News World Club Challenge: Bulldogs fans’ chance to see $2m signing Luke Thompson against NRL opposition

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His price seems to go up every article written lol. These journos obviously have nfi.

If it were the Roosters however, he would be reported to be signed for 400K and then would free 800K from their salary cap when he leaves.
Spot on.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Old Buzz must have hit the piss hard when he wrote this. The headline says we paid $2 million then he says we paid $850k a year. I guess being over half a million out isn’t too bad for beetroot head.
He's a Murdoch journalist. Since when did truth matter to the Telegraph?

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
2m over three years is just over 650k a year (666*k). I think Buzz (?) has used 2m as it looks better to write/read than 2.55m (850k/year). Regardless what number it is it's massive money for someone unproven (more than the majority of the top prop's in the NRL if we're going off what they're rumoured to be on too). We just have to hope it somewhat works out (I think it's very unlikely we'll get the whole 650k-850k value out of him).

If we want to meme Des the contract would look something like this:
Year 1: 700k
Year 2: 900k
Year 3: 1m
We paid napa 650 this kid is meant to be twice the player napa is, for 800k is cheap lol. Bullfrog would build a team starting with the fowards. We are building towards something and the front row is the starting point.

Last edited:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Some of the reported $850k if true is probably Third party. $700k on the cap $100-150k third party.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's a try scoring machine! Hopefully he ends up dominating against the Rorters and can silence the haters who question his credentials because it's "only in Super League"..

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leading the kick chase too, he’s quick

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Meanwhile I'm watching Bella The Princess Knight with my daughter.. This is what happens when a three and a half year old runs your household and has control over the remote!

Keep up the updates fellas!

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rorters up 8-6. Flanagan needs more kicking practice, hit the woodwork twice

Thompson makes 10m or so then a quick ptb...we’ve lacked that

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thompson back on, good carry out of saints own end when they were finding it a bit hard. Runs hard and fast onto the ball and makes decent meters and seems to have a very fast play the ball. Saints went down to the roosters tryline next play. Looking good

Malla

Reaction score
He's a try scoring machine! Hopefully he ends up dominating against the Rorters and can silence the haters who question his credentials because it's "only in Super League"..
He scores a lot of tries because he’s always pushing up through the middle. Have watched him close today and he does it every set of six.
Hits the ball up with no accord for human life. Between him and DWZ we prob have the hardest runners in the comp

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just turned it on it’s way too early in the morning to see Trent Robinson’s head. He hit every branch of the ugly tree when he was born.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He scores a lot of tries because he’s always pushing up through the middle. Have watched him close today and he does it every set of six.
Hits the ball up with no accord for human life. Between him and DWZ we prob have the hardest runners in the comp
Support play is one area we've been lacking in for years, even dating back to Des. All it takes is one or two players to lead by example and push up constantly and it becomes contagious.. It showed after signing DWZ. Once he arrived all of a sudden everyone was backing each other up.

It's a good sign from Thompson as a prop though that he has such a high work rate, great fitness levels and best of all, a huge desire to push up when most other forwards would be buggered and catching their breath in back play..

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I just turned it on it’s way too early in the morning to see Trent Robinson’s head. He hit every branch of the ugly tree when he was born.
There should be a warning before they cut to a shot of him..

"Please be advised that some people may find the following images disturbing and confronting"..