[Match thread] Bulldogs 30 def Sharks 18

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
Billy Brittain would cost fuck all and is on a train and trial contract, Smith would cost millions. So no you couldn't say that.
Well I did say it,apparently you can say whatever outlandish shit you like here as long as it's popular.
I take your point about not being able to sign Smith though.
WE would never be able to sign him.Clearly.
BUT...
We did sign a hooker.
Katoa.
We got fucked over by Appi Korosau.
And there are players capable of stepping up and helping out in that position for eg.Holland,Cogger and any numerous young kids if needed.
What more can the club do with little time,available players,and possibly cap space and spots available on the roster?
Remember your opinion on Brittain is only that,your opinion.God forbid,you might be wrong!
Doesn't make him worthwhile.
Dragons only signed him on a train and trial contract.
Can't be too good then.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Kennel,

I was unfortunately only able to catch the first 20 mins of the game. My apps saying the Dogs won 30-18, but after skimming over the game thread comments it’s lead me to believe that we got beaten by a cricket score. Can someone verify the final score for me?

Cheers lads

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well I did say it,apparently you can say whatever outlandish shit you like here as long as it's popular.
I take your point about not being able to sign Smith though.
WE would never be able to sign him.Clearly.
BUT...
We did sign a hooker.
Katoa.
We got fucked over by Appi Korosau.
And there are players capable of stepping up and helping out in that position for eg.Holland,Cogger and any numerous young kids if needed.
What more can the club do with little time,available players,and possibly cap space and spots available on the roster?
Remember your opinion on Brittain is only that,your opinion.God forbid,you might be wrong!
Doesn't make him worthwhile.
Dragons only signed him on a train and trial contract.
Can't be too good then.
They're not capable though.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol, 30-18 and you may have thought that it was a shocker because of all the negativity, but at the end we sorted our shit am started looking promising, there’s more hope than a lot believe..!!!

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snake your quiet but have a good eye for the Dogs and game, can you give us your round 1 FG 17 based on that trial please?
Haha I’m just another rugby league tragic like the rest of us. Love the game. I’ve changed my tune on a few selections of late. Right at this minute my 17 would be.

1. DWZ (not sold that FB is his best position) was he injured in All Stars ?
  2. Meaney (need the speed)
  3. Smith (needs more time at centre)
  4. Hoppa
  5. Oku (controversial one this. Horrible D but love watching him motor in open space)
  6. Cogger (control)
  7. Wakeman (instinct)
  8. Napa
  9. Katoa
  10. Toomonga
  11. CHN
  12. Jackson
  13. Toleman (more tackles, less runs)
  14. Britt
  15. Stimson (lucky to make it, but will improve with match fitness)
  16. Ogden (RFM when fit)
  17. Elliott (only just scrapes in to lead the team song) JMK comes in here when fit
  18. Th Man goes to young James Roumano

Harper extremely unlucky to miss out. First one picked if Smith or Oku mess up.

Alverio to ply his trade at fullback reggies.

Lewis really disappointing, I thought he was better then that.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Again so who replaces Katoa at hooker tonight?
Marshall-King?
Injured.
The Dude who played in the 9's?
Not good enough yet.
Your Choice?
Can also play 1-7;makes him perfect for a bench spot.Also was crucial in the sweep play which led to try down LHS.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
Okunbar came off his wing again! and let in a try...fuck him off!. To big and slow... Meaney has a much better defensive brain and is far more elusive...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Thanks Brady, seems legit.

What’s with all the tantrums in the game thread?
We struggled against basically the Sharks reserve team. I wasn't able to catch much of the second half but the boys were able to turn it around. The score doesn't really matter it's more about the individual and team performance. Always going to be positives and negatives to take away.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Again so who replaces Katoa at hooker tonight?
Marshall-King?
Injured.
The Dude who played in the 9's?
Not good enough yet.
Your Choice?
Brittain! That absolute gun of a journeyman with 2 games of first grade under his belt at the age of 25. How dare we not sign him!!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Okunbar came off his wing again! and let in a try...fuck him off!. To big and slow... Meaney has a much better defensive brain and is far more elusive...
That was on Harper he bit on the lead runner and either the ball carrier or winger was going to score regardless of what Okonbur did.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

well you didn't watch the game so you have no right to judge peoples opinion of the game and secondly the best 13 really struggled against a b grade sharks out fit.. wasn't till our "b graders" came on that we got the upper hand..

So yeah plenty of justification for the concerns..

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Hi Mr Lewis never misses a tackle guy

We played much better with Wakeham

Oh a Toomaga who you don’t rate saved us tonight

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mate, you say some really incisive stuff sometimes, but this isn't one of those times. Brittain is not the answer.
He isn't there to be the answer, he's there to be a stop gap solution for a season in a position where we have absolutely no depth.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
well you didn't watch the game so you have no right to judge peoples opinion of the game and secondly the best 13 really struggled against a b grade sharks out fit.. wasn't till our "b graders" came on that we got the upper hand..

So yeah plenty of justification for the concerns..
I’m looking for justification as to why there’s calls for the coach to be sacked and certain players cards marked as a result of a trial game, and a winning trial game at that