Official 9’s Game Thread

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Here’s a few scenarios on what we need to progress.
- beat Sharks and we are through. The other game doesn’t matter. If Dragons win they will probably top the group on F/A and we will top the group if Eels win.
- we lose by less then 8 points and Dragons win.
- we could still go through with a very narrow loss to the Sharks and the Eels having a very narrow win over the Dragons. We have a 6 point better point differential over the Eels so this could get us through but it’s unlikely.

Just beat the Sharks and we won’t have to worry about getting the calculator out!

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Cogger answered all the critics. His kicking and control was first class.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Although probably not their format, Ofa and Britt played very well too. Pay is going to have some tough choices in the forward pack if they keep up yesterday's form.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Think he kicked once? Regardless even though his got a heart of a bulldog his still a massive liability in defence.
I know it was only 18 mins of footy but I'm still undecided on the cogger vs wakeham debate.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Like faq he did, he is worse than shit worse than last year, all of the off season to learn how to tackle and nada.
He is even slower than last year but most of all is a cat has no heart
I think Cogger answered all the critics. His kicking and control was first class.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Although probably not their format, Ofa and Britt played very well too. Pay is going to have some tough choices in the forward pack if they keep up yesterday's form.
You can see they're definitely battling it out... Considering RFM is out for the first month and Sue is coming of an injury one of them will get that last spot on the bench.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
britt looked solid
Britt got belted a few times but he got better and better for it... Handy pick up and would be very happy as an extremely decent depth prop.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought Ben Marshcke was pretty solid other than his mistake off the kickoff. Seems to work hard in the middle there in attack and defense.

Positive signs with this squad. There's a lot of young guys and depth giving it a real crack.
Yeah thats Marshcke. Hard worker in the middle... Both twins go alright and are decent Ccup players.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
A special mention to Toa mata'afa he set up Harper for our first try.I thought he played pretty good too.
The whole team looks fit especially Wakeham and Britt.
I was surprised about Britt he might be in for a big year.
Ogden has lost some weight and looks fit.
I know its the 9s but we look so much better when we throw the ball around it showed at the back end of last year with our defense.
BBO is 18 this year and i see him playing alot of Ccup this year, this kid is going be good so much confidence already.
Look out 2021!

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A special mention to Toa mata'afa he set up Harper for our first try.I thought he played pretty good too.
The whole team looks fit especially Wakeham and Britt.
I was surprised about Britt he might be in for a big year.
Ogden has lost some weight and looks fit.
I know its the 9s but we look so much better when we throw the ball around it showed at the back end of last year with our defense.
BBO is 18 this year and i see him playing alot of Ccup this year, this kid is going be good so much confidence already.
Look out 2021!
Definitely looking lean and strong. Couple of soft breakaways but in 13 a side there’d be someone defending in that hole.

Here’s hoping they’re mentally tough for the games today that have stuff riding on them

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Here’s a few scenarios on what we need to progress.
- beat Sharks and we are through. The other game doesn’t matter. If Dragons win they will probably top the group on F/A and we will top the group if Eels win.
- we lose by less then 8 points and Dragons win.
- we could still go through with a very narrow loss to the Sharks and the Eels having a very narrow win over the Dragons. We have a 6 point better point differential over the Eels so this could get us through but it’s unlikely.

Just beat the Sharks and we won’t have to worry about getting the calculator out!
Lol that’s what I said last night
Beat Sharks we go to playoffs

Sharks looked horrible so if we dominate possession we will win

I like the starting team we had and with CHN coming off bench fresh he’s hard to handle

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lol that’s what I said last night
Beat Sharks we go to playoffs

Sharks looked horrible so if we dominate possession we will win

I like the starting team we had and with CHN coming off bench fresh he’s hard to handle
Don't expect the sharks to play like that again, they are a much better side on paper then that game suggested..

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Someone needs to back up Britt, he got his ball carrying arm free a few times but there was no one there for him to pass it to. After the 3rd watching, looking at what was happening off the ball, Cogger did a lot of behind the line organising, setting the shape for the backline. Ogden drew 3 tacklers most runs and that created spacing issues for Parramatta, gaps in the middle and/or outside. Also didn’t enable them to have anyone hanging back for the kick through. Harper has a “football brain”, with good positional play in both offence and defence, run around, inside outside passing, some clever stuff that goes unnoticed with 1 watching. There was a lot to like in that game.

Bring on game 2, hopefully they will continue to play in the same vane.

Go Dogs

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't expect the sharks to play like that again, they are a much better side on paper then that game suggested..
Reckon? Wade Graham is good but eh.. Shaun Johnson is nowhere near as good as he once was, J Moz doesn't want to be in the team, Woods is Woods, and the rest are juniors

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Someone needs to back up Britt, he got his ball carrying arm free a few times but there was no one there for him to pass it to. After the 3rd watching, looking at what was happening off the ball, Cogger did a lot of behind the line organising, setting the shape for the backline. Ogden drew 3 tacklers most runs and that created spacing issues for Parramatta, gaps in the middle and/or outside. Also didn’t enable them to have anyone hanging back for the kick through. Harper has a “football brain”, with good positional play in both offence and defence, run around, inside outside passing, some clever stuff that goes unnoticed with 1 watching. There was a lot to like in that game.

Bring on game 2, hopefully they will continue to play in the same vane.

Go Dogs
Where are you seeing the full match, Fox, or online?

Offloads appear to be the way to go, along with smart kicking, make use of all the space out there. A linebreak turns into a try most of the time.