Official Strong squad named for Sharks trial

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
in this day and age, its ridiculous to think that every single game isn't broadcast live in some capacity
The technology just isn't there yet.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The technology just isn't there yet.
what do you mean.. I see people broadcast low level drag racing events live through facebook.. of course its there.. I never said it had to be in ultra hd 4k..

even a mobile phone for FFS..

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If okunbor plays shit against sharks reggies youd think he wont be in firsts

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see who plays hooker when Katoa is off. Wakeham or Holland will probably do it I guess. We really can not afford a injury there this year.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's a strong squad and you'd want to see the boys run up a score considering how weak the Sharks squad is.

If Okunbur is shaky in the trials, surely he doesn't get named in Round 1.

I'm glad to see Renouf is starting and I hope this season his minutes increase. Hopefully Wakeham and others on the bench get an extended run in the second half this week.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
nup still didn't help LOL.. but I'm guessing you were trying to be sarcastic and agree with my statement ..
Yes lol.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Even though I want Cogger and Wakeham in the halves. Thank fuck Lewis is not wearing the 7.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It will be interesting to see who plays hooker when Katoa is off. Wakeham or Holland will probably do it I guess. We really can not afford a injury there this year.
Wakeham rotating at hooker is pretty bizarre, not like he's going to be the spark from the bench that you'd want. Guess he could offer some control and guile around the ruck...

Obviously I'd rather we just stop fucking around and start him at halfback lol

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Wakeham rotating at hooker is pretty bizarre, not like he's going to be the spark from the bench that you'd want. Guess he could offer some control and guile around the ruck...

Who would you pick as a utility/bench hooker for these trials?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

I hate the idea of Wakeham at hooker just let him develop as a halfback. I think he might be a victim of our shit depth at hooker and get used there.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even though I want Cogger and Wakeham in the halves. Thank fuck Lewis is not wearing the 7.
it will be a bloodbath when Cogger and Wakeham are partnered lol and I am not saying it to diss either because they both have a go

Novocastrian

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im keen to see how topine goes. Was also hoping shoupp got a run

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Who would you pick as a utility/bench hooker for these trials?
Billy Brittain. We have absolutely no depth at hooker and JMK was known to be out missing since early December from memory? Imo a new recruit in that role would've been a high priority for me even if they were only ever going to be a stop gap solution at best.

But to actually answer your question I honestly couldn't pick anyone from our squad, I mean we played fucking Bobcat there in the 9s lol.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
it will be a bloodbath when Cogger and Wakeham are partnered lol and I am not saying it to diss either because they both have a go
Pretty sure Wakeham cut down a a flying Sivo in the 9s. People need to stop acting like any half that can't defend like Lewis is an absolute disaster, the disaster is consistently relying on a half to make such an extraordinary amount of one on one tackles week in week out.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I hate the idea of Wakeham at hooker just let him develop as a halfback. I think he might be a victim of our shit depth at hooker and get used there.
Yup. If he isn't playing firstgrade then play him in reserves at halfback, let him continue to develop as a half like you said because his ceiling is far higher than the blokes starting ahead of him.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yup. If he isn't playing firstgrade then play him in reserves at halfback, let him continue to develop as a half like you said because his ceiling is far higher than the blokes starting ahead of him.
My number 1 concern with Wakeham playing in the middle is injury. He’s small and injury prone as it is making a bunch of tackles isn’t going to do him many favours.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
When we get Thompson would you’d rather him at prop or lock?