Official A Personal Request from Lynne Anderson

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying its unimportant, I'm asking how important it is? @DinkumDog same goes. I'm not suggesting people dont sign up, I'm just suggesting that if it means so much, then perhaps the club should try a little harder to engage its fanbase and make it hard for them to not renew their memberships. As it stands, we are losing way more games then we win and the club seems to not understand why our membership has dwindled.
Completely agree with the effort the club put into memberships over the past five years I think they took the amount of members they had for granted. It’s going to take them a while to build it back up now.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Completely agree with the effort the club put into memberships over the past five years I think they took the amount of members they had for granted. It’s going to take them a while to build it back up now.
That's the reality we're in. I'm not trying to bag anyone because I think the board has done a tremendous job. But the membership is what it is. If they want more members then they need to either wait for the results to bring them back, or do something extraordinary to convince them to recommit. pretty straightforward imo.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
i'll wait until we have an NRL team, im not paying good money to be a member of a NSW Cup team

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd be happy to donate money In some capacity but I don't go to enough games to buy membership,I buy on speck

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I've never really considered getting rid of the membership even during the dark days we've had.

I've changed from memberships that include games to one's that don't and vica versa. At present I have a 3 game membership for $54 odd dollars, I'd never really use those seats if I went to a game but it's hardly worth downgrading to no games to save $10 or so.

I know the club doesn't need my $54 as we have decent backing but I'll continue to play that small part while I can.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I’m just happy being a die hard fan whom supports win or loss.. the bulldogs are a HUGE part of my life, if I lived in Australia sure I would be a die hard member an throw shit tons of money at the club and go to every game.. however I buy shit tons of merchandise an memorabilia,

on another note, If we improve this year an sign some big names next year then of corse I will, but In my own mind, an own right I am a member and always have been!! an always will be to the day I die..!! This is my club/our club :grinning:

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
my Spare money goes to my kids not to a club that’s got a multimillion dollar bank balance and has been run by people who haven’t given two fucks about the fans and run the place in to the ground

I might not be a paid up member but I’ve been to enough games and bought enough bulldogs shit to have paid for Lynnes trip to England

Honestly if I was going to hand over cash to an organisation the bulldogs would be a long way down the list

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
It's amazing how para got the wooden spoon a few years back, but they currently have 25 000 paid members. This does suggest that our clubs fans area little fickle! And I agree that this email does seem a little desperate, but they probably are desperate.
As a fan who resides in gar north QLD there really is no value in me being a member. Not to me anyway. So I wont be signing up. However, if I did live in sydney then for sure I would sign up.
If Lynne really wants us to be the number one sporting franchise in the country, then i would suggest a few things:
* First of all, give us fans something unique. Something that other clubs dont have.
* How about putting together an incredible sales and marketing team!!! One that answers emails and constantly keeps us fans in the loop.
*Add a videographer to this team and make them put together a professional short film every week showing the boys training, with some one on one interviews etc.!!!
* Why not offer a lucky draw each week for paid members, where they could have the chance to win a free 3 course meal at one of the clubs restaurants after or before the game. Or a meet and greet with players. Or upgraded seats. Or a signed football, flag or jersey.
Imagine if, as a member, you had the chance to win a prize like this every single week!!! It would cost the club nothing, and I'm sure it would encourage fans to sign up. Because as it is, they want us to sign up, bit cant even get it together to put a supporters pack in the mail!
If you were
I cant blame our fan base for being a tad fickle! I’ve been a Bulldogs fan since I was born in 1975 but I really blossomed as a fanatical fan since the 80’s era so I’ve become accustomed to Canterbury winning a premiership at least once every 9-10 years since then. Since the appointment of Mr Hasler as our head coach and the NRL showing no loyalty and harsh bias towards certain clubs through utter poor decisions on and off the field yet giving the opposite to other clubs it’s no wonder our supporters have lost faith reflective in our membership numbers. We all love our club passionately, I see it in almost every post TK members make, however, without the good leadership from our governing body the NRL actually proving they have no favourability between clubs then our fan base will be reluctant to invest, it would be equivalent to flogging a dead horse imo! CHANGE needs to be made and I believe our club is headed in the right direction so I’m staying solid... Go the mighty Bulldogs!

