Movie Discussion

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sonic the Hedgehog was way better than I expected. Took my niece to watch it last week.
Supposedly it's absolutely killing it at the box office. Glad they listen to the fans and readjusted the Sonic character and the fans have repaid by turning up.

Sucked in to the Woke community of Birds Of Prey, who tried to sway people from seeing Sonic and go to Birds Of Prey by smearing the crap out of Sonic just because their shit movie was tanking. No one likes movies that go Woke...fact!

Anyhow, gonna go on a date night Saturday with the missus and see Sonic. She's more keen then I am :laughing:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Supposedly it's absolutely killing it at the box office. Glad they listen to the fans and readjusted the Sonic character and the fans have repaid by turning up.

Sucked in to the Woke community of Birds Of Prey, who tried to sway people from seeing Sonic and go to Birds Of Prey by smearing the crap out of Sonic just because their shit movie was tanking. No one likes movies that go Woke...fact!

Anyhow, gonna go on a date night Saturday with the missus and see Sonic. She's more keen then I am :laughing:
Jim Carrey was hilarious in it as the bad guy. Enjoy it mate!

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Anyone seen this one? Pretty cool

After a wealthy banker is given an opportunity to participate in a mysterious game, his life is turned upside down when he becomes unable to distinguish between the game and reality.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

After a wealthy banker is given an opportunity to participate in a mysterious game, his life is turned upside down when he becomes unable to distinguish between the game and reality.

I forgot about this movie. It was quite brilliant at the time.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Excellent movie..

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

Make sure you review it here brother - that's important :D I'm wanting to see it too.

Question for @Freakzilla - is this a movie that an adult will enjoy as well or it mainly aimed at teenies?

Wahesh

Reaction score
Excellent movie..
I haven't seen this movie, however I have seen a few Michael Douglas movies.

Compare this to Falling Down - which one would you say is better?

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I haven't seen this movie, however I have seen a few Michael Douglas movies.

Compare this to Falling Down - which one would you say is better?
Oooh good question..but it’s really hard to compare my man.. The Game is a suspense/action thriller.. whereas Falling Down is more a psychological drama about a man who has had enough.. Both good movies.. As for better? Well I throughly enjoyed both..The Game..it was a fun ride.. Falling Down..was an uncomfortable ride..each worth taking..

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Make sure you review it here brother - that's important :D I'm wanting to see it too.

Question for @Freakzilla - is this a movie that an adult will enjoy as well or it mainly aimed at teenies?
I laughed more than my 8 year old niece for sure. Jim Carrey makes jokes that are more for adults.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
images.jpeg

A privileged man-child arrives at the beautiful and remote coastal cabin of his estranged father, whom he hasn't seen in 30 years. He quickly discovers that not only is his dad a jerk, he also has a shady past that is rushing to catch up with him.

Elijah wood seems to like taking these kind of weird indie/man child roles, and this it works really well here. Not a particularly smart film but it doesn't have to be. Nicely shot, great acting all round, and a few scenes which actually made me laugh out loud. If you're a fan of absurd horror/comedy you'll likely enjoy this one.

3.5/5

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
View attachment 13186

A privileged man-child arrives at the beautiful and remote coastal cabin of his estranged father, whom he hasn't seen in 30 years. He quickly discovers that not only is his dad a jerk, he also has a shady past that is rushing to catch up with him.

Elijah wood seems to like taking these kind of weird indie/man child roles, and this it works really well here. Not a particularly smart film but it doesn't have to be. Nicely shot, great acting all round, and a few scenes which actually made me laugh out loud. If you're a fan of absurd horror/comedy you'll likely enjoy this one.

3.5/5
His eyes have always freaked me out.. That poster continues his freakiness!!

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That Mr Invisible man or whatever its called looks interesting, probably some type of sick pervert peeping tom.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That Mr Invisible man or whatever its called looks interesting, probably some type of sick pervert peeping tom.
Reminds me of this joke..

Superman is flying around one day when he spots Wonder Woman laying on the beach butt naked. He thinks to himself "I'm faster than a speeding bullet, I could fly down there, take care of my business and be gone before she can blink an eye". So he swoops in, does his thing and disappears into the sky. Sensing the commotion, Wonder Woman cries out "What was that?". Invisible Man replies " I don't know, but all of the sudden my ass hurts".

:grimacing:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Nerve

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3531824/

A high school senior finds herself immersed in an online game of truth or dare, where her every move starts to become manipulated by an anonymous community of "watchers."

Average movie that just prones teens can't live without their phones. Some sexy scene of Emma Roberts wearing a short dress are probably the best thing about this movie.

5/10

Wahesh

Reaction score
Evan Almighty

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0413099/

God contacts Congressman Evan Baxter and tells him to build an ark in preparation for a great flood.

This movie is. It's not as good as Bruce Almighty, but quite funny in some parts. Recommended if you've seen Bruce Almighty.

7/10.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Godzilla

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0831387/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_9

The world is beset by the appearance of monstrous creatures, but one of them may be the only one who can save humanity.

This movie is nowhere near as good as the 1998 version. It just takes too long for the story to develop and for anything to happen. The amount of CGI is through the roof as you'd expect, but disappointing considering they couldn't compensate that with a good story.

Poor story, poor acting, boring movie.

3/10

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
As a fan of the Indiana Jones movies..apart from the Crystal Skull..the new upcoming film is worrying me.. Not only has the script been rewritten a number of times..had a couple of different screenwriters..they’ve actually gone back to the original guy working on it..David Keopp..the ‘genius’ who gave us the Crystal Skull.. Additionally Harrison Ford will be 78..now I’m a believer that age is just a number..but pushing 80 is stretching it for an action adventure character of Indy’s physical requirements.. And today I’ve learnt Spielberg will step aside as director..remaining as producer..and his likely replacement will be Logan director James Magnold..I must say he did a great a job with an ageing hero in Wolverine.. Add the fact Lucas, who isn’t involved, means the two guys who gave us the beloved character have none or a limited role.

It all sounds a little shaky.. To me Indy should have been retired a longtime ago..perhaps a fourth film during the 90s..but it’s gone on too long now..it’s time to create as new character..and please please don’t give me a reboot in the future Disney.. As Henry Jones Snr said, ‘Indiana, let it go...’

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I love thrillers, especially a physiological thriller.. but seen them all on Netflix, haven’t seen a good one with a good story in soo long. The saw movies were epic an they haven’t made anything as good since..!! Not into fake horrors or anything though.

the new Dracula series on Netflix is really good though...!!