Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So fucked.. Not sure what can be done because obviously something like an AVO is essentially useless... I mean ultimately they should be either locked up, or have no access to the victim... how to achieve the latter is anybodies guess, especially when there are children involved!
Yes this is the hard thing about it.

Prior to him doing this, could prison be justified?

Will there ever be a solution :(

Abbott Govt, and Scomo his Treasurer, took 300 million out of the DV budget and probably the Qld Labor Govt has too.

Mandatory counselling, with anger management evaluations, should be immediately implemented for a start.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I know a few of you guys have had bad experiences yourselves and been badly done by and feel you haven't got justice in the courts. As a woman I have gained a lot from reading most of these views put here.

But could we have a sensible discussion of working towards a solution. No one believes torching your kids is justifiable.

If you are a brain dead macho woman hater, pls don't respond here. There's plenty of FB pages.

I'm in Qld. We are devastated with this news and it would be helpful if society could come together to find solutions. That's the priority.

There is more and more information coming out about this man and his aggressive behaviour and our police are under heavy critiscism for their prior knowledge of him and their lack of action against him. Now by saying they are keeping on open mind on why he did this, they are under attack from womens DV groups.

Does anyone have some constructive ideas going forward.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...mind-comment-on-of-hannah-clarke-and-children
Some of the responses have been shocking. The woman that won the Australian of the Year medal posted on twitter suggesting that we shouldn't judge the guy 'cause he may have been pushed too far...

I don't care how bad his life is. I don't care how far he was pushed. There is never any excuse for what he did. It pisses me off that there's people on social media that are actually defending him.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
My brother in law lives nearby. They are saying now its not the grandparents street but the next street over and he rammed her car to stop her. Those poor children, they would have been terrified.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I know a few of you guys have had bad experiences yourselves and been badly done by and feel you haven't got justice in the courts. As a woman I have gained a lot from reading most of these views put here.

But could we have a sensible discussion of working towards a solution. No one believes torching your kids is justifiable.

If you are a brain dead macho woman hater, pls don't respond here. There's plenty of FB pages.

I'm in Qld. We are devastated with this news and it would be helpful if society could come together to find solutions. That's the priority.

There is more and more information coming out about this man and his aggressive behaviour and our police are under heavy critiscism for their prior knowledge of him and their lack of action against him. Now by saying they are keeping on open mind on why he did this, they are under attack from womens DV groups.

Does anyone have some constructive ideas going forward.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...mind-comment-on-of-hannah-clarke-and-children
I'm going to put myself up for abuse wendog but the plain fact is that there needs to be a massive culture shift amongst men and the shitty parts of mens culture is very prevalent on this forum.

You can still be a strong man without being a possessive, stubborn, "i'm always right and fuck your justification " culture.

Men seriously need take a long hard fucking look at themselves. Because we do have a culture problem and admitting this is NOT sign of fucking weakness. It's (self reflection and admitting youre wrong) probably the greatest sign of strength any human can show

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm going to put myself up for abuse wendog but the plain fact is that there needs to be a massive culture shift amongst men and the shitty parts of mens culture is very prevalent on this forum.

You can still be a strong man without being a possessive, stubborn, "i'm always right and fuck your justification " culture.

Men seriously need take a long hard fucking look at themselves. Because we do have a culture problem and admitting this is NOT sign of fucking weakness. It's (self reflection and admitting youre wrong) probably the greatest sign of strength any human can show
I guess I'll be shot down in flames but it is very evident that, even on here, where our common interest is the love of our footy team, there are those that want to snipe and aggressively insult anyone for having a different view. Some insist, ad nauseam, on having the last say on topics and it doesn't matter the topic... dominating and seeking to straighten everyone else out.

This probably feeds into the mindset of aggression as others react or have their view dismissed.

Yet you only have to read the RUOK thread, and the fact that young men are so prone to suicide, to realise that many are struggling in our culture.

I once spoke of this in a pm to a member here and he said if you are a person likely to be affected by what is seen and said on social media, then you probably shouldn't be on it.

But how do you avoid social media and really why should you?

The aggression pent up behind the anonymous screen and keyboard should not be an excuse for the belittling and bullying but yet it is so prevelant.

It carries through to everyday life now.

Clearly something is not working, or has been lost, in our society.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
So fucked.. Not sure what can be done because obviously something like an AVO is essentially useless... I mean ultimately they should be either locked up, or have no access to the victim... how to achieve the latter is anybodies guess, especially when there are children involved!
AVO's don't mean anything if you're intent on, in this instance to kill your ex partner and the children. A piece of paper saying Mr Soandso can't go near Soandso isn't stopping a suicidal maniac with one thing on their mind.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
AVO's don't mean anything if you're intent on, in this instance to kill your ex partner and the children. A piece of paper saying Mr Soandso can't go near Soandso isn't stopping a suicidal maniac with one thing on their mind.
Can it be averted, or, what can be done in the early breakup of a partnership stage to try and prevent this.

