Sam Burgess names 5 players to watch and one is Dean Britt

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully the few signings we made for this season all step up and show a few people that you don't need to splash huge money on players already in the rep arena to build a quality roster. It wasn't the way we operated in the past and in a system where the salary cap prevents all but a handful of teams from filling out rosters with proven stars, it would be great if we get back to being that club that makes astute signings.

Some of my favourite players in the past came to the club with very little fanfare and quickly elevated themselves into representative football at our club. I don't know if Britt and Stimson will. But I'll be a very proud fan of we manage to get back to being a club where largely overlooked talent comes to shine.

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s definitely got one of those body types that looks like he would hurt to tackle. The tall and lanky blokes were always hard to tackle and I don’t think red heads have a pain tolerance they were always lunatics when I played footy.
Red heads have to be tough for all the shit they cop!

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Meh, couldn't care less about what that pommy piece of shit has to say.

I hope britt has a great season though

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I have a strange feeling Elliott won't be going anywhere, after he has a contract season..
It really doesn't make a whole lot of sense to re-sign him if we actually want to win something, his replacements are already signed for future seasons and we're far better on reinvesting his coin into an area we actually need it and not into more of the same type of players we already have enough of.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Most on here hate Burgess with a passion but all of a sudden they respect his opinion when he has something nice to say about one of our players? If he said something negative about Britt what would the reaction have been?

But I agree that Britt will surprise a lot of people. As I said last season, he did well whenever he played for Souths. They could probably use him in their weakened pack this year..

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully the few signings we made for this season all step up and show a few people that you don't need to splash huge money on players already in the rep arena to build a quality roster. It wasn't the way we operated in the past and in a system where the salary cap prevents all but a handful of teams from filling out rosters with proven stars, it would be great if we get back to being that club that makes astute signings.

Some of my favourite players in the past came to the club with very little fanfare and quickly elevated themselves into representative football at our club. I don't know if Britt and Stimson will. But I'll be a very proud fan of we manage to get back to being a club where largely overlooked talent comes to shine.
That's how melbourne got to where they are now too. They followed our model, and look where they are now.
Sure, they built a dynasty around Smith, Slater and Cronk, but all of these players came to their club as nobody's, they weren't superstars already.
Sure, the road is long, and this season may only be slightly better then last, but we are on the right path and we will get back to the top by doing what we have always done, producing our own talent first, and then filling the gaps with the right type of player that fits our culture, buys into what the coach is trying to do, and doesnt cost the earth.

Great endorsement for young Britt. Hope he can become a leader for our club like his old man.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just talking up his ex team mate who he most probably built a friendship with while at Souths.

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been watching Sam on the training paddock at Redfern the last couple of weeks, giving tips to the players when they are doing one on one contact drills. So I hold his opinion on his experience with Britt in those drills in high regard.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Britt will be a good clubman for us. He won't want to let the club down with that name.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm starting to change my tune on this signing, still think he's far better on an edge but doesn't look like it's happening with Jackson not being moved again this season.
He tore up an edge when playing for Norths in reggies a couple of years ago, thats when I first noticed him. Considering his body type, good footwork and offload his definitely an edge forward and was surprised Souths played him in the middle. His excess in any team and don't really see him being that ground breaking player rather a pretty decent back up in the forwards.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have been watching Sam on the training paddock at Redfern the last couple of weeks, giving tips to the players when they are doing one on one contact drills. So I hold his opinion on his experience with Britt in those drills in high regard.
What are you doing at Souffs training?

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
"Sam Burgess names 5 players to watch and one is Dean Britt", who are the other 4?

Go Dogs

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha. Monkey Magic ayy! What was the character that rode on the white horse? Male or female? Kimo sabi i think?
When I saw your avatar, Snake - it reminded me of "Sandy" the river monster from the old TV series "Monkey". No insult intended; the resemblance is very good.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
TRIPITAKA

The role of the young male monk was played by female actor Masako Natsume.

The actor who played Monkey, Masaaki Sakai, told Rolling Stone they gave the role to a female to generate buzz about the show.

“If only men were used it would not be interesting,” he said, “and by shaving her hair, it also added to the buzz that was generated by the program”.

Natsume continued acting after Monkey, appearing on stage, on the small screen and in several films.

She married a TV producer named Shizuka Ijūin in 1984, but the following year Natsume passed away from acute leukaemia aged just 27.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...c/news-story/b469a9e5501c2166c0681e8ced7fc66f

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Jason tuamalolo, Viliame Kikau, Nathan Cleary and Val Holmes.
Puts Britt in good company.
He lists Taumalolo as a player to watch? Geez, Sam's really unearthed an unknown prospect there!