Official A Personal Request from Lynne Anderson

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

To view this email as a web page, go here.

Firstly, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for placing your trust in myself and the other elected board members to drive the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs forward to our next premiership.

We don’t take the responsibility that is placed upon us lightly and are determined to see this great football club restored to the top of Australian rugby league.

Secondly, as you all well know, the 2020 NRL Telstra Premiership is about to start and the players, coaches, admin staff and your board are all preparing for what is shaping up to be an extremely exciting 2020. We are all 100% committed to our goal of being the #1 sporting brand in Australia, but we need your support as well.

I know you are all die-hard supporters of this club, I see that every time we meet and talk. It is a shared bond that I believe is unique to our Bulldogs club.

More than any other club we have seen the highs and lows over our 85-year history, and we know how good those highs are because we stick together through the hard times. I truly believe we are on our way back and want all our fans to share in that ride as Members.

We all have a responsibility to to invest in this club - we need to put our money where our mouths are. The best way to do this is by signing up as an NRL member, where you are not only financially supporting the Bulldogs but also further enabling us to be the best Rugby League club possible. By coming together, we will grow the famed Bulldogs Army and lift our team to even greater heights.

We have a young team, but one that is determined to be the best they can be. Our boys talk about how much they love our fans and the support you give to them, and by becoming an NRL member you will directly help our Club rise again.

Visit ourprideourpack.com.au to find the best membership package for you.

Once you know which package suits you, contact our Membership Services Team on 1300 769 164to sign up as an NRL member.

Sincerely,
Lynne Anderson

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
"We all have a responsibility to to invest in this club - we need to put our money where our mouths are. The best way to do this is by signing up as an NRL member, where you are not only financially supporting the Bulldogs but also further enabling us to be the best Rugby League club possible."

A little alarming. There's nothing wrong with reminding the fans that they can support the club by being a member but how they've done it looks like they're really desperate. As fans we don't have to give anything (watching every game is enough) so they shouldn't be making it sound like we have to to survive and it's someone else's fault for not being a member... The reason the numbers are down is because we've had no success on the field over the past few years. We have the history so previous members will come back (which I don't agree with, as in, regardless of how the team is performing you should support them the same way you always have, but that's how it is unfortunately) if we get our shiz on the field in order.

Last edited:

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our membership numbers would indicate they are getting desperate to get people on board.
Yeah mate I agree but sadly it seems membership numbers and club performance are correlated. Three straight years of not making the 8 will have no doubt see a reduction in memberships.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Not much difference in the numbers compared to the same time last year. Not making the finals hasn't stopped me from renewing, but moving our home games to Parramatta has.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah mate I agree but sadly it seems membership numbers and club performance are correlated. Three straight years of not making the 8 will have no doubt see a reduction in memberships.
For sure winning and success solves the vast majority of problems in a footy club.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The club just posted a pretty professionally made video on the website from Pay asking people to sign up too. Its like they have just realised they might have to do something to get people to become members.

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2020/02/21/leaders-of-the-pack-dean-pay-head-coach/
Yh whoever had the idea of begging for members 3 weeks out from the season instead of providing proper content during the offseason and developing a relationship between fans and the club probably needs to lose their job lol.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Pesky Wabbits and Slimy Eels miles ahead of everyone else. Interested to know if they always had the loyalty even when they were in the wilderness for so long. One team towns like Melbourne, Newcastle and Canberra understandably do pretty well. Why we aren’t ahead of the Tigers and Dragons isn’t great.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yh whoever had the idea of begging for members 3 weeks out from the season instead of providing proper content during the offseason and developing a relationship between fans and the club probably needs to lose their job lol.
Yeah our club is behind in that regard. Panthers nailed it this off season. No excuses really.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's amazing how para got the wooden spoon a few years back, but they currently have 25 000 paid members. This does suggest that our clubs fans area little fickle! And I agree that this email does seem a little desperate, but they probably are desperate.
As a fan who resides in gar north QLD there really is no value in me being a member. Not to me anyway. So I wont be signing up. However, if I did live in sydney then for sure I would sign up.
If Lynne really wants us to be the number one sporting franchise in the country, then i would suggest a few things:
* First of all, give us fans something unique. Something that other clubs dont have.
* How about putting together an incredible sales and marketing team!!! One that answers emails and constantly keeps us fans in the loop.
*Add a videographer to this team and make them put together a professional short film every week showing the boys training, with some one on one interviews etc.!!!
* Why not offer a lucky draw each week for paid members, where they could have the chance to win a free 3 course meal at one of the clubs restaurants after or before the game. Or a meet and greet with players. Or upgraded seats. Or a signed football, flag or jersey.
Imagine if, as a member, you had the chance to win a prize like this every single week!!! It would cost the club nothing, and I'm sure it would encourage fans to sign up. Because as it is, they want us to sign up, bit cant even get it together to put a supporters pack in the mail!
If you were

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's amazing how para got the wooden spoon a few years back, but they currently have 25 000 paid members. This does suggest that our clubs fans area little fickle! And I agree that this email does seem a little desperate, but they probably are desperate.
As a fan who resides in gar north QLD there really is no value in me being a member. Not to me anyway. So I wont be signing up. However, if I did live in sydney then for sure I would sign up.
If Lynne really wants us to be the number one sporting franchise in the country, then i would suggest a few things:
* First of all, give us fans something unique. Something that other clubs dont have.
* How about putting together an incredible sales and marketing team!!! One that answers emails and constantly keeps us fans in the loop.
*Add a videographer to this team and make them put together a professional short film every week showing the boys training, with some one on one interviews etc.!!!
* Why not offer a lucky draw each week for paid members, where they could have the chance to win a free 3 course meal at one of the clubs restaurants after or before the game. Or a meet and greet with players. Or upgraded seats. Or a signed football, flag or jersey.
Imagine if, as a member, you had the chance to win a prize like this every single week!!! It would cost the club nothing, and I'm sure it would encourage fans to sign up. Because as it is, they want us to sign up, bit cant even get it together to put a supporters pack in the mail!
If you were
You're spot on with all your points but on Parra I think getting a brand new purpose built stadium in the heart of their territory would make selling memberships a whole lot easier.

It was only a few years ago we had a competition with Parra to be the first to get 15000 members I think. The drop off has been massive.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
You're spot on with all your points but on Parra I think getting a brand new purpose built stadium in the heart of their territory would make selling memberships a whole lot easier.

It was only a few years ago we had a competition with Parra to be the first to get 15000 members I think. The drop off has been massive.
The Eels also lost 5,000 members after their wooden spoon season. We've had three poor seasons in a row and we're expected to keep that trend into this year. There can't be growth while this is the case.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Eels also lost 5,000 members after their wooden spoon season. We've had three poor seasons and we're expected to keep that trend into this year. There can't be growth while this is the case.
Newcastle have shown that its possible to maintain members and crowd numbers while not winning but it's not the case with the Dogs. I can't see the numbers improving too much until we have made the finals the season prior.