News Adam Elliott backs young Bulldogs Jake Averillo and Renouf To’omaga to have breakout 2020 seasons

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I class him as a world class fullback. Not the first choice because he can play multiple positions where as ponga can’t he’s only good at the back. Dwz will play anywhere in the back five.
Lol c'mon. Teddy and RTS are the two top tier fullbacks and ahead of everyone else, these two are setting the standards in that position. Is DWZ up to their level? Because if you think he's a world class fullback then you're saying he is?

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still waiting for Elliot to have his breakout season.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Lol c'mon. Teddy and RTS are the two top tier fullbacks and ahead of everyone else, these two are setting the standards in that position. Is DWZ up to their level? Because if you think he's a world class fullback then you're saying he is?
He’s not at their level. But that’s not saying he’s not a world class fb. He’s captained New Zealand.. They wouldn’t just let any average fb captain them.
Plus turbo is up there aswell with rts and teddy

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He’s not at their level. But that’s not saying he’s not a world class fb. He’s captained New Zealand.. They wouldn’t just let any average fb captain them.
Plus turbo is up there aswell with rts and teddy
No, it is saying exactly that. Worldclass is the absolute best and DWZ isn't even close. Teddy and RTS do things week in week out, year after year, that DWZ is yet to do even two games in a row. He isn't worldcass, not even close. Him captaining a country does not make him worldclass lol.

Tommy isn't up their with Teddy or RTS, neither is Ponga. Yh they're freakishly gifted attackers, but are they consistently delivering top tier performances and executing various roles of that position? No. Tommy isn't that far off though imo so I guess it's up for debate.

People really need to calm down with DWZ, yes he done some good things at the back but there's still so much more that needs to be done. Offensively he has delivered very little and is yet even demonstrate he is even capable of doing the things some of the top tier fullbacks can do. He isn't splitting defences with a dangerous running game, he isn't creating chances with great vision or ball skills, he isn't chiming into backline plays with precision, he isn't rolling kicks in, he isn't easing pressure on the main playmakers, etc.

What I'm saying is that there's plenty of improvement to be made in so many areas, let him do that and on a consistent level before heaping on the pressure and claiming he's worldclass.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No, it is saying exactly that. Worldclass is the absolute best and DWZ isn't even close. Teddy and RTS do things week in week out, year after year, that DWZ is yet to do even two games in a row. He isn't worldcass, not even close. Him captaining a country does not make him worldclass lol.

Tommy isn't up their with Teddy or RTS, neither is Ponga. Yh they're freakishly gifted attackers, but are they consistently delivering top tier performances and executing various roles of that position? No. Tommy isn't that far off though imo so I guess it's up for debate.

People really need to calm down with DWZ, yes he done some good things at the back but there's still so much more that needs to be done. Offensively he has delivered very little and is yet even demonstrate he is even capable of doing the things some of the top tier fullbacks can do. He isn't splitting defences with a dangerous running game, he isn't creating chances with great vision or ball skills, he isn't chiming into backline plays with precision, he isn't rolling kicks in, he isn't easing pressure on the main playmakers, etc.

What I'm saying is that there's plenty of improvement to be made in so many areas, let him do that and on a consistent level before heaping on the pressure and claiming he's worldclass.
Salah and Sane are the biggest bitch divers to ever play football and VAR has gift wrapped the title to liverstool.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Pls dnt report me.
I’ll only report your spelling unless you join the adidas mafia haha. I hope the holiday calmed you down a bit mate. I like most of your posts but you were getting very angry

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thats how irrelevant he is, not worth remembering his real name
True very irrelevant, can't even score goals unless he's illegally pushing defenders out of the way.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well your definition of world class in wrong lol. Not to mention he isn't the first choice fullback.
If you don’t consider DWZ in the conversation of world class fullback, your a tough judge.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If you don’t consider DWZ in the conversation of world class fullback, your a tough judge.
Mate he has played like 5 games there for us and handful of others over the years for Panthers and country. He has limited offensive ability that I and others have mentioned I previous posts...how on earth is that worldclass? If you consider DWZ worldclass that you probably have a list of almost 100 players across the NRL at this stage.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Or falling over when someone blows on him
Or kicking the defender and falling over to win a penalty. Also Salah places the ball of the penalty spot and kicks the ball too hard when he takes the penalty, that's really unfair for the goal keeper.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

From a Kiwis perspective, DWZ was only fullback due to RTS unavailability and was captain due to the same reason for the National side.

