Sam Burgess names 5 players to watch and one is Dean Britt

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
DEAN BRITT

The son of former Australian international Darren Britt is a name to keep your eye out for this season at Canterbury. A smoky.

If he can keep himself fit and healthy, I think he will become a crowd favourite at Belmore.

During his time at South Sydney, he was tough and uncompromising.

I remember training against him and thinking what a raw-boned, awkward bloke he was to handle. He looks like he has been dragged from the local pub but plays like he could run through the local pub.

During the Nines he looked fit and ready for a big season.

He is an old-school player who plays above his weight with and without the ball. He doesn’t shy away from contact and loves the tough stuff — a dying breed in the modern era but every team needs one.

He welcomes contact without much preservation for his body. Not once did he let me down on the field and he always found a way to win the collision, which I loved. It’s a skill you cannot teach men but one every coach and player values.

The Dogs will be in for a treat if Big Red consistently gets himself into the action for the Doggies.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a big endorsement from one of the best modern day forwards to play the game. He had a lot of players to choose from.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I saw your avatar, Snake - it reminded me of "Sandy" the river monster from the old TV series "Monkey". No insult intended; the resemblance is very good.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Damn I just posted the article too haha great minds

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Saw him and Sam having a chat on the nines coverage. Surprised they got along so well tbh, good endorsement

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Very good to hear. Early days but exactly the type of player we want on our team. A real hard worker, and team player. Bring it.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn I just posted the article too haha great minds
Haha it is a good news story and I was excited to share it.
I wasn’t overly fussed on the Britt signing originally but I’ll take Sammys endorsement and jump aboard the Big Red train !

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's nice to see somebody with a clue speaking about Britt rather than the TK experts who believe we only bought him because of his Bulldog DNA.. He looked good last year for the most part, enough to suggest that with almost a full NRL season, coupled with another pre-season under his belt that he could have a real impact on our team

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He’s definitely got one of those body types that looks like he would hurt to tackle. The tall and lanky blokes were always hard to tackle and I don’t think red heads have a pain tolerance they were always lunatics when I played footy.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I'm starting to change my tune on this signing, still think he's far better on an edge but doesn't look like it's happening with Jackson not being moved again this season.

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That’s a pretty massive endorsement actually. Sounds like exactly the type of player we need.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Showed a pretty good motor in the time I saw him playing in the Nines.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Haha it is a good news story and I was excited to share it.
I wasn’t overly fussed on the Britt signing originally but I’ll take Sammys endorsement and jump aboard the Big Red train !
It’s good to see isn’t it. He could’ve picked anyone so it’s good to see Dean get a wrap. I think he’ll be very good for us and a very astute signing considering our financial situation

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He’s like a taller younger version of tolman but with an offload. Workhorse! something we needed.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tbh I haven't seen enough of him, but you'd have to think Sammy knows a thing or 2 about tough uncompromising forwards..

Surely he is cheaper long term replacement of Tolman..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Tbh I haven't seen enough of him, but you'd have to think Sammy knows a thing or 2 about tough uncompromising forwards..

Surely he is cheaper long term replacement of Tolman..
If he's playing through the middle then he should be Elliott's replacement with Thompson being Tolmans.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he's playing through the middle then he should be Elliott's replacement with Thompson being Tolmans.
Half a dozen of one and 6 of the other..

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a strange feeling Elliott won't be going anywhere, after he has a contract season..