Julian Assange – Transparency Warrior or Manchurian Candidate?

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Admittedly I haven’t been following this story for a while as I thought the moment he was “ushered” out from that Embassy he’s farked. But I was gobsmacked to see Andrew Wilkie along with George Christensen (The Minister for Manilla) advocating for the Morrison government to step in and bring Assange back to Australia. Homer Christensen was the last pollie I thought I’d see speaking on behalf of Assange.

I support Assange and his intent as I’ve always held the belief that there should be no secrets between a democratically elected government and their populace. There has to be trust between a government and its people and the only way to maintain that trust is to be fully transparent with regards to all decisions made on behalf of the populace. And I mean everything, every single decision. Once any democratic government starts down the path of keeping their voters in the dark about decisions, they are corrupt imo as they can and will justify and rationalise the reasons for those decisions to themselves in secret with little to no oversight. Bring on a Federal ICAC I say!!!!

Should Australia step in and tell Merica to pull their fat orange heads in, bring Julian home and protect him or should we allow him to be waterboarded by the Cunts In America?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Given he's Australian, I am surprised the Government hasn't stepped into this yet. I reckon we should bring him back home but don't think it'll happen. Why? Our country has no balls and Australia would never dare stand up to mamma Merica!

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Haven't been following it but I think if he was a genuine threat then he would of been "Epstien'ed" by now.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Given he's Australian, I am surprised the Government hasn't stepped into this yet. I reckon we should bring him back home but don't think it'll happen. Why? Our country has no balls and Australia would never dare stand up to mamma Merica!
As if any government gives a fuck about the people...

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Didn't pamela Anderson suck him off ? She looks like an old drag queen these days I'm ashamed I used to pull my slug over her

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
At least I got to write on a new post. That’s 2 messages for the day !! Yay.

don’t know anything about this so will just shut up. Wanted an excuse to post.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's a ****, when he was given asylum by Ecuador he treated the help like shit literally, the news reported the **** throwing shit at people who were working at the embassy, just the average worker, waiter, cleaner etc etc, let the prick rot, what is that famous saying 'Dont bite the hand that feeds you' that's why they gave him the flick.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He's a ****, when he was given asylum by Ecuador he treated the help like shit literally, the news reported the **** throwing shit at people who were working at the embassy, just the average worker, waiter, cleaner etc etc, let the prick rot, what is that famous saying 'Dont bite the hand that feeds you' that's why they gave him the flick.
Serious? What a ****...

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The news reporting about him...Must be the truth............................

Last edited:

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Who knows how much of that is true, but even if it is, remember how long the bloke was locked up in there. It was something like 7 years, I imagine anyone would go a bit loony in that situation knowing that as soon as they left, they would be extradited to Sweden, then the US.

I won't pretend to know everything about him but to me it seems like all he wanted to achieve was for Governments to not get away with lying and hiding shit from their citizens. People sent him info, he published it. Our Government should absolutely be trying to help him, but we all know that pollies only do something if enough people complain or if they think they will get extra votes.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Will never know the true full story, sounds like a frustrated prick, being fucked over isn't easy, hope he gets his justice if he is innocent.
If not you gotta roll with the punches if he went smart.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How can it ever be bad telling the truth?

longy0303

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
how do you know if you are a genius?

believe what you read and hear in the media...........

good little sheep.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Modern day journalist that’s all reporting the truth.

Shame on Australian government for being silent.

To busy working on changing the law to allow every Australian to be spied under the guise of stopping the pedos.

Let’s not forget that Howard & Abbott wrote character reference for Pell during court case.

Such bullshit.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Admittedly I haven’t been following this story for a while as I thought the moment he was “ushered” out from that Embassy he’s farked. But I was gobsmacked to see Andrew Wilkie along with George Christensen (The Minister for Manilla) advocating for the Morrison government to step in and bring Assange back to Australia. Homer Christensen was the last pollie I thought I’d see speaking on behalf of Assange.

I support Assange and his intent as I’ve always held the belief that there should be no secrets between a democratically elected government and their populace. There has to be trust between a government and its people and the only way to maintain that trust is to be fully transparent with regards to all decisions made on behalf of the populace. And I mean everything, every single decision. Once any democratic government starts down the path of keeping their voters in the dark about decisions, they are corrupt imo as they can and will justify and rationalise the reasons for those decisions to themselves in secret with little to no oversight. Bring on a Federal ICAC I say!!!!

Should Australia step in and tell Merica to pull their fat orange heads in, bring Julian home and protect him or should we allow him to be waterboarded by the Cunts In America?
I've got a lot of admiration for what he did with creating Wikileaks. As you say, when governments get away with making decisions without transparency it leaves them in a situation where serving their own interests becomes too simple. In reality, Assange is facing justice for providing the platform for others to expose information. His initial arrest wasn't about doing anything illegal in creating Wikileaks. They tried to lock him up for a false charge of raping two women he had a consenting threesome with because they knew that charging him over creating Wikileaks wasn't exactly legal. But now that the initial outrage over it has long since died down I think he's going to find himself in a lot of trouble. Our current government won't lift a finger to stand in the way of America prosecuting him. And he simply provided a platform for others to post information as opposed to leaking things himself.

I think that it would take a pretty huge public outcry from Australians to invoke any action from those currently in power. And the issue is barely getting any media coverage. So it seems unlikely that the outcry will eventuate. So in short I think he's drifting up shit creek without a paddle.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How can it ever be bad telling the truth?
Secrets are necessary.
Or do you think the government should advertise the range of its submarines?
Or its tactics and armory inventory, during a battle?
Or the number, type and location of our missile defenses?
Or the location of witnesses in protection?

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Secrets are necessary.
All on the web except battle tactics & witness protection which the US will be told and the Chinese will hack.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've always had a sneaking suspicion that Assange is a puppet, the whole thing reeks.

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Secrets are necessary.
At surface level I agree with what you are saying. But the charges they're attempting to lock him up for will set a precedent for the US to extradite and imprison any journalist who publishes truthful information about their dealings. So in effect this isn't completely about Assange. If he's jailed for the charges (he's basically being accused of helping Chelsea Manning to hack democratic party emails) it's a seemingly strong warning to journalists around the world that nowhere is safe for them if they embarass the US when they go about their business in a morally reprehensible manner.

I don't condone endangering the lives of the military. But among the documents leaked in the past were many which exposed America's habit of precipitating wars through subterfuge. Anyone thinking that Assange is demonic for his actions fails to acknowledge that the same military forces have been placed in these dangerous positions by their government who manufactures global conflict to ensure they get resources as cheaply as they can.

This is actually a pretty huge stepping stone towards hobbling the ability of world media to tell truths without fear of prosecution if they imprison Assange.