Official Strong squad named for Sharks trial

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
that's a surprisingly good squad with what is available ... credit to pay..

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
this game cannot be streamed for safety purposes, should in the likely event the Dogs win they wont show 10k locals rushing the field wanting to go toe to toe with the boys.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good team, not keen on our number 2 lol, but never have been. Apart from that it’s a strong pick..!!

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I thought this one was streaming on the nrl app?

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Will it be on a radio station if it’s not streamed?

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Fuck sake.. will have to just wait until it’s over to see highlights. Confident we will smash them though

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
in this day and age, its ridiculous to think that every single game isn't broadcast live in some capacity

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Interesting balance of some experience and looking forward to seeing the young fellas get a run in an 80min game.

- Tols at 13!
- Averillo may mean Meaney is injured.
Good chance to suss out who out of Okunbor and Averillo is good to go for the other wing spot.

Last edited:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
in this day and age, its ridiculous to think that every single game isn't broadcast live in some capacity
they have a dedicated NRL channel on Fox that struggles for content during the off season

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Glad they’re obviously considering Tolman as a lock moving forward. It’s the most obvious fit for him. He doesn’t offer great impact as a prop taking a hit up to start off a set and the lack of impact he has also makes him a waste on the bench. BUT you can’t deny the defensive clean up he offers so he can do that at lock and take hit ups here and there without having the pressure of starting off sets with big metres.

Fingers crossed Toomaga kills it starting and it continues into the season proper. Just a shame we’re playing a second string sharks side.
When I think of a lock I think of your more mobile and skilled forward that can play across the pack...Tolman doesn't come to mind. I guess as long as you have your 3 middles balanced then it probably doesn't matter what number they have on their back if they all play the required role.

Ideally I'd hope for a frontrow pairing of Napa/To'omaga with Thompson in the 13 moving forward. Obviously that depends on To'omaga getting the right conditioning, we know what he can do with the ball and we just need him to do it over a longer period. Napa is Napa, not the biggest fan but he can do the job. Think he also needs to be better conditioned and drop a little weight, needs to focus more on just making strong run and making his tackles, no need for the spectacular.

Thompson is an interesting one, I haven't seen him play much other than the odd game, highlights and stats, but for me he isn't your number 1 prop that gets you rolling forward and is more of a guy that will compliment them and not shy away from doing the tough stuff when required. But for me his strength is playing off some momentum and a bit of space, think in the NRL would suit him more but I guess it's a matter of where we need him most come 2021.

Personally I don't see a need to re-sign Tolman if things tick along nicely for us over the next year or two in regards to forward development and potential recruitment options.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
they have a dedicated NRL channel on Fox that struggles for content during the off season
Apart from actual games, they struggle for any decent content.

I can't watch any of those league shows, they are all cringe worthy

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't think Fox would get much profit out of broadcasting a trial out of PNG tbh...

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't think Fox would get much profit out of broadcasting a trial out of PNG tbh...
Yeah I know.. but seeing as the NRL pander to Rupert so much you would think they might be able to get some kinda favours once in a while

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah I know.. but seeing as the NRL pander to Rupert so much you would think they might be able to get some kinda favours once in a while
Rupert giving away money? No fcuking chance in hell.