Reaction score
We have already witnessed Pay’s madness

- selections
- game plans
- disdain for trials
- use of interchange
- press conference dribble
- Mad Monday debacle

But before Pay lovers come at me let me just say 2020 I’m willing to give him a clean slate to showcase his coaching prowess’

Edit at least 8 rounds
Edit at least one round :P

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
We have already witnessed Pay’s madness
- selections
- game plans
- disdain for trials
- use of interchange
- press conference dribble
- Mad Monday debacle
But before Pay lovers come at me let me just say 2020 I’m willing to give him a clean slate to showcase his coaching prowess’
Edit at least 8 rounds
Regardless of 2020, I don't agree with any of your presumptions. To whit the selections were justified, the game plans were based on the players available and their skill set, the disdain for trials was not a "disdain" at all, simply a reflection of where the players were during the preseason, in hindsight (always an unfair measure) some of the interchange timing could have worked out better, but at the time they were well judged, press conferences are always dribble, most coaches would not do them if the NRL didn't fine them for not attending, the mad Monday debacle was not foreseeable, a paparazzo hiring a scissor lift to get otherwise invisible pictures would not have appeared in any crystal ball.

Plainly your expectation bias (ie; "Pay is shit") is misleading you into only looking at things that justify your bias whilst ignoring the many more examples that disprove it. For 2020 it would help if you put your expectation bias aside and actually looked at the full picture.

Go Dogs

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant wait for some footy. I hope everyone of our boys comes out injury free!!

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Regardless of 2020, I don't agree with any of your presumptions. To whit the selections were justified, the game plans were based on the players available and their skill set, the disdain for trials was not a "disdain" at all, simply a reflection of where the players were during the preseason, in hindsight (always an unfair measure) some of the interchange timing could have worked out better, but at the time they were well judged, press conferences are always dribble, most coaches would not do them if the NRL didn't fine them for not attending, the mad Monday debacle was not foreseeable, a paparazzo hiring a scissor lift to get otherwise invisible pictures would not have appeared in any crystal ball.

Plainly your expectation bias (ie; "Pay is shit") is misleading you into only looking at things that justify your bias whilst ignoring the many more examples that disprove it. For 2020 it would help if you put your expectation bias aside and actually looked at the full picture.

Go Dogs
Your bias is your heads so far up Pay ass it’s not funny

His two years thus far have been a failure in reality and whatever measurement you want to use

Fail

I’m hoping he can prove wrong not just me but all the Dogs fans that are sick of losing and listening to excuses because we are a club that traditionally are successful and don’t accept mediocrity

Go Dogs!

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just watching Kayo atm, they’re showing a replay of 2017 Auckland 9s.

Rorters vs Donks (both wearing light blue, wtf?), and saw Chris Smith put on a fantastic step through a hole and streaked away for a try, outpacing all the Donks...even Jimmy the Jet I think.

Where the fuck has THAT been for the dogs?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Just turned on the Nines and Yvonne Sampson has spent the off season bulking up!

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're gonna get pumped by Parra. They've got a gun side for 9s. Still good to be seeing some form of footy tonight

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We're gonna get pumped by Parra. They've got a gun side for 9s. Still good to be seeing some form of footy tonight
That’s what’s expected but again 9 a side who knows

All comes down to time in possession

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
That’s what’s expected but again 9 a side who knows

All comes down to time in possession
Scoring first is also huge. I saw some stat and it was around 90/120 times the team that scored first won.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Appreciate updates guys if possible :grinning:

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Heres the final team for game 1

Nick Meaney, Jayden Okunbor, Kerrod Holland, Morgan Harper, Jack Cogger, Jake Averillo, Brandon Wakeham, Dean Britt, Ben Marschke, Ofahiki Ogden, Corey Harawira-Naera, Chris Smith, Toa Mata'afa, Bailey Biondi-Odo.

No Bobcat

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fucking Koroisau!
He's killing it! We needed an attacking hooker like him.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
20 mins lol..!! It’s a long wait