Julian Assange – Transparency Warrior or Manchurian Candidate?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At surface level I agree with what you are saying. But the charges they're attempting to lock him up for will set a precedent for the US to extradite and imprison any journalist who publishes truthful information about their dealings. So in effect this isn't completely about Assange. If he's jailed for the charges (he's basically being accused of helping Chelsea Manning to hack democratic party emails) it's a seemingly strong warning to journalists around the world that nowhere is safe for them if they embarass the US when they go about their business in a morally reprehensible manner.

I don't condone endangering the lives of the military. But among the documents leaked in the past were many which exposed America's habit of precipitating wars through subterfuge. Anyone thinking that Assange is demonic for his actions fails to acknowledge that the same military forces have been placed in these dangerous positions by their government who manufactures global conflict to ensure they get resources as cheaply as they can.

This is actually a pretty huge stepping stone towards hobbling the ability of world media to tell truths without fear of prosecution if they imprison Assange.
And it goes back decades. Henry Kissinger is a war criminal and responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of civilians and he is the quintessential example of America's deceitful, manipulative, warmongering elite. How this living piece of human excrement has not faced prosecution is beyond me.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And it goes back decades. Henry Kissinger is a war criminal and responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of civilians and he is the quintessential example of America's deceitful, manipulative, warmongering elite. How this living piece of human excrement has not faced prosecution is beyond me.
I haven't read much about Kissinger. I'll have to look into it a bit more. But quite frequently public perception of powerful figures reflects on how beneficial the outcome was for those who write the histories. Even a highly celebrated figure like Winston Churchill has questionably been responsible for some very evil policies.

At the end of the day, persecution of journalists for exposing morally poor decisions and those who make them is a terrible thing.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I haven't read much about Kissinger. I'll have to look into it a bit more. But quite frequently public perception of powerful figures reflects on how beneficial the outcome was for those who write the histories. Even a highly celebrated figure like Winston Churchill has questionably been responsible for some very evil policies.
As Napoleon once said, 'What is history, but a fable agreed upon?”

If you want something on Kissinger try - The Trial of Henry Kissinger. If you want something by Kissinger try - World Order.

At the end of the day, persecution of journalists for exposing morally poor decisions and those who make them is a terrible thing.
100%.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
As Napoleon once said, 'What is history, but a fable agreed upon?”

If you want something on Kissinger try - The Trial of Henry Kissinger. If you want something by Kissinger try - World Order.

100%.
History is written by the victor....

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
At surface level I agree with what you are saying. But the charges they're attempting to lock him up for will set a precedent for the US to extradite and imprison any journalist who publishes truthful information about their dealings. So in effect this isn't completely about Assange. If he's jailed for the charges (he's basically being accused of helping Chelsea Manning to hack democratic party emails) it's a seemingly strong warning to journalists around the world that nowhere is safe for them if they embarass the US when they go about their business in a morally reprehensible manner.

I don't condone endangering the lives of the military. But among the documents leaked in the past were many which exposed America's habit of precipitating wars through subterfuge. Anyone thinking that Assange is demonic for his actions fails to acknowledge that the same military forces have been placed in these dangerous positions by their government who manufactures global conflict to ensure they get resources as cheaply as they can.

This is actually a pretty huge stepping stone towards hobbling the ability of world media to tell truths without fear of prosecution if they imprison Assange.
While the things you're speaking about are admirable, his future endeavours do not paint him in a good light.

He's a fucking political terrorist. He partook in leaking Russian hacks at a crucial time during elections. The timing of those leaks paint him and wikileaks as nothing but political terrorists. By no means am I defending Hillary nor the US army and their war crimes, however what I am objecting at is a knowing interference in an election which swung things to a white supremacist piece of shit in trump.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Secrets are necessary.
Or do you think the government should advertise the range of its submarines?
Or its tactics and armory inventory, during a battle?
Or the number, type and location of our missile defenses?
Or the location of witnesses in protection?

Without secrets how many of the above would be necessary?

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I've always had a sneaking suspicion that Assange is a puppet, the whole thing reeks.
We are all just puppets, the problem is that most of us don’t know it, or aren’t aware of the grand plan.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
While the things you're speaking about are admirable, his future endeavours do not paint him in a good light.

He's a fucking political terrorist. He partook in leaking Russian hacks at a crucial time during elections. The timing of those leaks paint him and wikileaks as nothing but political terrorists. By no means am I defending Hillary nor the US army and their war crimes, however what I am objecting at is a knowing interference in an election which swung things to a white supremacist piece of shit in trump.
Mate are you fair dinkum here? Don’t you know that Politicians whether they be Trump or Clinton etc are not elected, they are selected WE HAVE NO SAY IN IT! Don’t you even question why only two parties win an election every time an election term comes around? It’s one big puppet show the puppet masters bung on to create division between the un woke populas which is most of the world!

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Mate are you fair dinkum here? Don’t you know that Politicians whether they be Trump or Clinton etc are not elected, they are selected WE HAVE NO SAY IN IT! Don’t you even question why only two parties win an election every time an election term comes around? It’s one big puppet show the puppet masters bung on to create division between the un woke populas which is most of the world!
There's a fair degree of corruption that goes on, granted. But that's mainly confined to the parties internal politics (republicans, democrats, Liberals, labor).

However on an election level:

Millions are spent on campaigning, advertisements

Gerrymandering is committed in the US

Biased media agencies produce non stop partisan bullshit 24 x 7

Voter surpression is committed in the US

Democrat emails were released at an OPPURTUNE time right before the election

So what I'm saying is that these parties go to a hell of a lot of trouble to make sure they're elected just for a "fixed campaign"

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
How dare you use your own mind. You will pick a side and stupidly follow it while both sides fuck you up the arse. You will condemn the opposite wing relentlessly while deep throating and swallowing all the bullshit from your side and ask for more.

You will tear apart anything and everything the other side does and defend your side when they do the same.

Don't be a free thinking man, be a sheep!

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
History is written by the victor....
Never a truer word said. I read a quote by Curtis LeMay who commanded the US air forces during WW2. He orchestrated the deliberate and systematic fire bombing of Tokyo that burned to death 120,000 people in one night. He was quoted as saying "if we don't win this war we'll be tried as war criminals". They won the war and he was given a medal.

Lov_Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ahh Kissinger, another top-brass fooled by Elizabeth Holmes. Thankful for his persistent grandson who was the whistle-blower, countering Henry's instruction to rest the case.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I laughed when they secretly recorded his meeting with lawyers and they got mad about it invading his privacy

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

At this stage I would question whether every influence on him is positive anyway. You isolate someone enough and it becomes easier to manipulate them. I couldn't even tell you how much of a part he played in accessing the emails. It's a subject that deserves investigation on whether he had influential people that guided him to this act he supposedly committed. It doesn't seem like he'd have a huge amount of freedom to have initiated this kind of action without outsiders being heavily involved. So to me it seems like he's become the fall guy that will be used to set a dangerous precedent for media suppression. Whether you regard what he did as a terrible crime or not, I'd prefer that we have some media sources that aren't afraid to tell the truth.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ahh Kissinger, another top-brass fooled by Elizabeth Holmes. Thankful for his persistent grandson who was the whistle-blower, countering Henry's instruction to rest the case.
I hadn't seen anything about the Theranos case. Seems like he's still willing to help screw anyone that suits him for his own gain. This is pretty low on the list of evils he's been involved in. But he just can't seem to shake the habit.