Competition for spots can push Dean Pay’s Bulldogs to another level in 2020

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
O

of course a player will say that yet elliott and chris smith were picked knocking on and giving away stupid penalties every game thats my point
I think when you don’t rate a player you notice more things they do wrong but Elliott had 8 knock ons all season, Smith 6. That’s not a lot, Harper had 6 in one game! CHN had 13.
Penalties wise it was 7 & 6 respectively again not a lot. CHN had 10 (and 71 missed tackles) and was dropped by pay

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/stats/players?sortBy=tries

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Rfm has never played well in the 2nd row i get some players take a while to identify their best position but im glad you brought up chn though pay not playing him early on and elliott in the starting team highlights his clueless selections,put your bias aside it’s something pay needs to get better at
RFM has never played well at 2nd row? Again, you must have been asleep for the first half of 2018 when he played there and was our best player until he got injured in Denver.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
CHN himself told us why he didn’t deserve to be selected early last year and what he changed to earn selection later in the year.

There are a number of sources, this is one where CHN mentions how his form improved during last season ; https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2020/01/17/harawira-naera-i-get-goosebumps-thinking-about-it-now/

Go Dogs
You are aware players get media training? And also the more time goes on the more closer to politicians they become.. take any comments a player makes with a grain of salt..

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
You are aware players get media training? And also the more time goes on the more closer to politicians they become.. take any comments a player makes with a grain of salt..
True but to admit to having a problem with alcohol goes against that

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Media trained or not, his defence needed work as he was missing more tackles than anyone. He definitely returned from his axing a better player with a point to prove. Great attitude.

A

Alexander the Great

Same. Georgalis was brought in to take over the attacking side of things and we he did boom the team clicked.
Yeah or i also heard the opposite that it was others that made him start selecting the right players in the right positions who knows what the truth is

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
of course a player will say that yet elliott and chris smith were picked knocking on and giving away stupid penalties every game thats my point
Of course a player doesn't have to say that, he could say nothing about it, or he could deflect, or he could blame newness to the team, or any number of other excuses. But CHN chose to own up to it (that his form wasn't the best) and yet some people choose to believe that he is lying for some obscure reason. It just supports the view that some posters on TK have such an expectation bias that it only lets them see what reinforces their already established opinion. eg; Pay's selections are always horrible therefore CHN is lying about why he wasn't selected earlier last season.

On the Elliott giving away penalties myth, already posted the facts that disprove that, but just another example of expectation bias.

Go Dogs

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Media trained or not, his defence needed work as he was missing more tackles than anyone. He definitely returned from his axing a better player with a point to prove. Great attitude.
i watched teh NSW cup game he played after being dropped .. im pretty sure he was imagining Dean Pays head on some of those players ...he was pissed and it was evident.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
i watched teh NSW cup game he played after being dropped .. im pretty sure he was imagining Dean Pays head on some of those players ...he was pissed and it was evident.
Exactly the response that you want as a coach from someone you dropped, it's called motivation.

Go Dogs

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exactly the response that you want as a coach from someone you dropped, it's called motivation.

Go Dogs
he may of needed to be dropped, but i still believe he was singled out .. at the time of his dropping i provided stats that elliott was just as bad as he was defensively (per minute .. not per game).. Elliott definately improved towards the end of the season, but early on he was worse than most in the team TBH and escaped unscathed as per usual .

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
he may of needed to be dropped, but i still believe he was singled out .. at the time of his dropping i provided stats that elliott was just as bad as he was defensively (per minute .. not per game).. Elliott definately improved towards the end of the season, but early on he was worse than most in the team TBH and escaped unscathed as per usual .
He also could barely train because of an alcohol related condition

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I can see the difference, CHN needed motivation and dropping him provided that. I think most would agree that Elliott wasn't in need of motivation, just needed experience, guidance and game time. Tailoring the approach to each player's needs is the sign of good coaching.

Go Dogs

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
well if this is the case than i agree with what took place.
It is mate. He’s come out and said it himself. Thankfully for us he’s back and focused

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I thought JMK was really good at times last season. Especially in the game against
Parramatta at Bankwest near the end of the season. If he could play like that consistently he would
be able to make the position his own. Actually, if the whole team could play the way they did that game.
That was such a good performance and game

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I find the Nick Meaney situation interesting.. I mean he had a solid season last year, and is a genuine first grader for mine, but very likely that he still has aspirations of being a fullback. Obviously Dal is the better choice of now but I wonder if we will see Nick get another shot at the back over the next few seasons

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think when you don’t rate a player you notice more things they do wrong but Elliott had 8 knock ons all season, Smith 6. That’s not a lot, Harper had 6 in one game! CHN had 13.
Penalties wise it was 7 & 6 respectively again not a lot. CHN had 10 (and 71 missed tackles) and was dropped by pay

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/stats/players?sortBy=tries
Jt used to be high on missed tackles but guess what he was a gun its not just a stat theres other factors involved such as is if they are 1 dimensional but still knocking on etc its amplified but someone like chn or other creative players offer alot more but yes occasionally throw lose passes etc blind freddy can see chn shits on elliott and c smith