NRL to schedule these games before players are close to the level of fitness that they should have to play in an intense fixture. Other clubs have already copped some pretty serious injuries in the nines. I don't know if there are more players than Smith and DWZ potentially facing extended downtime as a result of this but it's really pissing me off that they schedule rep fixtures early in the preseason and deep into the off season. The off season is barely long enough for many players to have surgeries to fix niggling issues and the NRL insist on breaking it up with pointless revenue raisers on increasingly frequent occasions.

Chris Smith might not be that highly rated by many of our fans, but he would have played a part in our run this year and at worst is a decent depth player. From reports he was really playing well until injured. We already lost a key playmaker in a game that was scheduled after most players had wound down after the season. And there is the potential to be missing DWZ for an extended period too. Even if we're awarded financial compensation to replace those players that were injured, the list of off contract players we can approach to fill in are generally off contract because they're not really good enough to pick up contracts.

The fans need to have some power to vote for a change of leadership for the NRL because at the end of the day the vast majority of fans care less about these fixtures than they do any possible regular season game. At the end of the day we need leadership that cares more about providing a premiership competition that we can all enjoy rather than making a quick buck that often jeopardizes many clubs chances of being as competitive as they should.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's negligent of the NRL to schedule these games before players are close to the level of fitness that they should have to play in an intense fixture. Other clubs have already copped some pretty serious injuries in the nines. I don't know if there are more players than Smith and DWZ potentially facing extended downtime as a result of this but it's really pissing me off that they schedule rep fixtures early in the preseason and deep into the off season. The off season is barely long enough for many players to have surgeries to fix niggling issues and the NRL insist on breaking it up with pointless revenue raisers on increasingly frequent occasions.

Chris Smith might not be that highly rated by many of our fans, but he would have played a part in our run this year and at worst is a decent depth player. From reports he was really playing well until injured. We already lost a key playmaker in a game that was scheduled after most players had wound down after the season. And there is the potential to be missing DWZ for an extended period too. Even if we're awarded financial compensation to replace those players that were injured, the list of off contract players we can approach to fill in are generally off contract because they're not really good enough to pick up contracts.

The fans need to have some power to vote for a change of leadership for the NRL because at the end of the day the vast majority of fans care less about these fixtures than they do any possible regular season game. At the end of the day we need leadership that cares more about providing a premiership competition that we can all enjoy rather than making a quick buck that often jeopardizes many clubs chances of being as competitive as they should.
Well fucking said.!!!! Excuse the French ;)

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We have been fairly lucky with injuries over the last few years but we already have a decent injury list and the comp hasn’t even started. We are the last team that can afford to have too many out.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well fucking said.!!!! Excuse the French ;)
Thanks, and consider the French excused. God forbid I ever travel to France though. I imagine I'll be seen as a rude foreigner since the bulk of the french I know is swearing.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks, and consider the French excused. God forbid I ever travel to France though. I imagine I'll be seen as a rude foreigner since the bulk of the french I know is swearing.
Funny thing is I’m half French, mothers side.. French kiwi lol.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Funny thing is I’m half French, mothers side.. French kiwi lol.
One of my first relatives that migrated to Australia was french too. They was seven or so generations back though.