[Match thread] Bulldogs 30 def Sharks 18

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Renoufs game has really got me excited for what he can do this year. He could really be a massive difference maker in our pack. Granted he was playing sub par opponents but his fitness looked great. Playing the full 80 in those conditions and finishing strong is a very promising.
No argument he can play first grade, but he needed to get to a new level this season, and early days look promising.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah the bench make up and rotation when JMK and RFM are fit will be interesting. Pay absolutely needs to get it right this year.
Don’t know what Stimson would offer coming off the bench and I hope he’s not played as a starter just to justify his signing.
To'omaga, Ogden and RFM are the three forwards that can offer some genuine go forward, only so many Stimsons, Britts, Elliotts, Tolmans, Jackson's, Smiths etc you can fit in so hopefully Pay gets the balance right...I say hope but I don't see it happening lol

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Stimson shouldn't be anywhere near the side, looks so far off the pace. Not much to disagree with other than that
Real disappointing tbh, was looking forward to seeing him on the edge, but he looks real sloppy.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
1. DWZ
2. Meaney
3. Harper
4. Hoppa
5. Smith
6. Cogger
7. Wakeham
8. Tolman
9. Katoa (JMK on return)
10. Napa
11. CHN
12. Jackson
13. To'omaga

14. Stimson
15. Britt
16. Ogden
17. Averillo
I love Renouf at lock he won’t be as good as Taumalolo but he has potential to be that same type of player.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Plenty of negatives in that game, but let’s focus on the positives. Wakeman absolute natural. Katoa will be good off the bench when JMK comes back. Harpers effort on effort were great. Big papa looks fit to start the year and last mention goes to Kayne Kalachi. I like this bloke. Didn’t let anyone down playing decent minutes in the middle.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Geez i just noticed the odds for round one. We are the longest odds of any team round 1. $3.40 vs Eels. Might be very good value imo.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yh Harper looked miles better at centre than Smith, but that's really no suprise as Smith at centre was just never going to work. Smith just isn't elusive enough, much better at just attacking the space Infront of him and finishing off backline plays.

Wakeham and To'omaga are absolute no brainers, they can do what really no one else in the side can do...must picks.

What did you think of Averillo at fullback? Might be worth giving him the season there in ISP?
Yes - from what iv seen of him in Juniors he is more suited to a spine position - has energy n speed n fights a tackle. Not an organiser though!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Plenty of negatives in that game, but let’s focus on the positives. Wakeman absolute natural. Katoa will be good off the bench when JMK comes back. Harpers effort on effort were great. Big papa looks fit to start the year and last mention goes to Kayne Kalachi. I like this bloke. Didn’t let anyone down playing decent minutes in the middle.

I would start Katoa and have JMK off the bench just based on what we have seen so far... he actually looks like a hooker, not a guy being moulded into one

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought Britt looked real awkward playing on a edge in that first half but it might have been due to Lewis. He looked a lot more comfortable playing the in middle later in the game.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Stimson shouldn't be anywhere near the side, looks so far off the pace. Not much to disagree with other than that

man I reckon he has been enjoying the kebabs a little too much here... hopefully things change because he looked good coming off the bench in Melbourne

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Its either Stimson or Elliott...
I'd honestly take Elliott or even Smith..but really we need more punch. Stimson looks like a huge dud at this stage. Never really recovered from his injury and was rumoured to have training issue at the Storm..

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh Stimson looks underdone. Think he will be depth, cant see him starting the season in fg.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I thought Britt looked real awkward playing on a edge in that first half but it might have been due to Lewis. He looked a lot more comfortable playing the in middle later in the game.
totally agree on Britt.

looks better in the middle though Lewis as his half doesn't help him.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Stimson should be playing Cup this year.

Ogden, Toomaga, Napa all played well.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Geez i just noticed the odds for round one. We are the longest odds of any team round 1. $3.40 vs Eels. Might be very good value imo.
Save your money till you see a team sheet..

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'd honestly take Elliott or even Smith..but really we need more punch. Stimson looks like a huge dud at this stage. Never really recovered from his injury and was rumoured to have training issue at the Storm..
Not sure about his training performances.

I agree, we nred one more forward with alot of punch.

I know its 1 year away but im liking the mix in the forwards - Thompson to replace Tolman, Toomaga, Napa, CHN, Jackson and Ogden. Britt will be valuable but you cannot also have the likes of Elliott and C.Smith.

I know T.Frizell is off contract this year and is a forward who packs alot of punch - add him to the list for 2021 and thats one of the best packs in the comp