Official Strong squad named for Sharks trial

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's only 9's, but Britt showed the ability to offload, up the middle, when there was someone there to catch it, which has become so rare for us that players aren't watching and ready for the offload.

Go Dogs
Coach?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully he does it in a 13 a side game. They don’t commit as many tacklers at Nines which makes off loads easier. I didn’t really notice him being that much of a off loader at his stint at Souths.
Could be how he is being coached, maybe Pay sees in Britt some of the old man's offloading skills and he is encouraging it. It was obvious in the 9's, the first couple caught me by surprise since he had only 1 single recorded offload in 12 games last year with the Wabbits. Maybe Bennett told him not to?

Go Dogs

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Could be how he is being coached, maybe Pay sees in Britt some of the old man's offloading skills and he is encouraging it. It was obvious in the 9's, the first couple caught me by surprise since he had only 1 single recorded offload in 12 games last year with the Wabbits. Maybe Bennett told him not to?

Go Dogs
I hated Darren's offloading. Too many times he used to dump it out the back without looking. Half the time the opposition used to dive on it. Darren was at his best just hitting it up. He bent the line well.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Go Dogs
The trials and early matches will answer a lot of those questions. I’m going to try and avoid making any comparisons between Dean and Darren. Darren looked to have a good 10kg on Dean in his playing days so he plays a bit different.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hated Darren's offloading. Too many times he used to dump it out the back without looking. Half the time the opposition used to dive on it. Darren was at his best just hitting it up. He bent the line well.
Darren would throw 2 or 3 bad off loads for every good one but he also had a nice passing game before the line.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couldn't judge the coach on a couple of games of 9's, with a fairly new side and monotonous player rotations, but the fact Britt can clearly stand and offload does add nicely to our potential in that area. With Toomaga and RFM being good with offloads too, backing up through the middle is something Pay and the players will have to be switched on to. I reckon it's our best way get more points this year, although I'm not sure DWZ or our likely halves are the best ones to be backing up. That's why I reckon Wakeham should play and Meaney should go back to fullback at some stage (or at times during games). Averillo is another potentially good backer-upper through the middle.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Darren would throw 2 or 3 bad off loads for every good one but he also had a nice passing game before the line.
Darrens offloads to a flying Rod Silver were legendary. I tend to forget the offloads that missed the mark.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Darrens offloads to a flying Rod Silver were legendary. I tend to forget the offloads that missed the mark.
Oh when they came off they were spectacular! He threw one of the best off loads I have ever seen in a semi at Kogarah for the Rocket to score.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Oh when they came off they were spectacular! He threw one of the best off loads I have ever seen in a semi at Kogarah for the Rocket to score.
I remember the exact game you’re talking about. Brilliant

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay deserves the chance to prove himself and that’s the reality of it, let’s hope come round 5 we are all cheering and backing him.. that would be the best outcome. We want 2020 to be much improved, and can’t expect any miracles.!!! This year is a stepping stone and a build up as I feel 2021 will be our year..!!

Fingers crossed as always.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought Ogden was very effective in 9's Game 1, drew lots of attention 3 or 4 in a tackle and this left time and space for the others. He was missed in Game 2.

FWIW, I think some people put far too much credence in what number a player has on his back, especially when it comes to non starters. Michael Jordan wore #23, does that mean there were 22 above him, I don't think so.

Go Dogs
You can’t be serious about Jordan’s numbering,,they pick their own

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I thought Ogden was very effective in 9's Game 1, drew lots of attention 3 or 4 in a tackle and this left time and space for the others. He was missed in Game 2.

FWIW, I think some people put far too much credence in what number a player has on his back, especially when it comes to non starters. Michael Jordan wore #23, does that mean there were 22 above him, I don't think so.

Go Dogs
NBA team jerseys and NRL jerseys in terms of positioning is a very bad example

Agree with your comments on Ogden though

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's only 9's, but Britt showed the ability to offload, up the middle, when there was someone there to catch it, which has become so rare for us that players aren't watching and ready for the offload.

Go Dogs
2nd phase play has never been a strong point as players aren’t confident enough in their spot in the team,one turnover from an off load and all hell breaks loose on here and coach is fuming.Team and coach needs to adapt to this for us to threaten top eight.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
You can’t be serious about Jordan’s numbering,,they pick their own
And what gives you the idea that bench players in trial game aren’t allowed to pick their own numbers? It means nothing that because someone is wearing #19 that they must be lower in the pecking order than someone wearing #18.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think that might be a typo everywhere else has said there won't be streaming but hopefully something has changed.
The article was just updated so it's possible the NRL has decided to set some sort of stream up for it?

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seen it all over Facebook as well that it will now be streamed what's good

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like it’s getting streamed but they struggled getting a decent stream set up from Belmore a few years ago it will be interesting to see how they go from PNG!
5BA61678-D7B1-4250-96C7-823AC67205A5.jpeg