Can these people be turned from being suicidal murderers?

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying this is the case here or making out victims, this bloke was a piece of shit. Nothing excuses him for what he did!!

@wendog33 I'm replying to this article you posted https://m.noosanews.com.au/news/real-reason-dad-killed-his-kids-in-car-fire/3949323/

But what I wanted to point out is, speaking from my own experience that parental alienation is a huge problem after couples have separated. It takes a mental and physical toll on you, it also doesn't help if your ex partner is also constantly adding to the situation. Now there are some ex partners out there that are terrible, who will sabotage and do what ever they can to make it hard for you to see your children (My ex falls in this category)

Now, in my situation my ex pretty much see's me, and treats me like all i am is a sperm donor, made my children call me by my name as she didn't want them calling me dad (she made them call her new partner dad) and made every little thing as hard as possible, wether that be access to the children or just trying to communicate about them. I would go months at times without seeing them, to now where it's been 3-4 years. I've asked many times could I talk to them by phone, asked for pictures, but she does nothing. It got to a point where I just had to give up because it was just killing me the whole situation. We tried mediation, but it was a fail because she could never make her mind up about things and kept changing it everytime it looked like we were in agreement.

Now, sorry if I rambled on a bit there I just wanted to give an idea of what my situation was and tell you how it mentally affects you dealing with parental alienation.

As I said, I'm just speaking in general and not saying that this is the case or has anything to do with this case. I'm speaking more about the honest fathers and mothers that are missing out through unfair situations.

I was given a good book by my counselor about parents separating and parental alienation. I have it in electronic form if you feel you would like to read it.

poisonparents.jpg

http://www.lulu.com/au/en/shop/grace-humphreys/poison-parents/ebook/product-11057857.html

Last edited:

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can it be averted, or, what can be done in the early breakup of a partnership stage to try and prevent this.

Can these people be turned from being suicidal murderers?
Honestly I have no idea what the answers could or should be. I don't know if you can change someone like that. There's mental health councilors that they could talk with, but I'm not sure if that would be enough to help.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I'm not saying this is the case here or making out victims, this bloke was a piece of shit.

@wendog33 I'm replying to this article you posted https://m.noosanews.com.au/news/real-reason-dad-killed-his-kids-in-car-fire/3949323/

But what I wanted to point out is, speaking from my own experience that parental alienation is a huge problem after couples have separated. It takes a mental and physical toll on you, it also doesn't help if your ex partner is also constantly adding to the situation. Now there are some ex partners out there that are terrible, who will sabotage and do what ever they can to make it hard for you to see your children (My ex falls in this category)

Now, in my situation my ex pretty much see's me, and treats me like all i am is a sperm donor, made my children call me by my name as she didn't want them calling me dad (she made them call her new partner dad) and made every little thing as hard as possible, wether that be access to the children or just trying to communicate about them. I would go months at times without seeing them, to now where it's been 3-4 years. I've asked many times could I talk to them by phone, asked for pictures, but she does nothing. It got to a point where I just had to give up because it was just killing me the whole situation. We tried mediation, but it was a fail because she could never make her mind up about things and kept changing it everytime it looked like we were in agreement.

Now, sorry if I rambled on a bit there I just wanted to give an idea of what my situation was and tell you how it mentally affects you dealing with parental alienation.

As I said, I'm just speaking in general and not saying that this is the case or has anything to do with this case. I'm speaking more about the honest fathers and mothers that are missing out through unfair situations.

I was given a good book by my counselor about parents separating and parental alienation. I have it in electronic form if you feel you would like to read it.

View attachment 13204

http://www.lulu.com/au/en/shop/grace-humphreys/poison-parents/ebook/product-11057857.html
Thanks for giving another side. It must be torture to deal with but I am proud of you for being able to keep your frustrations under control.

A lot can't and sadly, such as in cases like this one, it leads the general public to believe that men are the main problem.

It's so hard to find a good solution. Probably never will.

But Wahesh's idea of a location device etc, after a lot of mediation and counselling and anger management classes on both sides may be a start if there is any evidence of DV or threatening behaviour?

We do seem to need something more to be done than the current botched system.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for giving another side. It must be torture to deal with but I am proud of you for being able to keep your frustrations under control.

