We need to sign Fidow

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to sign this kid, put him
On the wing and guarantee him first grade... storm did it with Addo Carr who was looking for an opportunity

Okunbor
Meaney
Crichton
Montoya
Holland

do not belong in first grade, meaney a good depth player, he’s too small these days compared to the modern winger..

smith and Fidow would be a deadly wing combination with Hoppa and centre with another recruit. And of course dwz fullback...

make it happen dogs!! He’s on a development deal at the moment!

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need to sign this kid, put him
On the wing and guarantee him first grade... storm did it with Addo Carr who was looking for an opportunity

Okunbor
Meaney
Crichton
Montoya
Holland

do not belong in first grade, meaney a good depth player, he’s too small these days compared to the modern winger..

smith and Fidow would be a deadly wing combination with Hoppa and centre with another recruit. And of course dwz fullback...

make it happen dogs!! He’s on a development deal at the moment!
Definitely do not agree in regards to meaney he will be a gun but okunbor is a worry

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He looks a goer, but definitely need to see what he can produce in FG.. there has always been standouts at the Nines who never kicked on.. Meaney is locked in for mine and I really hope Jayden can step up and cement his spot

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Remember the wankfest over Gideon Gela-Mosby after the 2016 Nines? He went on to do nothing in the NRL. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if the same thing happens here.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember the wankfest over Gideon Gela-Mosby after the 2016 Nines? He went on to do nothing in the NRL. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if the same thing happens here.
Moseby was tinier then el Masri lol... and he’s a thug

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moseby was tinier then el Masri lol... and he’s a thug
They are both relying on their pace though. You’d want to see him do more then scoring a couple of ran away tries at Nines before crowning him the next Addo Car.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are both relying on their pace though. You’d want to see him do more then scoring a couple of ran away tries at Nines before crowning him the next Addo Car.
He’s got speed, skill, strength, can play fullback, centre and wing... dominated union and dominated lower graded. Scored 13 tries in 6 games, and made Australian schoolboys in his first year of league... its funny

all of this isnt enough but everyone was excited when we signed meaney even though he never even represented Australian schoolboys

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I saw Mosby was goooone the other day, cant remember where though?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He looks a goer, but definitely need to see what he can produce in FG.. there has always been standouts at the Nines who never kicked on.. Meaney is locked in for mine and I really hope Jayden can step up and cement his spot
Okunbor has no chance... He's just not a rugby league player. I had hopes on his balls dropping and getting some mongrel into him but his just a straight out pussy.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okunbor has no chance... He's just not a rugby league player. I had hopes on his balls dropping and getting some mongrel into him but his just a straight out pussy.
Best thing for him is to retire lol

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He’s got speed, skill, strength, can play fullback, centre and wing... dominated union and dominated lower graded. Scored 13 tries in 6 games, and made Australian schoolboys in his first year of league... its funny

all of this isnt enough but everyone was excited when we signed meaney even though he never even represented Australian schoolboys
How much have you seen of him before the Nines? His pace would give him a massive advantage in the juniors it will be very interesting to see how he goes in the NRL if he gets a chance.

Using the Australian Schoolboys as a barometer for future success isn’t the best either. Take a look at the teams over the years and there’s not as many players that go on to make a career in the NRL as you think.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't understand the negativity on meaney. He has speed to burn. Very reliable goalkicker.
Whilst we brought him in as a potential fullback we got lucky with DWZ and we got lucky with unearthing Meaney as a good winger. I'm anticipating a massive improvement in his game this year.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Meaney has a chance. The rest I agree with. People saying Meaney is as good as JAC or better are delusional (and literally sick). JAC is first winger picked for NSW and Australia. I'd be suprised if HTF (Fidow) was THAT good the Cowboys don't have him locked up before he got a chance to show himself. Also Cowboys have one spot in their top 30 so if HTF is that good he will be elevated beforehand otherwise you'll see him mid season. Anyone we sign is going to be a risk because even a kid like this is going to cost us more than what he's shown or worth (at this present moment - by the time he does show us what he's got it's too late). We're not going to be keeping the exact same squad we have now so people need to start getting their head around it.

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yea agree, shouldn’t be in FG, just doesn’t have the refined skills, had long enough to sort it out now. Gone an give someone else a go.