Official Strong squad named for Sharks trial

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I wouldn't read too much into Tolman playing lock I think he's only there because Elliott and C Smith aren't playing.
Based on Pay’s history you’re likely right. But Tolmans days as a starting prop for us should be over. Especially with a young halves combo that will need all the help it can get (with a metre eating forward pack) to succeed. It’s lock or nothing imo.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm glad Wakeham is in the team, I reckon he's got lots of potential, someone
able to create genuine opportunities out of little.
Averillo? I've never seen him play, what do others think of him?
I like Meaney as a player and would like him to stay in the team.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
How is Ogden behind Britt!
What has Ogden done that’s so amazing? I like him but he needs to put more effort in. It’s funny how people instantly blame Pay but most coaches would do the same thing

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ogden is capable of so much more. He is big, hes tough, but he doesnt use those attributes to the best advantage. He needs to rip in.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought Ogden was very effective in 9's Game 1, drew lots of attention 3 or 4 in a tackle and this left time and space for the others. He was missed in Game 2.

FWIW, I think some people put far too much credence in what number a player has on his back, especially when it comes to non starters. Michael Jordan wore #23, does that mean there were 22 above him, I don't think so.

Go Dogs

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not stressed about watching the trial, but id recommend watching the world club challenge on sunday to see our future leader.3 rounds into the super league should be good watching him come up against the premier nrl front pairing of jwh and taekeao.! Should be a good indicator against the chooks.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Footwork at the line, offload & capable of big minutes gets Britt across the line ahead of ogden. I am a big fan of Ogden but I think he just needs to realise when you get opportunities you need to play like it is your last game of league. One he learns that he will be a top class player. Same can be said of Toomaga but he did show late last year that he got the message.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What has Ogden done that’s so amazing? I like him but he needs to put more effort in. It’s funny how people instantly blame Pay but most coaches would do the same thing
Ogden has the most potential of all our middles, he did well in all the chances hengot last year, then fell out of favor?

Britt is yet to prove he is anything more than a first grade benchy at best.

Ogden has way more up side that should be invested in.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ogden has the most potential of all our middles, he did well in all the chances hengot last year, then fell out of favor?

no chance .. toomaga is far more skilful and powerful ..

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Watch the replay of his last outing for us in the top grade. You’ll understand why he fell out of favour.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Footwork at the line, offload & capable of big minutes gets Britt across the line ahead of ogden. I am a big fan of Ogden but I think he just needs to realise when you get opportunities you need to play like it is your last game of league. One he learns that he will be a top class player. Same can be said of Toomaga but he did show late last year that he got the message.
These two shouldn't even be compared, both should be playing different roles while Britt is far better on an edge than through the middle.

Our issue is our lack of genuine go forward from our forwards and we never really got it until To'omaga and RFM got some game time. We simply need more of this and that should keep Ogden in the picture considering he has some of the strongest runs and quicker play the balls of all our forwards.

We can't be loading up on Tolmans, Jackson's, Stimsons, Elliotts, Smith's, Britts, etc because they're supposedly fitter or what not, we need balance in the forwards and some stronger ball carriers are needed in the 17.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Apart from flatten Farah (which btw, the look on Farahs face was LOL hilarious ) not much.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It's only 9's, but Britt showed the ability to offload, up the middle, when there was someone there to catch it, which has become so rare for us that players aren't watching and ready for the offload.

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's only 9's, but Britt showed the ability to offload, up the middle, when there was someone there to catch it, which has become so rare for us that players aren't watching and ready for the offload.

Go Dogs
Hopefully he does it in a 13 a side game. They don’t commit as many tacklers at Nines which makes off loads easier. I didn’t really notice him being that much of a off loader at his stint at Souths.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
CBF reading 6 pages, but is this televised?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
How is Ogden behind Britt!

I know Nines is not really the deciding factor but Britt lead the way.. Ogden is a little bit sluggish and will need to get a move on this season if he wants to cement his spot in the top team