2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Anasta just nailed it.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd rather we get injuries if it means bringing and playing a better team (obviously don't play injury prone players). I understand it tho but when you bring on Ryan to play in the middle for half the game it's a piss take and there is no way around it.
Haha, you'd rather see our players get injured in a nonsense 9's game to play a "better team"....take a valium mate, the actual season hasn't started yet.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'd rather we get injuries if it means bringing and playing a better team (obviously don't play injury prone players). I understand it tho but when you bring on Ryan to play in the middle for half the game it's a piss take and there is no way around it.

probably one of the last times we will see BobCat on any stage so just enjoy it.. the Nines is purely for entertainment and I really don't understand how anybody even assumed the same team was going to be rolled out

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
probably one of the last times we will see BobCat on any stage so just enjoy it.. the Nines is purely for entertainment and I really don't understand how anybody even assumed the same team was going to be rolled out
NRL is entertainment. I want to be competitive. You make fans angry at a Legend (that isn't Gidley) that shouldn't even be playing especially for how long he did and where. Piss take.

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Pay selects the team not CHN

We had a great opportunity to beat Sharks if he picked a full strength side ie same team as yesterday or at least lose by a couple

But wholesale changes equals hiding equals back to Belmore
Haha wasn’t having a go at him mate, just pointing it out

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Haha, you'd rather see our players get injured in a nonsense 9's game to play a "better team"....take a valium mate, the actual season hasn't started yet.
Yes I would. Especially with what's expected of us next season. I think it's much better than ruining the confidence we've built up over the end of last year and the first game of the 9's (we should of brought a slightly better team anyways). That game literally could kill Okunbor's career.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nah mate risk it all for a Mickey Mouse game that no one will even remember by Round 2.

Suave

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No idea why Ryan played so many minutes. We were never a chance with that slug-like dummy half play. If you name CHN captain you’d think he’d play both games, even off the bench.

Anyway, the excitement generated from game 1 has now been cancelled out so we’re back to square one. Don’t want to read too much into a Mickey Mouse tournament but would’ve been nice to give the fans something to get psyched about leading into the season.

Squash the Berries!

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next Dogs coach?

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
NRL is entertainment. I want to be competitive. You make fans angry at a Legend (that isn't Gidley) that shouldn't even be playing especially for how long he did and where. Piss take.

Clearly the NRL don't see the value in the competitive element seeing as they schedule it right before round 1/ when the premiers are on tour

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’d like to see Harper before Averillo in first grade. Maybe I’m being harsh but these two seem to be better all round footballers without such glaring obvious deficiencies
Don't think Harper can do wing... His always been a centre. Averillo can do anything from 1-6

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
With the possession the Sharks had we would have lost that no matter who played for us.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure, let’s field a team with all our best players so that when they get injured in a useless 9s match we can replace them with our amazing depth.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
fuck there are some boneheads on TK.. why would you risk the same guys when we saw at least two injuries to first grade players last night.
Not to mention Dufty today with a fractured cheek bone.