Official 9’s Game Thread

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Composure stood out for me.. also playing as a unit with numbers in tackles.. gave Parra little to work with, especially Mitch Moses who I tipped to be player of the tournament again

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I felt we had a chance, but it is still surprising. What do you reckon was the biggest single factor in the win? Defense?
We actually looked fit, thought that was the biggest thing as it allowed us to scramble well and that's pretty much what you need in this format when you're required to cover more ground. We also sent a more suitable side compared to previous years. Parra also looked really sloppy but that could've been down to them thinking they were going to walk through us and not handling the pressure when we actually turned up and asked questions of them.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bryson Goodwin back with the dirty bunnies I see.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm normally a staunch defender of Jayden but he won't be around long if he doesn't start showing some mongrel because our other young blokes are hungry
Don't know why the club resigned him tbh. He isn't that good.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nothing better seeing likes of Eels, Sharks, Roosters, Bunnies losing

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't know why the club resigned him tbh. He isn't that good.
He is so big and so fit he just needs to remind himself before he hits the field.. disappointing

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Think some people need to pump the breaks on writing off players defence on one showing at the Nines. It’s so easy to get isolated with the extra space and it can make even the best defender look stupid.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How quick is Meaney!
Fingerson had a 10mtr head start when Wakeham kicked the ball and Fingerson just got there in the last second..I reckon if the ball went another 5mtrs longer, Meaney would have scored.
Fingerson...never gets old. So funny

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
How quick is Meaney!
Fingerson had a 10mtr head start when Wakeham kicked the ball and Fingerson just got there in the last second..I reckon if the ball went another 5mtrs longer, Meaney would have scored.
Lol fingerson!

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Think some people need to pump the breaks on writing off players defence on one showing at the Nines. It’s so easy to get isolated with the extra space and it can make even the best defender look stupid.
Agree. Watched the highlights and it hits you right away how much space there is out there. Keeping Parra down to 2 tries is incredibly impressive. It is too different a game to start getting into defensive and offensive strategies. Better take aways from the nines would be fitness, athleticism, and enthusiasm.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Take Cook, Murray and co over only to lose to the Tigers.. lol@souffs!

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
CHN is a weapon edge back rower... not saying anything Everyone doesn’t already know but straight fire in attack

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Agree. Watched the highlights and it hits you right away how much space there is out there. Keeping Parra down to 2 tries is incredibly impressive. It is too different a game to start getting into defensive and offensive strategies. Better take aways from the nines would be fitness, athleticism, and enthusiasm.
Totally agree, everything about the Nines favours the attacker. You can’t commit numbers into a tackle because if there’s a offload a line break is very likely then the ball movement is so quick and there’s so much space it’s very hard to number up.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
After watching Britt last season I thought he might just work out to be a good acquisition. It’s only 9’s and 1 game but he was pretty damn good, arguably the best player in both sides. Hope he can continue in that vane.

Go Dogs

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Totally agree, everything about the Nines favours the attacker. You can’t commit numbers into a tackle because if there’s a offload a line break is very likely then the ball movement is so quick and there’s so much space it’s very hard to number up.
Exactly, both our tries came from offloads 5 metres from the line. Hoping to see a choice offload from Britt tomorrow, he must have some in him, his old man delivered some beauties.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can’t see old Bobcat getting a start tomorrow now we have a live game with a real shot of progressing.