Official Strong squad named for Sharks trial

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No? I want you to show me this defensive formation with the half defending in the middle.
Literally swap Wakeham and Lewis, nothing bizarre considering Lewis already comes infield to make tackles. And I'm not saying WE SHOULD do this before you start signing that song.

Snake

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Strong hand shown by Dean Pay. Finally shows he is taking the trials seriously and is preparing for a better start to the season.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I really think averillo will be a bolter for us this year

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Interesting balance of some experience and looking forward to seeing the young fellas get a run in an 80min game.

- Tols at 13!
- Averillo may mean Meaney is injured.
Same. I wonder if this means that Tolman could be moving to lock to accommodate for Thompson and in the mean time give someone like Toomanga or Britt to shine in the front row. Tolman's defense is good and I hope this means that he will stop taking the ball on the 4th and no more Elliot.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lewis could always defend in the middle instead? Idk? No rule states that a certain player needs to defend a certain area, maybe we could show some flexibility there and find a more effective defensive formation.
Hasbeen reckoned thats how defenders should defend ie each in their little Des IGNATED grid and never move out of it. Gee I'm glad he is goooooon.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
On Meaney not playing in the 1st trial (or the 2nd 9's game) I heard he picked up a leg muscle strain in the 9's Game 1, thigh or hammy, not sure which.

Go Dogs

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
On Meaney not playing in the 1st trial (or the 2nd 9's game) I heard he picked up a leg muscle strain in the 9's Game 1, thigh or hammy, not sure which.

Go Dogs
Hammy apparently mate

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Same. I wonder if this means that Tolman could be moving to lock to accommodate for Thompson and in the mean time give someone like Toomanga or Britt to shine in the front row. Tolman's defense is good and I hope this means that he will stop taking the ball on the 4th and no more Elliot.
Agree mate. It would’ve been easy enough to play Chris Smith at 13, so this looks more tactical which looks good to me.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hasbeen reckoned thats how defenders should defend ie each in their little Des IGNATED grid and never move out of it. Gee I'm glad he is goooooon.
There are many negative things you can say about the team under Hasler, but having bad defense isn’t one of them.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely Tolman at 13 is purely because Pay’s favourite forward Is injured and would’ve been playing all-stars if fit.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree mate. It would’ve been easy enough to play Chris Smith at 13, so this looks more tactical which looks good to me.
Did you just mention chris smith starting eeeeek

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Did you just mention chris smith starting eeeeek
Ha ha - it wasn’t a suggestion! :-)
Just highlighting that naming Tols at #13 hopefully suggests a more tactical play for the future rather than just covering for injuries etc.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looks to be a solid team. Some choices perhaps made out of necessity, but overall it looks as though players are genuinely auditioning for positions. This can only be a good thing. And given the sharks reserve grade team has been picked, a cricket score should ensue.
I wonder how the sharks will start the year with realistically only one trial for their fg team???

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Surely Tolman at 13 is purely because Pay’s favourite forward Is injured and would’ve been playing all-stars if fit.
Or maybe he has realised he isn't good enough. We will find out when Elliot returns.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad they’re obviously considering Tolman as a lock moving forward. It’s the most obvious fit for him. He doesn’t offer great impact as a prop taking a hit up to start off a set and the lack of impact he has also makes him a waste on the bench. BUT you can’t deny the defensive clean up he offers so he can do that at lock and take hit ups here and there without having the pressure of starting off sets with big metres.

Fingers crossed Toomaga kills it starting and it continues into the season proper. Just a shame we’re playing a second string sharks side.
I hope we keep using Tolman as a decoy runner like we did in the very last game of 2019. Much better use of him that way than actually giving him the ball on every 4th tackle

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't read too much into Tolman playing lock I think he's only there because Elliott and C Smith aren't playing.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Smith is playing for indigenous all stars other wise he probably would of been at lock