News Paul Alamoti

CeeEss

Kennel Established
Reaction score
It’s obvious it’s boys against men in that. Should move him up to Ball and see how he goes. He’s locked up long term too.
He played Harold Matt’s last year as a 15 year old and still dominated. I think the step up to Ball is too much, kids can grow a lot from 16-18 and he’d be effectively playing against men. He’d probably still handle it but I’d still let him develop and grow into his body.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Patrick Templeman anyone LOL ... all fizzle after nothing but huge buzz and predictions.
There’s no guarantee any junior will kick on and play first grade. We can only evaluate them on who they are playing and by all reports this kid is killing it. The step up from u16 to u18 isn’t that big. It’s the u18 to u20 transition when kids are filling out and you can’t just run over small players anymore that we need to keep an eye on

stingray

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There’s no guarantee any junior will kick on and play first grade. We can only evaluate them on who they are playing and by all reports this kid is killing it. The step up from u16 to u18 isn’t that big. It’s the u18 to u20 transition when kids are filling out and you can’t just run over small players anymore that we need to keep an eye on
Nice some good points there

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Not a bad thread, some sweet comments from all. Looks the goods too.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He played Harold Matt’s last year as a 15 year old and still dominated. I think the step up to Ball is too much, kids can grow a lot from 16-18 and he’d be effectively playing against men. He’d probably still handle it but I’d still let him develop and grow into his body.
Probably a bit selfish from me but I’d love to see if he could do that up a grade. I have a feeling he probably could!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s obvious it’s boys against men in that. Should move him up to Ball and see how he goes. He’s locked up long term too.
Its not just about size though... his got an all round game in him. Draw, flick pass. Penalty, quick tap. Kids a footballer not just a wrecking ball. Kasiano was the same and could have become anything if the fat ***** would get fit.

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This kid is special, definitely the best talent in the juniors since Barba/ SBW. Can see him playing first grade at 18.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hopefully he is another SBW/Barba.. and less of a Afu,Groom, Ngawini, Templeton (props to anyone who remembers the first three).

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully he is another SBW/Barba.. and less of a Afu,Groom, Ngawini, Templeton (props to anyone who remembers the first three).
Billy Ngawini, mid noughties, half back if I remember rightly, went to union.
Paki Afu, wasted talent, the 2 year Mormon mission probably saved his life.
Can't help with Groom, sorry

Go Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wonder if their highlight clips are still on YouTube!?!

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Ngawini was actually a hooker and Groom was a halfback that played a handful of games around 07-08.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Ngawini was actually a hooker and Groom was a halfback that played a handful of games around 07-08.
I just checked and I wasn't totally wrong, Ngawini did play halfback and then tried at hooker. Some trivia, he's now coaching union in Ireland.

Go Dogs

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Go Dogs
Aaron Groom.

Played a few games of FG for us in 2008. According to some kennelers, he was the next immortal.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Aaron Groom.

Played a few games of FG for us in 2008. According to some kennelers, he was the next immortal.
Haha that’s right when the kennel axed Folksey god rest his soul for not playing him enough.
Thankfully we don’t have a young Fijian half who can also play hooker that the current coach hasn’t played as much as the kennel would’ve liked................... oh shit

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Haha that’s right when the kennel axed Folksey god rest his soul for not playing him enough.
Thankfully we don’t have a young Fijian half who can also play hooker that the current coach hasn’t played as much as the kennel would’ve liked................... oh shit
Mate

It's not like we have a golden boot nominee in reggies for us to rage about.

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any updates on this lad?
Is he still in our system?
I bloody hope so...

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha ha, I remember Paki Afu- Aaron You Tube Groom and Billy Ngawini (the kennels version of Cameron Smith)