We need to do something about Mobile Ads!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ads in bloody every thread, get rid of them, fucken ridiculous now.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is a joke. I dont come to the forums as much because of this shit.

Screenshot_20200216-123647_Chrome.jpg

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The most annoying thing at present is that I try to navigate to another page and it's redirecting to a full page advert between pages on the kennel. It doesn't happen on any site but this one.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I will see if I can have a word to the site owners. I agree, the ads on mobile are crazy. I mostly try to use my computer with adblock.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
FYI Wipr works beautifully on both mobile and desktop. The only disadvantage is you have to disable it to play video on selected sites including the Dogs and NRL websites - so if you don’t mind taking a few seconds to disable and re-enable it as needed, I find it to be a great solution across the board.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
FYI Wipr works beautifully on both mobile and desktop. The only disadvantage is you have to disable it to play video on selected sites including the Dogs and NRL websites - so if you don’t mind taking a few seconds to disable and re-enable it as needed, I find it to be a great solution across the board.
I'll have to look into it. On my last phone I installed some form of ad blocker and was never able to watch another video from the official Bulldogs site because I couldn't find the ad blocker to uninstall or disable it.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I'll have to look into it. On my last phone I installed some form of ad blocker and was never able to watch another video from the official Bulldogs site because I couldn't find the ad blocker to uninstall or disable it.
Wipr is easy mate. Takes a few seconds either way. PM me if you want more.

PS - I’m referring to iOS and MacOS. I’m sure it’s also OK for Android and/or Windows too, I just haven’t tried it.

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Adblock is great for Chrome, but it does not work on mobile. I think you need to use an adblock browser and bugger that. I suspect most other adblockers on mobile are the same.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Adblock is great for Chrome, but it does not work on mobile. I think you need to use an adblock browser and bugger that. I suspect most other adblockers on mobile are the same.
Wipr works for me on Safari, Chrome and Firefox no issues.

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I'll give it a go

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok so sounds like Android is behind in this area

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Ok so sounds like Android is behind in this area
I think it’s more a case that Google owns Chrome so actively disrupts ad-blockers because of how it makes its money. Apple cares less about this so ad-blockers in Safari are generally more effective.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I use Brave on my Andriod and it's awesome.

No ads at all.

Papa Emeritus

Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
ps I spoke to Habs and he will review the ad situation closer to the season start

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here?
Did this ever get looked at?
I sometimes can't see content because It is just ads on top of text and it makes the kennel look somewhat dodgy and scammy.