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe time to Bring back the Multicultural Days 2020 Version..

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
"We all have a responsibility to to invest in this club - we need to put our money where our mouths are. The best way to do this is by signing up as an NRL member, where you are not only financially supporting the Bulldogs but also further enabling us to be the best Rugby League club possible."

A little alarming. There's nothing wrong with reminding the fans that they can support the club by being a member but how they've done it looks like they're really desperate. As fans we don't have to give anything (watching every game is enough) so they shouldn't be making it sound like we have to to survive and it's someone else's fault for not being a member... The reason the numbers are down is because we've had no success on the field over the past few years. We have the history so previous members will come back (which I don't agree with, as in, regardless of how the team is performing you should support them the same way you always have, but that's how it is unfortunately) if we get our shiz on the field in order.
Poor management, poor recruiting, and poor performances, will test any team. Winning consistently brings in the crowds and boosts membership.
Sitting at the bottom of the ladder, and only getting headlines for off field incidents doesn't encourage fans to sign up.
Having the Murdoch reptiles waiting to eviscerate you doesn't help, either.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's amazing how para got the wooden spoon a few years back, but they currently have 25 000 paid members. This does suggest that our clubs fans area little fickle! And I agree that this email does seem a little desperate, but they probably are desperate.
As a fan who resides in gar north QLD there really is no value in me being a member. Not to me anyway. So I wont be signing up. However, if I did live in sydney then for sure I would sign up.
If Lynne really wants us to be the number one sporting franchise in the country, then i would suggest a few things:
* First of all, give us fans something unique. Something that other clubs dont have.
* How about putting together an incredible sales and marketing team!!! One that answers emails and constantly keeps us fans in the loop.
*Add a videographer to this team and make them put together a professional short film every week showing the boys training, with some one on one interviews etc.!!!
* Why not offer a lucky draw each week for paid members, where they could have the chance to win a free 3 course meal at one of the clubs restaurants after or before the game. Or a meet and greet with players. Or upgraded seats. Or a signed football, flag or jersey.
Imagine if, as a member, you had the chance to win a prize like this every single week!!! It would cost the club nothing, and I'm sure it would encourage fans to sign up. Because as it is, they want us to sign up, bit cant even get it together to put a supporters pack in the mail!
If you were
All very good suggestions. I live not far from Homebush, but find it too expensive to buy a season ticket, especially as I'm often away during the footie season. I have taken up a membership which doesn't include entry to games. That I can afford, and it helps boost membership numbers. Perhaps that's an option for you.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

To view this email as a web page, go here.

Firstly, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for placing your trust in myself and the other elected board members to drive the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs forward to our next premiership.

We don’t take the responsibility that is placed upon us lightly and are determined to see this great football club restored to the top of Australian rugby league.

Secondly, as you all well know, the 2020 NRL Telstra Premiership is about to start and the players, coaches, admin staff and your board are all preparing for what is shaping up to be an extremely exciting 2020. We are all 100% committed to our goal of being the #1 sporting brand in Australia, but we need your support as well.

I know you are all die-hard supporters of this club, I see that every time we meet and talk. It is a shared bond that I believe is unique to our Bulldogs club.

More than any other club we have seen the highs and lows over our 85-year history, and we know how good those highs are because we stick together through the hard times. I truly believe we are on our way back and want all our fans to share in that ride as Members.

We all have a responsibility to to invest in this club - we need to put our money where our mouths are. The best way to do this is by signing up as an NRL member, where you are not only financially supporting the Bulldogs but also further enabling us to be the best Rugby League club possible. By coming together, we will grow the famed Bulldogs Army and lift our team to even greater heights.

We have a young team, but one that is determined to be the best they can be. Our boys talk about how much they love our fans and the support you give to them, and by becoming an NRL member you will directly help our Club rise again.

Visit ourprideourpack.com.au to find the best membership package for you.

Once you know which package suits you, contact our Membership Services Team on 1300 769 164to sign up as an NRL member.

