Computer/Console Talk/Gaming Super Thread

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Finally finished Death Stranding.

I put off playing this game 'cause every explanation I heard of the game made me think "I would absolutely hate this game"

And the explanations are fairly accurate. Seriously. The game is a delivery simulator. You spend most of the game delivering items from point A to point B.

But I loved it. The game manages to make menial tasks feel interesting and challenging. And the story is amazing. It's told mainly through cutscenes so you can just watch all the cutscenes on YouTube to get the full story, but there are some key points in the game that won't hit home unless you play through it yourself.

The game itself is a metaphor for loneliness and making connections. It's not a subtle metaphor either. It basically slams it in your face the whole game. But at the same time it has interesting nuances that hint at a deeper story. There's many twists too and it gives you enough hints throughout the game to figure them out before they arrive, but they still hold much impact.

There's so much I loved about the game. So many things that kept bringing me back. Honestly, it may be effectively a delivery simulator but it's one with amazing strategic depth to it.

But the biggest thing for me was the performances. Norman Reedus is his usual self. Never really puts on anything more interesting than what he does in Walking Dead. He's not the best actor. But he's perfect for this role. Most of the scenes he doesn't say anything. He only talks if it's needed to drive on the story. And it works perfectly as it gives you an Affinity for the character. He's a guy who doesn't like people and doesn't want to make connections. He sells that point well and it also adds to the connection you make with him as the main character.

The other actors though, absolutely amazing. Full of deep monologues, and I honestly think the character of Higgs is Troy Baker's pinnacle role. Considering that he played Booker Dewitt in Bioshock Infinte and Joel in the Last of Us, that shows how good his performance is in this.

It's a long game, there's much that would be considered tedious, but it's 100% my favourite game of 2019. Absolutely brilliant.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
New(ish) game on Android and iOS called Sega Heroes. It's like a connect 3 puzzle game where when you connect 3 colours, the character assigned to that colour attacks an opposing character. It's pretty fun, I'm at level 42 right now.

Great nostalgia with many awesome Sega characters across multiple platforms over the years return transforming your phone into a handheld console :D

View attachment 12984

^ Banner from their Reddit page: https://www.reddit.com/r/Sega_Heroes/

Official website: https://www.sega.com/games/segaheroes

Gameplay. Simply connect 3 then watch the animated attack/action :grinning:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Zeal & Ardor makes everything better

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Zeal & Ardor makes everything better

Looks like Gears of War mixed with The Division and Destiny. Seen gameplay and as Shania Twain famously said, that don't impress me much. Just another clone shooter and looter.

A

Alexander the Great

Has anyone checked out the new Rugby League Team Manager game on steam?

I have been balls deep into it. Very in depth but the graphics are a bit meh.

A

Alexander the Great

New(ish) game on Android and iOS called Sega Heroes. It's like a connect 3 puzzle game where when you connect 3 colours, the character assigned to that colour attacks an opposing character. It's pretty fun, I'm at level 42 right now.

Great nostalgia with many awesome Sega characters across multiple platforms over the years return transforming your phone into a handheld console :D

View attachment 12984

^ Banner from their Reddit page: https://www.reddit.com/r/Sega_Heroes/

Official website: https://www.sega.com/games/segaheroes

Gameplay. Simply connect 3 then watch the animated attack/action :grinning:

this looks good ill give it a crack

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
is there a thread for general general computer talk? cbf looking :grinning:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can do it in here that's what it's for.

Yeah cool.. Wondering if there are any WordPress people here, or developers in general..

I'm looking for a good CDN for Australian users because I noticed CloudFlare are not serving from Australia anymore.. at least not for the free and some lower range paid accounts

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Apparently the PS5 is going to cost 750 AUD lolololol. Looks like it's time to switch to PC :tearsofjoy:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah cool.. Wondering if there are any WordPress people here, or developers in general..

I'm looking for a good CDN for Australian users because I noticed CloudFlare are not serving from Australia anymore.. at least not for the free and some lower range paid accounts
Don't really use CNDs myself, but heard that KeyCDN is good for Australia

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Apparently the PS5 is going to cost 750 AUD lolololol. Looks like it's time to switch to PC :tearsofjoy:
Sounds like a soft price. PS4 was US$400 and sold for $550 in Australia. PS4 will have a production cost 9f US$450 which means it will likely sell for a minimum of US$500. Counting standard inport taxes, inflation, poor Australian dollar. I'm guessing $800 Australian

But it'll also depend heavily on the Xbox. If the Xbox Series X comes out for a lower price then PS5 will have to cut price, and possibly operate at a loss, to keep competitive.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't really use CNDs myself, but heard that KeyCDN is good for Australia

I've heard the same thing, I don't think they have a free plan but I will check them out as I think the days of quality free CDNs here are over thanks to our tight ass telcos!

cheers

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Sounds like a soft price. PS4 was US$400 and sold for $550 in Australia. PS4 will have a production cost 9f US$450 which means it will likely sell for a minimum of US$500. Counting standard inport taxes, inflation, poor Australian dollar. I'm guessing $800 Australian

But it'll also depend heavily on the Xbox. If the Xbox Series X comes out for a lower price then PS5 will have to cut price, and possibly operate at a loss, to keep competitive.
800 bucks for a console, fuck me. I'll probably still pre-order it :tearsofjoy: