News Why your team will do better in 2020: Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Flano only has to 1 year assistant coach doesn't he. Surely Anderson could pull that rabbit out of her hat
She’d definitely be voted out at the next election if she does that

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here : he just wrote what I’m saying . The future is bright I’ve seen it
Yeah? Then where’s our major sponsor that according to you was due 2 weeks ago?

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
And you figure if Mary doesn't get the Dragons off to a flyer, Flanno will be moved into the top job.
Mary will do the press conferences but we know who the coach will really be

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
And you figure if Mary doesn't get the Dragons off to a flyer, Flanno will be moved into the top job.
The NRL ruling on Flanagan is "no head coaching for 2 years", which says that they won't give him a head coaches licence till 2022. If they catch him "head coaching" he'll cop another suspension which will end his coaching career forever. I don't think he will risk it, he will be a dutiful assistant coach until his suspension is lifted. Then Morris and McGreggor should look out, because they are looking pretty shaky already, let alone in 2 years time.

Go Dogs

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first month is critical to how the season pans out I think the back room will be more occupied building next years team plus no lichaa so definitely doing better .

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
First 4 games are crucial, if we are 2/2 then it’s a positive for sure, we are capable of top 8 from what we saw the first game of nines, and deff have the boys to do it. Let’s just hope it’s a productive year running into next. Bottom 4 is not an option.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kevin Walters, Shane Flanagan are 2 I can think of.
Who we signing if Pay gets axed... Only dude worth chasing was Holbrook and he's gone now so yeah... Best to hope Pay succeds now

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Kevin Walters, Shane Flanagan are 2 I can think of.
For the umpteenth time, Flanagan is not allowed to head coach until 2022, he has to serve at least 2 years as an assistant without issue. Which means he can't risk anything that jeopardises that, hence no "head coaching" from the back seat.

Walters has knocked back so many coaching jobs outside of Qld I don't think that he is interested. But more than that, he has applied for several coaching jobs in Qld and not landed one, that tells me he's not regarded all that highly in his home territory.

Go Dogs

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
For the umpteenth time, Flanagan is not allowed to head coach until 2022, he has to serve at least 2 years as an assistant without issue. Which means he can't risk anything that jeopardises that, hence no "head coaching" from the back seat.

Walters has knocked back so many coaching jobs outside of Qld I don't think that he is interested. But more than that, he has applied for several coaching jobs in Qld and not landed one, that tells me he's not regarded all that highly in his home territory.

Go Dogs
I agree with all of that except the head coaching from the back seat mate. How could that be enforced? I think he’ll be pulling a lot of strings, especially with someone as useless as Mary there

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I agree with all of that except the head coaching from the back seat mate. How could that be enforced? I think he’ll be pulling a lot of strings, especially with someone as useless as Mary there
The NRL will come down extremely heavily on him, most likely a life time ban. So firstly he isn't going to risk it, it simply isn't worth it and secondly someone only has to dob him in. A disgruntled player or other member of the coaching staff or someone just videoing it (everyone has a phone). The NRL isn't going to forget (or forgive) that he was caught doing coach stuff when he was suspended, second time around would be very ugly.

Put it in context of this thread, Pay gets the sack and Flanagan leaves his job as assistant coach at StGeorge, takes over as our assistant coach (in name only) and, say, Georgalis is moved up to Head Coach (in name only) . The NRL are pretty dumb some times, but even they wouldn't fall for that.

Go Dogs

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The NRL will come down extremely heavily on him, most likely a life time ban. So firstly he isn't going to risk it, it simply isn't worth it and secondly someone only has to dob him in. A disgruntled player or other member of the coaching staff or someone just videoing it (everyone has a phone). The NRL isn't going to forget (or forgive) that he was caught doing coach stuff when he was suspended, second time around would be very ugly.

Put it in context of this thread, Pay gets the sack and Flanagan leaves his job as assistant coach at StGeorge, takes over as our assistant coach (in name only) and, say, Georgalis is moved up to Head Coach (in name only) . The NRL are pretty dumb some times, but even they wouldn't fall for that.

Go Dogs
I understand but assistant coaches address the team all the time. I just think it will be near impossible to prove. I can’t stand the bloke and hope he gets done

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I understand but assistant coaches address the team all the time. I just think it will be near impossible to prove. I can’t stand the bloke and hope he gets done
I'm sure he will "take some of the load off McGregor" but there will be a limit. But that wasn't the point, posters keep suggesting Flanagan as a replacement for Pay if he doesn't win enough games early in the season. That's just not going to be allowed to happen by the NRL, they would fall on us and him heavily and from a great height. In 2 years they might allow it, but this year or next year not remotely possible.

Go Dogs

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm sure he will "take some of the load off McGregor" but there will be a limit. But that wasn't the point, posters keep suggesting Flanagan as a replacement for Pay if he doesn't win enough games early in the season. That's just not going to be allowed to happen by the NRL, they would fall on us and him heavily and from a great height. In 2 years they might allow it, but this year or next year not remotely possible.

Go Dogs
I agree and I don’t know about you but I’d vote against any board who approved Flanagan at the club

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
First 4 games are crucial, if we are 2/2 then it’s a positive for sure, we are capable of top 8 from what we saw the first game of nines, and deff have the boys to do it. Let’s just hope it’s a productive year running into next. Bottom 4 is not an option.
What did u get from the second game at the nines? Still thinking top 8?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What did u get from the second game at the nines? Still thinking top 8?
Good point, and Nope but still hopeful. the second game was looking like last year. But I guess pay wanted give everyone a run to see where they are at. As I say, will wait an see how it goes before we really get a handle on things.