A lot can't and sadly, such as in cases like this one, it leads the general public to believe that men are the main problem.

It's so hard to find a good solution. Probably never will.

But Wahesh's idea of a location device etc, after a lot of mediation and counselling and anger management classes on both sides may be a start if there is any evidence of DV or threatening behaviour?

We do seem to need something more to be done than the current botched system.
I try my best to stay composed, though sometimes the frustration can get to you but I would just go have a session on my boxing bag to let it out. I also do mental exercises to keep my mind level. Bit of meditation at times. Sometimes you have to take that knee to keep inner peace with yourself and hope that down the track when the kids get older that you can reunite with them.

No matter how hard or bad the situation between my ex, my kids and I is, there is no way humanly possible that I could even fathom what this guy did, even if my ex is a complete bitch she doesn't deserve having her kids taken from her like that, or herself harmed. Sometimes life is shit to us but you just gotta roll with the punches and get on with things, with your own life.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I guess I'll be shot down in flames but it is very evident that, even on here, where our common interest is the love of our footy team, there are those that want to snipe and aggressively insult anyone for having a different view. Some insist, ad nauseam, on having the last say on topics and it doesn't matter the topic... dominating and seeking to straighten everyone else out.

This probably feeds into the mindset of aggression as others react or have their view dismissed.

Yet you only have to read the RUOK thread, and the fact that young men are so prone to suicide, to realise that many are struggling in our culture.

I once spoke of this in a pm to a member here and he said if you are a person likely to be affected by what is seen and said on social media, then you probably shouldn't be on it.

But how do you avoid social media and really why should you?

The aggression pent up behind the anonymous screen and keyboard should not be an excuse for the belittling and bullying but yet it is so prevelant.

It carries through to everyday life now.

Clearly something is not working, or has been lost, in our society.

not disagreeing with what you guys are saying but you only see it here amongst men here because let's be honest, TK is a sausage fest.. but you could say the same about both men and women online.. you only need to jump onto a Facebook comment thread to see that... but I've dealt with types of characters we were initially discussing in this thread and they are a total different kettle of fish and when we start talking about it like every second man has a problem that's where the issue starts because we're shifting focus.. there are very few scumbags that would do the type of thing that we are discussing regardless of how one might or might not be 'pushed' and they need to be focused on and dealt with

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
not disagreeing with what you guys are saying but you only see it here amongst men here because let's be honest, TK is a sausage fest.. but you could say the same about both men and women online.. you only need to jump onto a Facebook comment thread to see that... but I've dealt with types of characters we were initially discussing in this thread and they are a total different kettle of fish and when we start talking about it like every second man has a problem that's where the issue starts because we're shifting focus.. there are very few scumbags that would do the type of thing that we are discussing regardless of how one might or might not be 'pushed' and they need to be focused on and dealt with
It's good to feel comforted in the knowledge that most of you blokes aren't even remotely in this category.

For those that are, we need to find some answers. Even at least for their children, it would be ideal to find some answers.

They are now saying this aggressive and disrespectful behaviour is ideally best called out asap it happens ... just wondering in your thoughts on this guys?

Our club is at the forefront of community.

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/community/programs/

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's good to feel comforted in the knowledge that most of you blokes aren't even remotely in this category.

For those that are, we need to find some answers. Even at least for their children, it would be ideal to find some answers.

They are now saying this aggressive and disrespectful behaviour is ideally best called out asap it happens ... just wondering in your thoughts on this guys?

Our club is at the forefront of community.

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/community/programs/

for sure we need to call each other out on aggressive and disrespectful behaviour.. I'll be the first to admit that I can go overboard.

One thing I think that can be helpful I think in regards to a situation like this one is removing stigmas about authority... like ''all cops are bastards'' and if we talk to them, they won't do anything about it... all that sorta stuff... I understand there was police involved in this case but I think they may have only been talking to one or two people, and may not have had the complete story... by all means am I not finger pointing... I've been in a similar situation myself where I didn't speak up, thankfully it never amounted to anything like this

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not saying this to be callous. But there are just some people in the world that are psychos and this kind of situation will occasionally occur. A few years back a dad killed his son with a cricket bat after a break up then committed suicide by cop.

If I had to suggest a solution it would be that mandatory counseling take place whenever a break up is not amicable and kids are involved. Especially in cases if domestic violence is reported. However that might require some pretty serious funding and isn't likely to happen.

Sadly though you can never predict when someone is going to do something like this and governments tend to measure up the financial factor in comparison to the loss of a family every few years. Even if there's a pretty loud protest movement it's unlikely that a solution will be implemented if the cost is high.