Sincerely,
Lynne Anderson

"we need to put our money where our mouths are", you said it Lyn, is up to you to make the teem successful again and the memberships will follow

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All very good suggestions. I live not far from Homebush, but find it too expensive to buy a season ticket, especially as I'm often away during the footie season. I have taken up a membership which doesn't include entry to games. That I can afford, and it helps boost membership numbers. Perhaps that's an option for you.
Someone else suggested this too. But I dont think my $50 membership would do anything for the club, and i wouldn't really get anything out of it too.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Some things said by senior management come across poor.
Eg, Hills response to the media for not receiving an upgrade on Forans $350K seemed to me unprofessional or amateur.
This letter to fans is poor. Nothing wrong with Lyn reaching out and the intention is good but resorting to emotional extortion doesn't sit well.
Its not like there talking to the fans or media every day so when they do say or print something, maybe they should run it past someone before hand.
I dont know much about what happens club wise but from the outside I think there doing a good job in some areas and not so good in others.
I signed up for a povo membership for the first time over a month ago and have received zero in the post. A letter with a membership card would of been nice.
Its no big deal personally but I just think if you want fans to support the club, if your reaching out to your family well its a two way Street.
There have been some great ideas mentioned by others in this and other threads regarding club training vids, incentives and just in general the club engaging with its members. Why the club hasn't thought of similar things is baffling.
Talk is cheap. Thats not me being a prick its just fact. If you wont engage, dont expect loyalty.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Someone else suggested this too. But I dont think my $50 membership would do anything for the club, and i wouldn't really get anything out of it too.
It looks better for potential sponsors to have more members though AND we can’t let fucking Manly beat us :grinning:

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Game attendances are a good indication where the members numbers are fudged. Last year we averaged 15,274 at home games with 18,273 members and Parramatta averaged 18,396 with 25,250 members. Roughly 84% of our members attended games on average, whilst only 73% of Parramatta members attended their games. You would think that their brand new state of the art football stadium would attract a higher percentage of their members to games, but plainly it didn't. So either the venue isn't very attractive or their members numbers are inflated. I'm leaning to the latter.

Go Dogs
I think if we can average over 15,000 again this year that is not too shabby at all considering our form over the last several years
Our numbers will then steadily get better of the back of good results early in our season
They just need to play good footy & grind out wins
No secret formula to work out really.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really feel that people like Lynne are stuck in the 80s and 90s, they really need to get out of that bubble of what worked then will work now... it won’t..

they constantly show online and in new promo videos of the 80s and 90s and keep reverting back to this bulldogs DNA, that’s not gonna bring new fans to the club, that’s not gonna bring in new fans and it’s not going to increase membership sales... you’re putting a coach in a video asking for members to sign up, yet he is divided amongst fans as to whether he’s the coach for our club!!! Fmd what are they thinking??

what’s going to attract memberships is attractive membership sales with rewards, social media marketing, this belmore membership is pretty poor, “become a member for our belmore games, really??”

we live in a day and age where social media is critical when it comes to online marketing and I must say our club is not good at it at all..

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
It's really interesting subject when you think further about it isn't it. I think alot of fans are making/made their voices felt through memberships, it's been a tough few years. That alone isn't enough to stop or prevent one from being a "financial supporting" fan but I think you will find that the taste of Dib, Ralene and Des is still quite fresh. Their contempt shown towards fans back then was damaging and remember ultimately it was die hard fans who started the end of their tenure. The fans saw the faults atleast 12 months before the so called experts on TV joined the chorus. Naturally throwing money towards anything that is showing you contempt just isn't going to happen.

As part of the repair work this new board should have known or atleast realised that some mending to the fanbase was required. These are people who have gone through Salary Cap, Rape allegations, off field dramas and then watching our club be picked apart from within. I don't think they ever did do this. I do find it a little presumptuous this article although I'm not entirely against her trying to reach us. I don't think she has done it right. The fact that there has been no membership drive, communication seems embarrassing and non existent and for the large part the content and info from the club has been weak and non engaging. It is quite rude that part about "putting your money where your mouth is" after no leg work from the club.

Lynne needs to binge watch "designated Survivor" off Netflix and see if that can teach her some inspirational leadership ideas. Engage with the fanbase, look after them and show them that they are needed for more than money and data. A family club doesn't work if the fans aren't considered family.....