Official Api Koroisau was off to the Dogs — everyone knew it.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
What a poorly constructed article lol. I got half way through this and saw some shit about his wife and other irrelevant nonsense. Dunno how some people get these gigs
I get how it comes across like that but it is kinda nice to hear he has a solid family life now. The guys girlfriend committed suicide and he found her.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Id like to see the two actual offers guaranteed Penrith offered more i dont buy his warm fuzzy bs story

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
More worrying is that anyone can have a chat with someone and they dont wanna sign with us
and his replacement in Kotoa called us to ask for an opportunity, this concerns me
Why is it concerning?
Api had a history at both Penrith and with Barrett at Manly (now assistant to Cleary) so it makes total sense that he’d ‘go home’.

As for Kotoa, once he knew the Panthers had signed Api he wasn’t going to be first choice hooker - and looked elsewhere - exactly how Api would’ve felt when he found out that Fainu was Manly’s first choice rake.

I don’t think it reflects badly on the Dogs at all.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think the Dogs got the better part of the whole deal. We have Katoa for a longer term, hes much younger and
I think he offers just as much as this turkey.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah read a little bit and lost interest. I'm glad he's not wearing a dogs jersey, he doesn't deserve the privilege. I'm 100% certain he will live to regret the call though. I think Cleary and his son are so overrated.
Man I’m glad I’m not the only one I don’t even see them doing well this year , I think coach Cleary was good but after dogging the tigers every player who Plays for him and has a conversation with someone who knows the nrl will ask and have the same thing in their mind . Cleary dogged the boys hard . We dodged a bullet anyway

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good for you Api... I hope U do your ACL and Ivan is stick with a 10 game hooker for the season.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I couldn’t be bothered reading it all... wasn’t interesting enough...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
“For me it was probably the chat I had with Ivan.
“I had already met with the Bulldogs and had spoken to a couple of other teams by then and it wasn’t until a week and a half, maybe two weeks after I had spoken to the Bulldogs that Ivan called my manager.
“He spoke a lot about how my off-field was going. He didn’t really talk too much footy which was different and good for me.
“I felt like there was more of a connection there and that’s what resonated with me.

Bulldogs DNA... Not sure how you find out if someone has it if you're not talking about how they're going off-field. There is probably some BS to this anyways and he's just saying standard media stuff. In reality he got an offer to join a better club than us currently and probably more money too.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
“I had already met with the Bulldogs and had spoken to a couple of other teams by then and it wasn’t until a week and a half, maybe two weeks after I had spoken to the Bulldogs that Ivan called my manager.
“He spoke a lot about how my off-field was going. He didn’t really talk too much footy which was different and good for me.
“I felt like there was more of a connection there and that’s what resonated with me.

Bulldogs DNA... Not sure how you find out if someone has it if you're not talking about how they're going off-field. There is probably some BS to this anyways and he's just saying standard media stuff. In reality he got an offer to join a better club than us currently and probably more money too.
better club than us currently? lol what? they just had the best thing about the club (Gus) walk away from them, as well as half their squad, and now they are stuck with Ivan.. more money for sure

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why is it concerning?
Api had a history at both Penrith and with Barrett at Manly (now assistant to Cleary) so it makes total sense that he’d ‘go home’.

As for Kotoa, once he knew the Panthers had signed Api he wasn’t going to be first choice hooker - and looked elsewhere - exactly how Api would’ve felt when he found out that Fainu was Manly’s first choice rake.

I don’t think it reflects badly on the Dogs at all.
Well we have barely landed a decent recruitment blow in years was my point. Taking out this individual player its much the same story each time.
What happened if Katoa had another offer? Would we have signed a hooker?

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Mate Ivan stiffles the whole team's attack and lets his son take all the glory. Why do you think they won jackshit even Maloney there?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Well we have barely landed a decent recruitment blow in years was my point. Taking out this individual player its much the same story each time.
What happened if Katoa had another offer? Would we have signed a hooker?
Why speculate? We’ve got JMK and we’ve got Katoa which should see us through 2020 no problem. We’ve been restricted with who we could recruit which is well known. Luckily from 2021 onwards those days are in the past. I’d expect more 2021 signing announcements in the coming months...

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why speculate? We’ve got JMK and we’ve got Katoa which should see us through 2020 no problem. We’ve been restricted with who we could recruit which is well known. Luckily from 2021 onwards those days are in the past. I’d expect more 2021 signing announcements in the coming months...
Didn't you just speculate as to why Katoa wanted to leave the Panthers also? Then assumed it doesnt reflect the current situation?

Doesn't matter, i can see we aren't going to agree on this. JMK is a fine hooker clearly

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Didn't you just speculate as to why Katoa wanted to leave the Panthers also? Then assumed it doesnt reflect the current situation?

Doesn't matter, i can see we aren't going to agree on this. JMK is a fine hooker clearly
Yes, I did speculate but I think a fair assumption with Api in the same boat. Very different to what you suggested re: Katoa and another offer.

Anyway, probably best to leave it - you’re right unlikely to agree and no worries.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
better club than us currently? lol what? they just had the best thing about the club (Gus) walk away from them, as well as half their squad, and now they are stuck with Ivan.. more money for sure
I feel the same.. they didn’t exactly set the world on fire last year and they keep releasing good players...

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
One thing I dislike is it was “done” yet two weeks later... but concerning we could let a player as mediocre as api slip.

Anyway it is what it is. No big loss but still some concerns there

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I feel the same.. they didn’t exactly set the world on fire last year and they keep releasing good players...
I can easily see them at the bottom of the ladder this year, and for many seasons to come.. Gus held the club together while he was there but the re-signing of Ivan was the first of many backwards steps for them

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
One thing I dislike is it was “done” yet two weeks later... but concerning we could let a player as mediocre as api slip.

Anyway it is what it is. No big loss but still some concerns there
The club never said a word, so it was never formally 'done'.
It may have been 'done' through leaks in the media etc, but that's it.
And yes, I agree, no big loss and certainly not worth a bidding war.
If anything I think he's joined a team on the way down, not the way up (like I believe we are).