Official 9’s Game Thread

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Saying someone has no heart for their defence in the Nines is losing their shit in my opinion.

Jayden is a scapegoat to some degree for that defensive edge in general. He has issues in defence but too many times the horse has well and truly bolted when he's left defending a 2/3 on 1 over lap.

Meaney, Montoya and whoever else has played on that wing has been left hanging over the last few years. Hopefully the structures have been worked on over the off season.
I agree but do think he needs to find more aggression in all aspects of his game

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Loved Morris's solo effort, should of been a doggy for life.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I saw the whole 9s as a training run and an opportunity for Pay to see where some of our players are at. How could it be any different when your playing Ryan and half of what could be our first grade team. It is a different beast in both attack and defense. Its like watching touch to some degree.
As for wingers I just don't sense Okunbor will ever be good defensively. It was a tuff gig with alot of ground to cover for him defensively but I just feel he just doesnt have it. He cant read a play and by the time he makes a decision its all over. If somehow Im right, I dont see how opposition coaches dont know this already which is worrying. He didnt look comfortable taking the high ball. Perhaps that was nerves going on previous experience but we dont have time for that. Perhaps Im being too harsh seeing as it was a different format.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Yeah don't have much confidence in our young guys tbh… RT is the pick of the bunch but we'll find out this yr is he is nothing but depth or a solid first grader. RFM I feel is done at the dogs, absolute gun on his day and his finally playing through the middle but his already glass as it is so how long will he last there. Ogden just keeps disappointing.. lost faith. Sue as u said, meh and Britt to small to add anything other than a fill in for a short time.

If not JFH then anyone similar so we can push Napa to the bench..
If Napa isn't starting then he can go to another club, not interested in having a player on his pay sitting on the bench and forking out more coin for someone else to do his job.

Yh I agree with you on RFM, just copping too many injuries and i could easily see him being let go even with him providing such good impact through the middle. If we could retain him on a reduced contract then that would be great but I don't see it happening.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Loved Morris's solo effort, should of been a doggy for life.
Tempting to see JMoz's efforts as the revenge of JMoz, but while it seems he perhaps felt he should have been more valued by the Dogs at the end of his career, most of what he did was a response to the stuff with the Sharks in the last month or so.

In any case, good on him. We've had it happen to us before, past players getting one over us, sometimes you just have to applaud and say "well done, see ya next time".

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Napa isn't starting then he can go to another club, not interested in having a player on his pay sitting on the bench and forking out more coin for someone else to do his job.

Yh I agree with you on RFM, just copping too many injuries and i could easily see him being let go even with him providing such good impact through the middle. If we could retain him on a reduced contract then that would be great but I don't see it happening.
Your not wrong and a Napa and Thommo front row should work out...

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoppa can kick and quite well actually
His defence is a massive liability.
One try assist woopy doo, he had all the ball in attack, bet if wakeham was the general he would have set up 3 and scored one himself.
I just cannot understand why he cannot learn how to tackle and be aggressive in defence.
What did he do in the off season?
Mate, don't get me wrong I want all our players to flourish and improve from last year and kiss ass.
They should have sent him to Lachlan Lewis folks place in the off season, so he can tackle tractor tyres all summer long.
Lucky Hoppa has such a awesome kicking game! I’m sure the opposition wouldn’t load up on Lewis on the last tackle because he’s the only kicker.....

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score

I hate Napa starting and yeah agree about the coin on the bench part. If Britt can have impact in the middle like he did on the weekend id happily have him rotate with Napa heavily to try give them as many short stints as possible to try get more explosive play out of them... but yeah will have to wait and see how Britt goes in NRL with us first

MasterP

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Cogger playing for himself, where Wakeham was playing to win. Cogger kick chasing in a 9s tournament and Wakeham trying little trick shots to make something happen.