DWZ does have leadership qualities and it would not surprise if he ends up being our long term club captain as he has mana (respect) with the teams he’s been involved in hence co captaining the Maoris this weekend

But

He is not a ‘world class fullback’......yet

As you pointed out that tag is only applicable at least at the minute to Teddy and RTS.

That said, injury free I think DWZ will add so much to our side this year and will gradually improve his attacking vision at the back to go with his barnstorming kick returns and deceptive speed/acceleration and communication to his wingers.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Or kicking the defender and falling over to win a penalty. Also Salah places the ball of the penalty spot and kicks the ball too hard when he takes the penalty, that's really unfair for the goal keeper.
Salah is still in Ashley Youngs pocket

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
From a Kiwis perspective, DWZ was only fullback due to RTS unavailability and was captain due to the same reason for the National side.

DWZ does have leadership qualities and it would not surprise if he ends up being our long term club captain as he has mana (respect) with the teams he’s been involved in hence co captaining the Maoris this weekend

But

He is not a ‘world class fullback’......yet

As you pointed out that tag is only applicable at least at the minute to Teddy and RTS.

That said, injury free I think DWZ will add so much to our side this year and will gradually improve his attacking vision at the back to go with his barnstorming kick returns and deceptive speed/acceleration and communication to his wingers.
Yes potential is there, defensively he does very well in terms of communicating like you mentioned and shifting numbers in the defensive line. Attacking the ball from the back he is again very good at while his kick returns are defenitely aggressive and can give you that feeling of inspiration, but going kamikaze style back into the line every kick isn't always going to be the smartest idea even if it looks spectacular lol.

But that's only half the game, we score fuck all and as a fullback he's going to be accountable for that along with other key players. The elusive running, ball playing, and all the other things you, I and others have mentioned are going to have to be on display on a consistent basis to even be in the conversation of worldclass.

So yes he might end up there like you said and I really hope he does because that sorts one issue, but to say he's there now and to put him up there with Teddy and RTS is laughable, these blokes are insanely good at almost every required skill, they've also carried some of the dumbest NRL sides to victory.

It's also laughable with the "your negative" comments whenever you don't worship someone as extraordinary, half the time these posters are blaming the players for making Pay look bad and then the next minute they're talking them up.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes potential is there, defensively he does very well in terms of communicating like you mentioned and shifting numbers in the defensive line. Attacking the ball from the back he is again very good at while his kick returns are defenitely aggressive and can give you that feeling of inspiration, but going kamikaze style back into the line every kick isn't always going to be the smartest idea even if it looks spectacular lol.

But that's only half the game, we score fuck all and as a fullback he's going to be accountable for that along with other key players. The elusive running, ball playing, and all the other things you, I and others have mentioned are going to have to be on display on a consistent basis to even be in the conversation of worldclass.

So yes he might end up there like you said and I really hope he does because that sorts one issue, but to say he's there now and to put him up there with Teddy and RTS is laughable, these blokes are insanely good at almost every required skill, they've also carried some of the dumbest NRL sides to victory.

It's also laughable with the "your negative" comments whenever you don't worship someone as extraordinary, half the time these posters are blaming the players for making Pay look bad and then the next minute they're talking them up.
Im good mates with a few ex Warriors boys and some were over for bbq last weekend (Si, Ali and Henry) old skool guys and I said ‘Roger is singlehandedly holding the Warriors together, if he wasn’t there Warriors are spoon favs every year ‘

He’s one player I would pay 1.5m a season for