Soccer The Liverpool FC Super Thread

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yh but apparently his average out wide, not that it should be an issue with us considering how we just Mo and Mane. Just heard reports that his poor with dribbling at players, but if Klopp wants him I'm sure she will work it out
I'm definitely no expert on him mate so can't comment. However, he's got a number of assists this year already and has apparently been drifting wide a fair bit. Know the game I watched him he was playing more out right.

Think our front 3 are quite fluid so there's so real set position anyway. Would be interesting seeing his stats in more detail though as I really don't know the player well enough to comment.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Todd Cantwell to Liverpool apparently? From left field, but I think we're past the stage of doubting our transfer activity. If they think he's the right man then who am I to argue. Guess one could question the need with Curtis Jones coming through but ...

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Gomez, Van Dijk, Robertson, Henderson, Fabinho, Wijnaldum, Salah, Mane, Firmino. Strong team that. First time they've all played together this year, I read somewhere?

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Really looking forward to this game as will be a good judge of where we're at. Coasting in the EPL. Want to see us truly test ourselves. Big game.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well done Athletico. Played their usual grubby game, ref was a **** but it is what it is. We'll turn it around the second leg but wasn't good from us.

Strange taking Salah off and replacing him with Ox. Would've gone Minamino myself, and probably would've put Keita on for Hendo personally. Hendo wasn't great.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Just watched it now. Average performance, shitty ref, weird subs and lol at the diving.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just watched it now. Average performance, shitty ref, weird subs and lol at the diving.
Think we'll be fine though one never knows in footy.

Subs were weird without a doubt. Think SImone gave Klopp a little bit of a lesson there, though their goal was lucky as hell & definitely don't think 1-0 is anywhere near enough for them.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Well done Athletico. Played their usual grubby game, ref was a **** but it is what it is. We'll turn it around the second leg but wasn't good from us.

Strange taking Salah off and replacing him with Ox. Would've gone Minamino myself, and probably would've put Keita on for Hendo personally. Hendo wasn't great.
Ox has been pretty damn good up front this year when he’s been given the chance you must admit that mate!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Henderson out with hamstring injury for 3 weeks

This will test your who will be missed most @Slovenia Steve
Haha hopefully it won't and he won't be missed! Think we should be OK without him in the EPL but against Athletico I think we defo need him. Imagine Milner will come into his position?

I wouldn't say Hendo would be missed most though. VVD - Allison - Firmino - Hendo (if one of Salah + Mane are still playing)

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ox has been pretty damn good up front this year when he’s been given the chance you must admit that mate!
I don't know mate? Do you mean out wide? Either way I've never felt he's been great there and his best position is driving through midfield. Think the goals he's scored from outside of the box have been when he's in the advanced midfield position but can be and most likely am wrong!

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Keep dreaming ****, he will be at either Chelsea or Man U! More than likely Chelsea cos Man U cant score a root atm even with a pocket full of 500 pounds lol
@Sancho2020 was calling him to Chelsea some time ago mate. Agree with you both though. His prefered destination would be Anfield, but there's no way we'll be signing him for 100m+ No chance in hell imo. We'll see soon enough.

Werner has a release clause apparently that needs to be activated by April so if ... when we activate that then I guess we can put the Sancho calls to bed?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Keep dreaming ****, he will be at either Chelsea or Man U! More than likely Chelsea cos Man U cant score a root atm even with a pocket full of 500 pounds lol
Yh Chelsea is the most likely destination and has been for a while imo, we won't throw that sort of coin at him unless one of Mane or Mo leave. Still want him though..lol

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Think we'll be fine though one never knows in footy.

Subs were weird without a doubt. Think SImone gave Klopp a little bit of a lesson there, though their goal was lucky as hell & definitely don't think 1-0 is anywhere near enough for them.
As long as we don't concede early again in the 2nd leg then I think we'll be alright. A ref that doesn't let them continually get away with their antics will also be nice lol

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
As long as we don't concede early again in the 2nd leg then I think we'll be alright. A ref that doesn't let them continually get away with their antics will also be nice lol
Ref was terrible. Remember in the 1st half when we were on an attack one of their players completely away from the action was rolling around on the floor with a leg injury. For some unknown reason the ref stopped it to check on the player. Happened way to regularly during the game. Just terrible ref.

A real test of our credentials this game at Anfield. Yes, Athletico are up 1-0 but that's nothing really as they're not known for their attacking proess ... we'll see. Can't wait for it though!