Bulldogs Nine's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
See thats kind of the point, we need to throw the ball around and change our attack, and the nines is the perfect format to do it, if we cant do it here then there is some serious issues, its not that hard to move the ball around, i seen most teams do it
You’re assuming we are making major changes to our attack though. I don’t think they are. Unless some of our playmakers have dramatic improvements or we buy new players we are going to continue to try have to grind out results.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine if Titans get their shit together...
The titans will be switched on this year at Helens we’re a class above last year in super league Holbrook will shake the place up

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
loser..jpg

LOL... Anybody who knows anything about rugby league would see the nines was used by the club to try out players for the upcoming season.

It was a training drill and try-outs and to think otherwise is just plain moronic.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Personally I think there is a lot more risk of injury in the 9's especially in the finals because players cool down and then are expected to go high intensity multiple times..

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
That and we had very little ball which will always kill you in this format. What stood out for me was Okunbor’s exposure on the wing - I don’t believe he should be in the team come Round 1, he needs lots of polish if he’s to make it at all in my view.
To be honest, I’ve never been a fan of his at all. So I agree.. GONE !!

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Well “let’s hope” none of the eels stars get injured and miss round 1 ;)

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The biggest thing to me is I don't see competitive "spirit" in him. He's just too passive in his actions and decisions. At least Harper and Averillo have that. Okunbor doesn't look hungry at all and instead just happy to be there.
People raving about him when there are young wingers like Fidow out there...

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nines is a joke competition.

Has zero impact on the regular season unless injuries happen.
100% and we would all be blowing up deluxe if we copped an injury to the likes of Corey right before round 1 in a competition that old men and retired AFL players featured in

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Why? I don’t blame him for that he’s giving everyone a run
Yup better to take the chance now an see where each player is at an make sure to pick the correct formula for game 1.

I will give pay the benefit of the doubt right now as the season hasn’t even started, BUT if it’s like game 2 of the nines 4 games in that benefit will turn to huge doubt very quickly.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Since when have we been a side that throws it around and has free flowing attack? Without any major roster changes in the spine there’s not going to be any major change to our attack it doesn’t matter if it’s NRL or Nines.
Gotta go back to The Entertainers days for that. It's been a while sadly. Nearly 40 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.