Coronavirus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
BTW, currently there's just over 57,000 active cases. 21% of them are considered serious/critical.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
It's from John's Hopkins University working with the World Health Organisation.

Outside of China the deaths are:

Diamond Princess Cruise - 2 deaths

Hong Kong - 2 deaths

Iran - 2 deaths (side note, only 2 people infected in Iran. Both died)

Japan - 1 death

Taiwan - 1 death

France - 1 death

Philippines - 1 death
1 death is too much.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Noticed Contagion movie was on tv last night, great programming.

Seems like all the doomsday preppers may get the last laugh.

Olympics to be postponed?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m having a morning coffee and cigarette right now you must really miss miss it.
Lol fucking oath I do ,the only reason I quit was the price, I struggle everyday lol counting down the days till I hit Japan and light up .and Russia next year

steve1700

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol fucking oath I do ,the only reason I quit was the price, I struggle everyday lol counting down the days till I hit Japan and light up .and Russia next year
Yeah I went from 50c a packet to $30 just bought some patches $40???? They used to be free am going to ease of and only smoke when I’m drinking

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I went from 50c a packet to $30 just bought some patches $40???? They used to be free am going to ease of and only smoke when I’m drinking
Im still on those nicottbate lozenges , I need a shit load of vallium and locked down in a dark room to flush the nicotine out of system for 2 days

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
2,626 deaths including 14 in Iran, which is the largest amount of deaths per country outside China

Large outbreaks in South Korea and Italy.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
2,626 deaths including 14 in Iran, which is the largest amount of deaths per country outside China

Large outbreaks in South Korea and Italy.
I wonder when it will hit India, another country with a billion plus population.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The World Health Organisation praised China's response to the Coronavirus situation. Last night on Q&A they had the Chinese delegate to Australia and they ripped into him hard, criticising it heavily.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Has it been confirmed how this virus originated?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People want numbers, and some pretty reputable organisations are putting numbers together, but even the most careful numbers can't be considered accurate. There is now clear proof of asymptomatic spread, where someone without symptoms and who tested negative has in fact spread the virus. Also, some evidence is starting to appear that illness may follow infection by twice as much as the previously expected maximum of two weeks. Add these factors to the uncertainty as to how many people have died with the virus but it was attributed to something else, and the continuing problems reliably identifying the presence of the virus, and you have a whole bunch of uncertainty.

One thing I want to know, which I haven't been able to find information on, is whether there is much chance of this thing mutating into something more deadly. I'd assume that the more hosts it manages to find (people or animal), the more possibility of it mutating, but can this kind of virus become super deadly (10%+ death rate) super fast?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Dunno, but I heard this morning the Chinese are cracking down on live animal markets...
No surprise. There are so many nice chinese dishes along with a world of different cuisines, why do people need to eat weird shit?!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
24,000 children die in Africa everyday due to hunger

Over 1,000,000 people die every year in South America due to mosquito bites.

No one makes a big deal about these.

Status
Not open for further replies.